Clear Sparkling Water

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

MickinEngland

Dec 15, 2006
Paul said - "I'm worried lest you be led astray from the simplicity of Christ" (2 Cor 11:3), yet too many people can't understand that, and they create great big tangled stringballs of theology, almost as if they're deliberately trying to confuse people or put them off Christianity by making it look complicated.I'm sure Satan thanks them..
wink.gif
CLEAR SPARKLING WATER by MickA copy of a single gospel in pocket-sized slimline booklet form of 30 pages or less can be picked up for a few pence in any bookshop,or free from most Christian groups, and can be read in just a couple of days.Those few pages are a treasure chest containing:-"..the unsearchable riches of Christ" (Eph 3:8-9)In which Jesus promises:-"I'll tell you things hidden since the creation of the world." (Matthew 13:35)In easily-understood language:-"And the common people heard him gladly" (Mark 12:37)His followers knew:-"He gives us all we need for life" (2 Peter 1:3)Because:-"The covenant of Jesus is superior to the old one" (Heb 8:6-13)And that they must:-"..fix our eyes on Jesus,the author and finisher of our faith" (Heb 12:2)Sadly there are still too many Christians who can't grasp that the essence of Christianity is simplicity, it's almost as if they think "Surely Christianity can't be as uncomplicated as that, it'd be too easy!"So instead of simply accepting Jesus's sparkling fresh water:-"Whoever drinks the water I give him will never thirst." (John 4:14)they complicate it, thereby needlessly muddying the water."The more the words,the less the meaning,and how does that profit anyone?" (Ecc 6:11)That's why all sorts of conflicting Christian denominations and cults have arisen, each drinking a muddy home-brew of their own because they haven't heeded Pauls concern:-"I'm worried lest you be led astray from the simplicity of Christ" (2 Cor 11:3)Nobody needs to be a college graduate or Bible scholar to understand Jesus."Peter and John amazed the crowds by being ordinary unschooled men" (Acts 4:13)Remember,Jesus said:- "I thank you Father for hiding these things from the wise and learned,and for revealing them to little children"(Matthew 11:25-27)

TallMan

Jul 20, 2007
(MickinEngland;17385)
. . . A copy of a single gospel in pocket-sized slimline booklet form of 30 pages or less can be picked up for a few pence in any bookshop,or free from most Christian groups, and can be read in just a couple of days.
Come and listen to someone who appreciates the need for you to receive the Holy Spirit and you may well receive the same in a lot less than a couple of days! . . .Ac:10:44: While Peter yet spake these words, the Holy Ghost fell on all them which heard the word.:45: And they of the circumcision which believed were astonished, as many as came with Peter, because that on the Gentiles also was poured out the gift of the Holy Ghost.:46: For they heard them speak with tongues, and magnify God. (MickinEngland;17385)
Those few pages are a treasure chest containing:-"..the unsearchable riches of Christ" (Eph 3:8-9)
No, you only have those riches once you have Christ dwelling within by you receiving His Spirit, as detailed above.(MickinEngland;17385)
And that they must:-"..fix our eyes on Jesus,the author and finisher of our faith" (Heb 12:2)
"they" (all the people that the New Testament letters were written to), had all first received the Spirit, so "they" could fix their eyes on Jesus, others cannot, they cannot know or understand what his Kingdom is about.(MickinEngland;17385)
Sadly there are still too many Christians who can't grasp that the essence of Christianity is simplicity, it's almost as if they think "Surely Christianity can't be as uncomplicated as that, it'd be too easy!"
Maybe those people who you are judging to be "Christians" aren't!(MickinEngland;17385)
That's why all sorts of conflicting Christian denominations and cults have arisen, each drinking a muddy home-brew of their own because they haven't heeded Pauls concern:-"I'm worried lest you be led astray from the simplicity of Christ" (2 Cor 11:3)
Absolutely!And look at the next verse:-"For if he that cometh preacheth another Jesus, whom we have not preached, or if ye receive another spirit, which ye have not received, or another gospel, which ye have not accepted, ye might well bear with him"Here's the "Jesus" Paul preached to those he met:-Ac:19:2: He said unto them, Have ye received the Holy Ghost since ye believed? And they said unto him, We have not so much as heard whether there be any Holy Ghost.:3: And he said unto them, Unto what then were ye baptized? And they said, Unto John's baptism.:4: Then said Paul, John verily baptized with the baptism of repentance, saying unto the people, that they should believe on him which should come after him, that is, on Christ Jesus.:5: When they heard this, they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.:6: And when Paul had laid his hands upon them, the Holy Ghost came on them; and they spake with tongues, and prophesied.Paul didn't preach "pray the sinners prayer sincerely and you are a christian" or "give your hearts to Jesus" etc . . leaving people hoping & guessing.He commanded baptism and even then he knew they had not receoived the Spirit - and when they spoke in tongues he knew they had just received ! - "CRYSTAL CLEAR" - Just like the other apostles preached - Acts 2:4, 33, 38-9; 10:44-48.This is how you "receive Jesus" (John 14:17-20)."you are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his" (Romans 8:9)

