Come to the River

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Come to the River of Life and be Washed with pure water. Hebrews 10:22 “Let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience, and our bodies washed with pure water.”

Revelation 22:1
[1] And he shewed me a pure river of water of life, clear as crystal, proceeding out of the throne of God and of the Lamb.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Come to the River of Life and be Washed with pure water. Hebrews 10:22 “Let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience, and our bodies washed with pure water.”

[1] And he shewed me a pure river of water of life, clear as crystal, proceeding out of the throne of God and of the Lamb.
2I will be with youd

when you pass through the waters,e

and when you pass through the rivers,

they will not overwhelm you.

"River" is code for "division" in Scripture, but this may not be entirely clear nor acceptable to some--might not be entirely accurate for that matter--so we might have to debate that a bit, but i guess/hope that it is obv that Isaiah is not meaning that literal rivers will not overwhelm us when we "pass through" them; it's just a bit harder to get why God would be leading us to this same concept to get "washed" maybe.

Reactions: VictoryinJesus

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
2I will be with youd

"River" is code for "division" in Scripture, but this may not be entirely clear nor acceptable to some--might not be entirely accurate for that matter--so we might have to debate that a bit, but i guess/hope that it is obv that Isaiah is not meaning that literal rivers will not overwhelm us when we "pass through" them; it's just a bit harder to get why God would be leading us to this same concept to get "washed" maybe.

Your post makes sense. yes, it is not as we expect. (It never is) which, honestly can be scary yet calls for trust. Central is the Pure River though...trees do not grow without water. Fruit does not appear without water.

Psalm 46:2-5
[2] Therefore will not we fear, though the earth be removed, and though the mountains be carried into the midst of the sea; [3] Though the waters thereof roar and be troubled, though the mountains shake with the swelling thereof. Selah. [4] There is a river, the streams whereof shall make glad the city of God, the holy place of the tabernacles of the most High. [5] God is in the midst of her; she shall not be moved: God shall help her, and that right early.

Zechariah 10:11-12
[11] And he shall pass through the sea with affliction, and shall smite the waves in the sea, and all the deeps of the river shall dry up: and the pride of Assyria shall be brought down, and the sceptre of Egypt shall depart away. [12] And I will strengthen them in the Lord ; and they shall walk up and down in his name, saith the Lord .

Ezekiel 47:12
[12] And by the river upon the bank thereof, on this side and on that side, shall grow all trees for meat, whose leaf shall not fade, neither shall the fruit thereof be consumed: it shall bring forth new fruit according to his months, because their waters they issued out of the(THE) sanctuary: and the fruit thereof shall be for meat, and the leaf thereof for medicine.

Daniel 12:6-10
[6] And one said to the man clothed in linen, which was upon the waters of the river, How long shall it be to the end of these wonders? [7] And I heard the man clothed in linen, which was upon the waters of the river, when he held up his right hand and his left hand unto heaven, and sware by him that liveth for ever that it shall be for a time, times, and an half; and when he shall have accomplished to scatter the power of the holy people, all these things shall be finished. [8] And I heard, but I understood not: then said I, O my Lord, what shall be the end of these things ? [9] And he said, Go thy way, Daniel: for the words are closed up and sealed till the time of the end. [10] Many shall be purified, and made white, and tried; but the wicked shall do wickedly: and none of the wicked shall understand; but the wise shall understand.

Last edited:

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
2I will be with youd

Why have our bodies washed in the pure River of Life?

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Your post makes sense. yes, it is not as we expect. (It never is) which, honestly can be scary yet calls for trust. Central is the Pure River though...trees do not grow without water. Fruit does not appear without water.
ok now you are on "water," a diff concept from "river" i guess

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
[11] And he shall pass through the sea with affliction, and shall smite the waves in the sea
"sea" is also a diff concept fwiw, "sea" is not "water"
weird, i know
but fwiw these can be IDed with the Book, have been already i guess, unfort a google search for these leads mostly to Cultists who pay for better search now i guess, lemme try DuckDuckGo or the Dog one maybe...

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"sea" is also a diff concept fwiw, "sea" is not "water"
weird, i know

‘Proud waves’ are men. A double minded man: One tossed as a wave of the Sea driven by the wind should expect nothing.

But we are getting away from: Hebrews 10:22 Let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience, and our bodies washed with pure water.

Where do we find this ‘pure water’ ? You said ‘water’ is getting away from ‘the River’? Is the water we wash our bodies in not the pure water issued(proceeding) out of the throne of God and of the Lamb?

