COFFEE

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
COFFEE

Drugged and bouncing with the beans
City life with all its scenes
Screaming as life passes by
Hoping it will satisfy

Up at dawn and down the hatch
Midday break and more to match
As the evening’s sure to follow
So will be another swallow

Fill our heads with quaint distractions
Join a party or its factions
Debates in search of sanity
But who admits the vanity?

Drawn along by current fads
Strutting proudly like the adds
Cooler than the neighbours cat
Self absorbed with padded fat

Forgotten is our heartbeats source
Mini gods we think of course
Till that dreaded day arrives
With no one there to brush the flies

Cold and cramped, devoid of life
Now we’ve beat the daily strife
No more waking to be chided
Hope or void has been decided

Last edited:
Reactions: brakelite and Helen

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Hmm coffee, I usually just have it in mornings before work, I have 2 cups, one cappacino at 7 eleven, and just a normal nescafe instant coffee at work before I start haha, just to help me wake up. Otherwise I usually like tea at other times haha, except for the odd weekend once in a while I might have a cup of coffee in the middle of a Saturday or Sunday.

Mochas are nice too, I rarely have Mochas though.

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Very nice.... Made me think of this, Ecc 4:4

Then I saw that all toil and skillful work is the rivalry of one man for another. This also is vanity and a chase after wind.

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I keep away from coffee, it's a drug 1 cup a day 2 at most.
I believe it makes people dopy in a way I believe it brings about a certain dopiness in people who drink much, it's bad for the Soul as well because it deadens that part.
It claims to wake people up but it does not truly, it's only the drug effect that the body craves.
People are so slow and grumpy in the morning who are big drinkers of it from what I see.
But 1 coffee in the morning and I will be like I don't want to do anything much at all, it hammers me, but I am talking about physical hard work not just plodding about.
On the weekend I will have 1 in the morning and chill out taking it easy but only then.
When I go see my mum she is Coffee Coffee all day long and then gets offended because I will not drink it, I make it for her 2 big tea spoons and sugar yuck ! and I hate the smell of coffee.

Last edited:

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
To much coffee will have an effect on your sex life.

Did I just posted that???
Is that true ?
If it is true or you are just joking, well that would prove it makes one dopy or some what a type of drowsy.

I would think that such make one some what more placid and lacking some what in depth of clarity on subjects in depth, they tend to just go with the flow, they do not come back firing on all cylinders quickly as they should, maybe more in neutral gear free wheeling to some degree.

I could come into an office and say Hey hey hey are all of you awake, come on now get your arse into gear snap snap ! what do you think this is, try to think for yourselves.

Triumph1300

Jan 11, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I said that because you cannot have sex and drink coffee at the same time.
That's why coffee has an effect on your sex life.

B

brakelite

I love the smell of fresh roasted coffee beans. But drinking the stuff is a vice. It is a drug. And at my age I don't need any more encouragement to pee. Already I pee half as much and twice as often as I did when 20 something. And its winter. The less reason to get out of bed in the middle of the night the better.

Reactions: Triumph1300

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I love the smell of fresh roasted coffee beans. But drinking the stuff is a vice. It is a drug. And at my age I don't need any more encouragement to pee. Already I pee half as much and twice as often as I did when 20 something. And its winter. The less reason to get out of bed in the middle of the night the better.

lol