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
I clearly thinks that Tallman is difinately not agreeing with you MickinEngland.Lovest ye in Christ Jesus (Yahshua) our Lord and Saviour.

TallMan

Jul 20, 2007
(MickinEngland;17441)
Er... Tallman, I don't understand, are you agreeing with me or not?
If you do not understand the points I made, please say which.If you do, then you know if you agree or not.If you do agree, then we agree, if you don't agree with me, then I don't agree with you.

MickinEngland

Dec 15, 2006
(TallMan;17460)
If you do not understand the points I made, please say which.If you do, then you know if you agree or not.If you do agree, then we agree, if you don't agree with me, then I don't agree with you.
Ha ha ha, I don't understand your entire post Charlie,its all Klingon to me. You prove my point exactly by demonstrating how some people over-complicate everything..
wink.gif

MickinEngland

Dec 15, 2006
(tim bennett;17449)
amen , a third grader can understand the bible better than most "so called" adults. hosanna
Yes, plenty of kids can show stuffy adults how it should be done..
wink.gif
"Don't let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in life, in love, in faith and in purity" (1 Tim 4:12)

TallMan

Jul 20, 2007
(MickinEngland;17471)
Ha ha ha, I don't understand your entire post Charlie,its all Klingon to me. You prove my point exactly by demonstrating how some people over-complicate everything..
wink.gif

You have an interesting idea of what constitutes "proof".I have said the same things to others, including teenagers who responded by calling on God and receiving what I pointed out from God's word - they had received lists of words from ministers of religion in the past, but now they had what those words talk about!Luke 10:21: In that hour Jesus rejoiced in spirit, and said, I thank thee, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, that thou hast hid these things from the wise and prudent, and hast revealed them unto babes: even so, Father; for so it seemed good in thy sight.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
(TallMan;17394)
Come and listen to someone who appreciates the need for you to receive the Holy Spirit and you may well receive the same in a lot less than a couple of days! . . .Ac:10:44: While Peter yet spake these words, the Holy Ghost fell on all them which heard the word.:45: And they of the circumcision which believed were astonished, as many as came with Peter, because that on the Gentiles also was poured out the gift of the Holy Ghost.:46: For they heard them speak with tongues, and magnify God. No, you only have those riches once you have Christ dwelling within by you receiving His Spirit, as detailed above. "they" (all the people that the New Testament letters were written to), had all first received the Spirit, so "they" could fix their eyes on Jesus, others cannot, they cannot know or understand what his Kingdom is about. Maybe those people who you are judging to be "Christians" aren't!Absolutely!And look at the next verse:-"For if he that cometh preacheth another Jesus, whom we have not preached, or if ye receive another spirit, which ye have not received, or another gospel, which ye have not accepted, ye might well bear with him"Here's the "Jesus" Paul preached to those he met:-Ac:19:2: He said unto them, Have ye received the Holy Ghost since ye believed? And they said unto him, We have not so much as heard whether there be any Holy Ghost.:3: And he said unto them, Unto what then were ye baptized? And they said, Unto John's baptism.:4: Then said Paul, John verily baptized with the baptism of repentance, saying unto the people, that they should believe on him which should come after him, that is, on Christ Jesus.:5: When they heard this, they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.:6: And when Paul had laid his hands upon them, the Holy Ghost came on them; and they spake with tongues, and prophesied.Paul didn't preach "pray the sinners prayer sincerely and you are a christian" or "give your hearts to Jesus" etc . . leaving people hoping & guessing.He commanded baptism and even then he knew they had not receoived the Spirit - and when they spoke in tongues he knew they had just received ! - "CRYSTAL CLEAR" - Just like the other apostles preached - Acts 2:4, 33, 38-9; 10:44-48.This is how you "receive Jesus" (John 14:17-20)."you are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his" (Romans 8:9)
Tallman what are you saying? If you are saying that the evidence of the holy spirit is your idea of tongues then it is your wrong idea of what tongues is we have been through this before. Your babble is NOT THE HOLY TONGUES OF ACTS you dont even follow scripture to speak the babble This not evidence of the holy spirit The evidence of the HOLY SPIRIT IS THAT THE TONGUE WAS UNDERSTOOD by 18 different language speaking people thats the evidence not babble.