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
see, we glide right over this bc we are used to flowery language in our religion, but this is put this particular way for a reason

Psalm 29:10-11
[10] The Lord sitteth upon the flood; yea, the Lord sitteth King for ever. [11] The Lord will give strength unto his people; the Lord will bless his people with peace.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Why have our bodies washed in the pure River of Life?
ok, exactly, what is your goal here, your aim, before we even proceed any further.
iow pls make a simple statement about why you seek to follow Christ

but since i know you, for you i would say that that is likely a flowery way to say "get used to change, and even embrace the disagreement (division) of others," or something similar

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ok, exactly, what is your goal here, your aim, before we even proceed any further.
iow pls make a simple statement about why you seek to follow Christ

but since i know you, for you i would say that that is likely a flowery way to say "get used to change, and even embrace the disagreement (division) of others," or something similar

The goal? To bring it out into the light, mostly that ‘pure water’ is not man’s holy water. And also for edification that this pure water is offered to everyone to wash in (especially the dirty) and no single man (other than Christ) owns or controls it ...the River of Life.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Where do we find this ‘pure water’ ? You said ‘water’ is getting away from ‘the River’? Is the water we wash our bodies in not the pure water issued(proceeding) out of the throne of God and of the Lamb?
sure, but it is water from a river, not a sea, right, and it is also metaphorical, not literal, so first imo see why JohnB came baptizing in the Jordan River, a good 20 miles away from Jerusalem at least, rather than the closer Dead Sea or a much nearer river, the Sorek or whatever, and let's either agree or disagree that physically dunking ppl in the actual Jordan River is completely irrelevant to the point that Scripture is really trying to make there

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
The goal? To bring it out into the light, mostly that ‘pure water’ is not man’s holy water. And also for edification that this pure water is offered to everyone to wash in (especially the dirty) and no single man (other than Christ) owns or controls it ...the River of Life.
I came not to bring peace, but a sword

um, boy, and i'm not even sure what i might say to anyone who holds that the Pure Water is Holy Water...in forums i guess i would say "get behind me" and irl "have a nice day." You are not called to change others' minds for them, after all

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Psalm 29:10-11
[10] The Lord sitteth upon the flood; yea, the Lord sitteth King for ever. [11] The Lord will give strength unto his people; the Lord will bless his people with peace.
ha, the Lord leads us beside still waters, but rivers flow from Him, and He sits on a flood!
Christ brings a sword, but the Lord will bless his people with peace! Ha!

this is where the rabbi says "Welcome to Torah!" lol

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
let's either agree or disagree that physically dunking ppl in the actual Jordan River is completely irrelevant to the point that Scripture is really trying to make there

Agree. Lay down your life and take His Life up. I know it is complicated. 1 Timothy 5:21-25 I charge thee before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, and the elect angels, that thou observe these things without preferring one before another, doing nothing by partiality. [22] Lay hands suddenly on no man, neither be partaker of other men's sins: keep thyself pure. [23] Drink no longer water, but use a little wine for thy stomach's sake and thine often infirmities. [24] Some men's sins are open beforehand, going before to judgment; and some men they follow after. [25] Likewise also the good works of some are manifest beforehand; and they that are otherwise cannot be hid.

It is not ritualistic in being submerged in death to come up in New Life. It is a daily process. I get it. It is painful. But still, He does the work in a person’s life.
I just wanted to share Hebrews 10:22-23 Let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience, and our bodies washed with pure water. [23] Let us hold fast the profession of our faith without wavering; (for he is faithful that promised

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
But still, He does the work in a person’s life.
well, i agree and i don't, an analogue might be that i obviously cannot change your mind, and i also cannot help but change your mind, so it becomes a matter of perspective imo. You are the Body of Christ, you are called to pick up your cross and follow, and i doubt that God is going to pick your cross up for you, tbh, and that is work no matter how you slice it imo.

So i don't disagree, but imo that statement, "He does the work in a person’s life,"
should always be considered in light of "You will be judged for your works."

and imo let The Greeks worship Jesus if they want to

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Christianity breeds strange questions that neither inform nor enlighten.

Then enlighten Frank. Your testimony about going into the prison and the inmates connecting with your pain and suffering...there needs to be more of that. Yet you don’t sneer at the lower class or those held captive in a prison of their own doing...but you sneer at me. If I’m religious and ask pointless questions then you are wasting your time on that which is pointless. Religion could be considered a prison, yes? We will be judged by the mercy we showed to the poor in Spirit. Not the pointless.

Last edited: