Come out of the House of Bondage

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

DeHare

Jan 28, 2024
Ampang
Faith
Christian
Country
Malaysia
“I am the Lord your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of slavery.” (Exodus 20:2; Deuteronomy 5:6)

If the world is a prison planet, then nations, institutions and households are its houses of bondage.

Is anyone here feeling disheartened by the perennial lack of breakthroughs in their lives?
(Link removed. Please read forum rules re: new members and links)

Last edited by a moderator:

ShineTheLight

May 7, 2021
Beaverton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If the world is a prison planet, then nations, institutions and households are its houses of bondage.

I'll add my contribution.

Ezekiel 34:27
And the tree of the field shall yield her fruit, and the earth shall yield her increase, and they shall be safe in their land, and shall know that I am the LORD, when I have broken the bands of their yoke, and delivered them out of the hand of those that served themselves of them.

Leviticus 26:13
I am the LORD your God, which brought you forth out of the land of Egypt, that ye should not be their bondmen; and I have broken the bands of your yoke, and made you go upright.

Galatians 5:1
Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage.

John 8:31-36
31 Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed;
32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.
33 They answered him, We be Abraham's seed, and were never in bondage to any man: how sayest thou, Ye shall be made free?
34 Jesus answered them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whosoever committeth sin is the servant of sin.
35 And the servant abideth not in the house for ever: but the Son abideth ever.
36 If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed.

2 Corinthians 3:17
Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

Psalm 1:1-3
1 Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful.
2 But his delight is in the law of the LORD; and in his law doth he meditate day and night.
3 And he shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that bringeth forth his fruit in his season; his leaf also shall not wither; and whatsoever he doeth shall prosper.

When you abide in Christ and walk in God's statutes, that's when you have liberation. You must pull down the strongholds in your mind and mortify the deeds of your flesh. Set your mind on things above, and not on the things on the earth.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nancy and DeHare

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
John Owen wrote, " If you want extraordinary e periences of God, enlarge your ordinary devotions."

In other words get involved in bible reading, study, active intelligent prayer and join in corporate worship and service.
Ephesians 6 armour of God passage.
Are you a fully train soldier of God, or a raw recuit some how stuck in the front line?
Note the how it starts, put on the whole armour of God, so that when you have done everything you may continue to stand.

Reactions: Nancy and DeHare

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John Owen wrote, " If you want extraordinary e periences of God, enlarge your ordinary devotions."

In other words get involved in bible reading, study, active intelligent prayer and join in corporate worship and service.
Ephesians 6 armour of God passage.
Are you a fully train soldier of God, or a raw recuit some how stuck in the front line?
Note the how it starts, put on the whole armour of God, so that when you have done everything you may continue to stand.
Amen! I never remove that armor, I sleep in it!