Come Back ?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Grams

Jul 11, 2017
brown city
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As a young person and belonging to the Catholic Faith I am wondering ?

If this was from the church or just some one told me this ?

The person who dies, come's back to earth , in another body and does not

know this........ and we just keep doing it over and over.......

Had any one ever heard of this.......

It just pops in my head once in a while and I just do not know were it came from!

I was even wondering if the nuns told us this ? I heard funny things from them...

Of Course I am now a Christian and believe my faith ! And GOD's word.

but I just wonder if it was in my time and before me some foolish things

that man just does and say's.......... ? Thank for any ideas !

Reactions: Job

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Haha! Grams...I bet you didn't hear it from nuns :)
You are talking about reincarnation.
I have a friend who believes this. He wont kill a mosquito or a spider, just in case it is a person who was bad in this life and has been sent back in a much lower form to "do better" this time around.
He once mention how many times he has come back ...but I am not sure he is doing quite so well "this time around either" LOL

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

This is a belief held by Hindus, Buddhists and a few other religious sects. It is not Christian.

They believe that when a person dies, their soul or spirit goes to a place where it waits to be reborn in the form of a new born baby. The first signs of life in the unborn child or animal is when the reincarnated soul enters the baby. That's one of the reasons Indians (dots not feathers ) are mostly vegan. They don't eat meat for fear they may be eating one their family members.

And they say christians are loopy...

Reactions: pia and Helen

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Reincarnation is too limiting. If i wanted to speculate and fly off into fantasy, i would say as soon as Jesus ascended to the Father, the age of Purgatory began. We are simply paying our dues before going to Heaven. It gives a good reasoning for universal salvation, the problem of evil, and Christs conquering death....it even explains past life type memories...

You’re welcome.

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I have a friend who believes this. He wont kill a mosquito or a spider, just in case it is a person who was bad in this life and has been sent back in a much lower form to "do better" this time around.
He once mention how many times he has come back ...but I am not sure he is doing quite so well "this time around either" LOL
There surely are some very puzzling stories about this subject around the place...I have seen stories of children who have told of how they died in a previous life and what their name was and where they were buried, and when checked on, the child has been right...So, demons, deceiving spirits ?? It's difficult to know all those things we cannot yet see :)

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As a young person and belonging to the Catholic Faith I am wondering ?

If this was from the church or just some one told me this ?

Had any one ever heard of this.......

It just pops in my head once in a while and I just do not know were it came from!

I was even wondering if the nuns told us this ? I heard funny things from them...

Of Course I am now a Christian and believe my faith ! And GOD's word.

but I just wonder if it was in my time and before me some foolish things

that man just does and say's.......... ? Thank for any ideas !

What the ffff.............:rolleyes:............you don't know where that came from? Maybe it came from Satan? I think the father of lies is always a good candidate as a source for heresies. I've seen so much heresy on one site in such a short amount of time that I think my heads about to explode.

Reactions: GodsGrace
B

Butterfly

I am not sure it is just a belief within other religions, I have heard about non religious men and women having regression therapy to discover past life experiences. This is along the same lines as reincarnation, but you personally have lived previously only in human form.
Not sure where that originates from, maybe an off shoot of reincarnation, but I hear it mentioned quite a bit by people here in the UK. ( I know Satan is the instigator of the lie- but it still has an origin of beginning - think regression therapy must be a good money earner -)
I think there is some belief that some personality traits , or memories from the past can invade the present from one past life to another.

Butterfly x

Last edited by a moderator:

Grams

Jul 11, 2017
brown city
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well I am really surprised, I thought for sure a lot of you would be saying stop dreaming / or some thing like that..

My mind has always been weird......... thank for not making me feel bad.... :D
I also have song's pop up in my head for no reason ? And goofy stuff...... off and on ...
Maybe this is to keep my mind going ?

We were just at a nursing home to visit a relative , the last two week ends.......... and I was shocked at the relative we went to see.

she is such a kind and loving person , I did not expect this ....... she is about 10 years older then me......

I guess this is better then pain !

B

Butterfly

Hi Grams,
What was wrong at the care home, was it the home you found difficult , or perhaps how your relative was - hope everything is okay xx
( I have an interest as I work in a care home in the uk - or should I say, I am curious - if I am being too nosey please say xxx )
We should be able to discuss things with one another and not feel fear, it helps unravel things.
What kind of songs do you get pop up , there is that nosiness again ! Lol
Butterfly x

Grams

Jul 11, 2017
brown city
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The nursing home is ok ! It is the relative........... she lost a lot of her mind ? She did now know who I was or the rest of the
family ! I had to tell her a few times of the relatives she knew and how we were related.......
And then when she showed us pictures on her desk, they were of her and her husband and also her two children.
And she pointed to her husband and said this is my son and then to her picture and she said this is my daughter.

