Coffee Update

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So far I've cut back to about 2 cups of coffee 3 times a day instead of 3 cups 3 times a day. I just can't drink 3 anymore. Thanks for your prayers, it worked!

2 cups of instant coffee 3 times a day is below the healthy level for adults. So I've made it to a safe place now and my stomach problems are a lot less!

Last edited:

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So far I've cut back to about 2 cups of coffee 3 times a day instead of 3 cups 3 times a day. I just can't drink 3 anymore. Thanks for your prayers, it worked!

2 cups of instant coffee 3 times a day is below the healthy level for adults. So I've made it to a safe place now and my stomach problems are a lot less!
I wrestled with a coffee habit for a period of time. I finally gave it up altogether, along with anything else that contained caffeine.

Reactions: dev553344

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I wrestled with a coffee habit for a period of time. I finally gave it up altogether, along with anything else that contained caffeine.
I just cut back, I like a little coffee in the mornings and will work on backing off some more. It promotes regularity. Speeds up the stomach. I just don't want so much that it over works.

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I just cut back, I like a little coffee in the mornings and will work on backing off some more. It promotes regularity. Speeds up the stomach. I just don't want so much that it over works.
I found that if anyone was standing between me and the coffee pot, when it was time for my next cup of coffee, I'd run them over.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I found that if anyone was standing between me and the coffee pot, when it was time for my next cup of coffee, I'd run them over.
LOL :D You too? Ahaha. I'm actually doing much better now at the new level. I'm finding I desire alcohol less too now.

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
LOL :D You too? Ahaha. I'm actually doing much better now at the new level. I'm finding I desire alcohol less too now.
Alcohol! I had a problem there, too, after I quit smoking tobacco. I said one night I'd stop after six beers, but I drank a seventh. That night I awoke and it seemed like there were demons in the bedroom with me. That was when I gave up drinking.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Alcohol! I had a problem there, too, after I quit smoking tobacco. I said one night I'd stop after six beers, but I drank a seventh. That night I awoke and it seemed like there were demons in the bedroom with me. That was when I gave up drinking.
Never had demons with me like that but I have had altered personalities from drinking. Glad you gave it up.

Dropship

Jun 2, 2022
Plymouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

You can buy decaffeinated coffee and tea, have you tried those?
I drink decaff tea and it seems fine..:)

Dropship

Jun 2, 2022
Plymouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I guess all I drank coffee for was the kick that it gave me.

I used to drink coffee a while ago but the caffeine gave me a headache so I quit.
I switched to tea and never got a headache even though there was caffeine in it.
More recently I've switched to decaff tea because I hear caff is not good for us anyway.

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I used to drink coffee a while ago but the caffeine gave me a headache so I quit.
i switched to tea and never got a headache even though there was caffeine in it.
More recently I've switched to decaff tea because I hear caff is not good for us anyway.
I won't even eat chocolate, because of the caffeine it in. That's probably good, though I love chocolate, because I have enough trouble already keeping the pounds off.

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

That's still a lot of coffee.

Yeah, I'm sure you know people who drink more.

If you knew what was really in it, I think you'd be a bit more adamant about cutting it WAY back, if not completely off.

Dropship

Jun 2, 2022
Plymouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I was a tea and coffee drinker for much of my life and used to get migraines (flashing zigzag lights in front of my eyes and splitting headache) and it never crossed my mind that caffeine might be to blame, but nowadays I only drink decaff tea and the migraines have lessened; I still get the harmless flashing lights but not the splitting headache..:)

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's still a lot of coffee.

Yeah, I'm sure you know people who drink more.

If you knew what was really in it, I think you'd be a bit more adamant about cutting it WAY back, if not completely off.
I drink instant coffee which has 47mg of caffeine per 8 oz cup. So I'm getting about 250mg of caffeine a day. The dosage for adults is 400mg not to be exceeded.

I do plan on cutting back more. But for now I'm doing better.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was a tea and coffee drinker for much of my life and used to get migraines (flashing zigzag lights in front of my eyes and splitting headache) and it never crossed my mind that caffeine might be to blame, but nowadays I only drink decaff tea and the migraines have lessened; I still get the harmless flashing lights but not the splitting headache..:)
I used to get migraines, but that was from a bad surgery where they put me on pain killers for a long period. Ever since I got off the pain killers the migraines have ceased. Sorry to hear you get migraines, they are terrible.

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I drink instant coffee which has 47mg of caffeine per 8 oz cup. So I'm getting about 250mg of caffeine a day. The dosage for adults is 400mg not to be exceeded.

I do plan on cutting back more. But for now I'm doing better.
That's great, but it's what the caffeine is that is the problem. It's not natural one single bit, as many to this very day believe it is; from coffee beans or whatever.

Since about the 90's, it has been a synthesized chemical created in a lab to simulate the effects of natural caffeine. It is made from Ammonia and is very toxic. Today it is made very cheaply in unregulated labs in China and sold to all countries everywhere. The U.S. uses this very dirty chemical exclusively in every single drink, food product or medicine, that says caffeine on it.

We're talking chocolate products, protein shakes, aspirins, soft drinks, coffee, all kinds of desserts, etc.

It is literally about as addictive as meth and not much better for you. If you have any joint pain at all, anywhere in your body, you can almost 100% link it to your ingestion of these synthetic caffeine products. The pain is actually accumulated toxins, not joint damage.

If possible, find other ways to wake up in the morning and to stay focused at work. Ginkgo Biloba or other natural products are way better, even if not all natural.

Dosia

Jan 24, 2021
Manitoba
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Well, even if you cut back a little, that is a victory, and if it benefits you in some ways and helps you, I don't see a problem with having some in moderation. Think you yourself will know when you are addicted and need to cut back.
God bless you,