Wakka

Jun 4, 2007
(MickinEngland;17385)
Paul said - "I'm worried lest you be led astray from the simplicity of Christ" (2 Cor 11:3), yet too many people can't understand that, and they create great big tangled stringballs of theology, almost as if they're deliberately trying to confuse people or put them off Christianity by making it look complicated.I'm sure Satan thanks them..
wink.gif
CLEAR SPARKLING WATER by MickA copy of a single gospel in pocket-sized slimline booklet form of 30 pages or less can be picked up for a few pence in any bookshop,or free from most Christian groups, and can be read in just a couple of days.Those few pages are a treasure chest containing:-"..the unsearchable riches of Christ" (Eph 3:8-9)In which Jesus promises:-"I'll tell you things hidden since the creation of the world." (Matthew 13:35)In easily-understood language:-"And the common people heard him gladly" (Mark 12:37)His followers knew:-"He gives us all we need for life" (2 Peter 1:3)Because:-"The covenant of Jesus is superior to the old one" (Heb 8:6-13)And that they must:-"..fix our eyes on Jesus,the author and finisher of our faith" (Heb 12:2)Sadly there are still too many Christians who can't grasp that the essence of Christianity is simplicity, it's almost as if they think "Surely Christianity can't be as uncomplicated as that, it'd be too easy!"So instead of simply accepting Jesus's sparkling fresh water:-"Whoever drinks the water I give him will never thirst." (John 4:14)they complicate it, thereby needlessly muddying the water."The more the words,the less the meaning,and how does that profit anyone?" (Ecc 6:11)That's why all sorts of conflicting Christian denominations and cults have arisen, each drinking a muddy home-brew of their own because they haven't heeded Pauls concern:-"I'm worried lest you be led astray from the simplicity of Christ" (2 Cor 11:3)Nobody needs to be a college graduate or Bible scholar to understand Jesus."Peter and John amazed the crowds by being ordinary unschooled men" (Acts 4:13)Remember,Jesus said:- "I thank you Father for hiding these things from the wise and learned,and for revealing them to little children"(Matthew 11:25-27)
That's why I take the word literally. And I don't make up tangled doctrines like; why the earth is millions of years old. Or how there was a pre-adamic race. I like to keep it clean and simple. Like the puritans did.
wink.gif

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
To bad God doesnt agree, that might be whats easy for men but God expects more He rebuked those that only wanted to teach and learn the milk (easy things babys can get) he said we should get into the meat (more difficult tougher things of the Word. If you think you are going to get a pat on the back for keeping to the easy milk. Then you havent read what he says

Wakka

Jun 4, 2007
Well, then God only reveals you the truth through holy wisdom through the Bible. After thinking about it, you're right Kriss.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
Those kind of books and evangelists are supposed to get you into Gods word and the milk then you are supposed to have teachers that will help you with the deeper meat of the Word that means going to church where you can learn and fellowship unfortunately many churches today just teach the milk and never get into the meat and deeper teachings of Gods word. So many think that repentance and salvation are the only messages it also make you vulnerable to lies like rapture because many never learn how to find the deeper things in the Word for themselves. Thats what Im trying to show a little of in my Gen8 lesson thread how you can start to learn for yourselfs how God teaches, how he works so you can learn how to start to find the deeper things of the word.