It was kind of nice for a lot of the other people who are there they came over to visit, I guess there are not to many people
coming to visit with them... so it was good for a lot of people.
And when we left quite a few of them were walking along with us.
Till we got to the doors that beep if you do not get out fast....... and with all 11 of us we had to really hurry.....

I hope this time I made it understandable ? If not let me know !

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
Well I am really surprised, I thought for sure a lot of you would be saying stop dreaming / or some thing like that..

My mind has always been weird......... thank for not making me feel bad.... :D
I also have song's pop up in my head for no reason ? And goofy stuff...... off and on ...
Maybe this is to keep my mind going ?

We were just at a nursing home to visit a relative , the last two week ends.......... and I was shocked at the relative we went to see.

she is such a kind and loving person , I did not expect this ....... she is about 10 years older then me......

I guess this is better then pain !

There are some spirit filled people in nursing homes. My late aunt ended up there and helping other residents became her ministry. The other week an old lady simply quoted John 3:16, and the Holy Spirit showed up with power. There are no words to describe the depth of his love.

Reactions: Helen and pia
B

Butterfly

The nursing home is ok ! It is the relative........... she lost a lot of her mind ? She did now know who I was or the rest of the
family ! I had to tell her a few times of the relatives she knew and how we were related.......
And then when she showed us pictures on her desk, they were of her and her husband and also her two children.
And she pointed to her husband and said this is my son and then to her picture and she said this is my daughter.

It was kind of nice for a lot of the other people who are there they came over to visit, I guess there are not to many people
coming to visit with them... so it was good for a lot of people.
And when we left quite a few of them were walking along with us.
Till we got to the doors that beep if you do not get out fast....... and with all 11 of us we had to really hurry.....

I hope this time I made it understandable ? If not let me know !
Thank you for answering my question, so sorry about your relative. Sounds like demencia and sadly a common experience for families. We have many residents who look at photos and get confused about who is in them. My mum in law has demencia and thinks my daughter is her daughter.
11 of you, must have been quite a gathering xx
Yes you have to be quick to get in the lifts at the home I work, and some residents can spot an open door and aim for it with incredible speed, despite their ages. Our oldest resident is 103- she still does her own hair and makes up- but believes she is in a hotel ( lol she fired me once - I wasn't doing anything wrong, but she thought I was a maid who wasn't doing a good job ! )
Butterfly xx

Reactions: Job and pia

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Lol! oh but they are so gorgeous though a'int they! :) You just have to follow their story....that's what I do when I'm visiting or in the Dementia unit [which is a locked unit]

Reactions: pia

Grams

Jul 11, 2017
brown city
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think ? Yola is the name is 93 or about. ?
And it is funny how warm her room was and she had on a jacket, it looked like a sweater at first....

I think we went through 3 different doors with a pass word numbers. and one of the children ran up to it and waited till we all got
together, and then he put the numbers in and we all rushed in....... there are one or two with out that.....
But seeing how they all walk around I can understand why they have that...... they would be out side thinking they were in there
own back yard.......... It is funny they all feel we are visiting them.............

Last edited:
Reactions: pia
B

Butterfly

Lol! oh but they are so gorgeous though a'int they! :) You just have to follow their story....that's what I do when I'm visiting or in the Dementia unit [which is a locked unit]
Yes, you learn to follow their stories once you have got to know them. I admire the carers, I use to be one on the demencia floor but found it hard to switch off - now I love it as I can interact in a different way, but detach.
It's the conversations between residents that fascinate me- they are ' in their own seperate worlds' but responding as if the other person is talking to them in thier worlds.
I do feel for the families though - such a hard illness to watch a loved one go through X
Butterfly

Reactions: pia and Helen
B

Butterfly

I think ? Yola is the name is 93 or about. ?
And it is funny how warm her room was and she had on a jacket, it looked like a sweater at first....

I think we went through 3 different doors with a pass word numbers. and one of the children ran up to it and waited till we all got
together, and then he put the numbers in and we all rushed in....... there are one or two with out that.....
But seeing how they all walk around I can understand why they have that...... they would be out side thinking they were in there
own back yard.......... It is funny they all feel we are visiting them.............
Yes, they do a lot of walking - but in thier worlds they are actually going somewhere, or trying to get somewhere. The heat is awful at work, lovely for the residents because they really feel the cold at times, but trying to work.
I often wonder who the residents think other people are - it's sad and fascinating at the same time xx butterfly

twinc

Apr 3, 2011
Faith
Country
United Kingdom

these are the distortions as even in Christianity whilst the original rings true - if interested kindly request more and correct info - twinc

Grams

Jul 11, 2017
brown city
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
OH ! from the nuns............ it was possible........... back then it was so different......

I do not think you would believe all that happened with them back in my time... very different !