Compassion

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To me the Bible is one of the most resources to learn about God and Jesus Christ, I personally stick with the what is it? 66 books Protestant edition of the Bible, no extra data from other supposed Bibles added in the Apocryphal one (I’m not saying you can not read them).

With this in mind, that is where the information that is most important mainly the 66, now throughout thousands of years people have taught many different things with this Bible. Even to the point of shedding blood. I believe as Christian we can tend to use the Bible as a knife and stab people and saying “I’m right, you’re wrong” mentality and it just cuts our flesh and we rile up against one another.

I have been guilty of harshly judging and condensing other people, coming to draw nearer to God a lot of that has stopped however I can still do it, it’s my flesh when I desire to try and “correct” someone. I would laugh and foolishly mock others, as a Christian and the more I sough after Christ the more of that fleshly part of me slowly died away, I’m still not perfect and believe we need to rely and abide in Christ.

Realize this isn’t a teaching, however a documented statement that for the record all people can be guilty of using the Bible as a weapon, there is something greater than just simply the Bible which increases a person faith in God and the Lord Jesus Christ which some people mock and laugh at not just the Bible but the notion of God existing, and even Jesus raising again.

Individually we know ourselves, and God knows us through and through, you know if you believe and have faith in being adopted to the Father in and through Christ or not. You know if you believe God hears your prayers of not. You know that the most important commandments are firstly to believe on the one whom God sent; (who said Love God first) and to love our neighbor as ourselves.

If we love someone, some believe people need correcting, forgetting that though it is good to share perspectives even with scripture to not start judging them or condemning them as God has set it up for all people to have an individual (soul/ heart/mind/will/emotion). With this in mind, as stated previously that people have used the Bible in different ways, and to me one of the most important ways to reading and understanding the Bible comes through verse by verse study.

Some do not take that approach however it is one of the best ways to learn the Bible and it’s context. Now there have been people out there who have also taught a taught theology and we all have this in us being taught from a small child, what the pastor at the mic had said at church and some can believe them over the Bible and stay at that mindset and thinking; God himself can help people by the Holy Spirit which is the better way, when reading the Bible. For the Holy Spirit can lead people into all truth, if they continue to seek God out through faith.

This better way lead by the spirit is what we do by choice, to rely and abide in Christ and asking for help by and through the spirit as our flesh can cause destruction, even mock and laugh at others, even us being prideful over another.

The spirit helps hold that when ask God to help us by the spirit in faith and not doubt. This leads to compassion when conversing with others, and helps lead not in to judgement upon another persons perspective even if you see as completely wrong.

At the end of the day; if one is not loving, they are in their flesh, and not abiding in the spirit of Christ, all people have this issue and amazingly enough a choice involved.

What you choose is up to you!

Keep your freedom, and liberty in Christ and don’t let someone put you in bondage, set your eyes on Christ and pray never ceasing for all your families and friends and enemies and those who might try to go against you. Ask God our Father to help you by the Holy Spirit!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There are some spelling errors: my apologies.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
One more thing, always ask in Jesus name, that was laid on my heart to mention because it is also one of the mentions to the disciples to pray in his name. By doing so we receive reassurances that God is hearing our prayers and that God will provide good things from the heavenly when also ask for help in the spirit.

Reactions: Nancy

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I’m not against self reflection, or self-compassion. Have heard that many times though if you can’t learn to love yourself, you won’t be able to love others. Jesus helps in that manner as well, realizing that we are in need of someone to help us overcome fear and the temptations that befall us.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I’m not against self reflection, or self-compassion. Have heard that many times though if you can’t learn to love yourself, you won’t be able to love others. Jesus helps in that manner as well, realizing that we are in need of someone to help us overcome fear and the temptations that befall us.
Hi @MatthewG Always good to have a Philippians 2 perspective....

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Also would like to mention three different translations of Proverbs 19:8

New International Version
The one who gets wisdom loves life; the one who cherishes understanding will soon prosper.

New Living Translation
To acquire wisdom is to love yourself; people who cherish understanding will prosper.

English Standard Version
Whoever gets sense loves his own soul; he who keeps understanding will discover good.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Also would like to mention three different translations of Proverbs 19:8

New International Version
The one who gets wisdom loves life; the one who cherishes understanding will soon prosper.

New Living Translation
To acquire wisdom is to love yourself; people who cherish understanding will prosper.

English Standard Version
Whoever gets sense loves his own soul; he who keeps understanding will discover good.
@MatthewG So much in Proverbs......

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Love is patient and kind. Love edifies. In our flesh we dont often choose love. A lot of people are wounded, and anger feels better than just feeling hurt at times.

But the Bible says a gentle answer turns away wrath. It also says knowledge puffs up. But head knowledge isn't enough. To know about water isn't the same as drinking it.

At times, I have had my feelings hurt on this forum. Forgiveness set me free. I think people would act differently if they thought about all the world that may simply be watching to see how we behave online.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Love is patient and kind. Love edifies. In our flesh we dont often choose love. A lot of people are wounded, and anger feels better than just feeling hurt at times.

But the Bible says a gentle answer turns away wrath. It also says knowledge puffs up. But head knowledge isn't enough. To know about water isn't the same as drinking it.

At times, I have had my feelings hurt on this forum. Forgiveness set me free. I think people would act differently if they thought about all the world that may simply be watching to see how we behave online.
Hi @Wynona

Reminds me of 1 Corinthians 13.

New avatar now? I can see this is you but you do look a bit different; changed a bit?

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi @Wynona

Reminds me of 1 Corinthians 13.

New avatar now? I can see this is you but you do look a bit different; changed a bit?

Hi farouk. My hair is a bit different maybe? In different lighting, my eyes appear different.

Reactions: farouk

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
No dreads. I did a twist out. I know you really like that style, though. If I ever get dreads, you'll be among the first to know!
Oh so they're not quite dreads then yet (I'm no expert); a bit like them, I guess but not the full dreads.

Thought the recent avatar photos were different, anyway.

You do still quite like the idea of full dreads then.

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh so they're not quite dreads then yet (I'm no expert); a bit like them, I guess but not the full dreads.

Thought the recent avatar photos were different, anyway.

You do still quite like the idea of full dreads then.

Ill tag you with my answer. I don't want to derail this thread too off topic.