Complete In Spirit

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The born again believer is free in spirit as God the Father, God the Son, God the Holy Spirit.
Because this is what the Father has always wanted for His own offspring.
Believers need to read the Epistles so they will be able to live life in total freedom through "Christ in you" as our Father intended.
Everything that has happened to you is in spirit, the cross is the place of completion for everything God planned before the foundation of the world, Eph. 1:4
4 According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:

Our completion took place at the cross, in spirit, by Christ, Col. 2:10
10 And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power:

To try and complete yourself by some action is to miss what took place in spirit at the cross.
Your action will come about through your understanding of the Cross and what took place there in spirit.
The cross could possibly be the most understood area in all of scripture, with the enemy of the soul bringing about confusion.
Leading the believer to extract from scripture with the knowledge of Good and Evil.
This will be the only place confusion can come about because there is no confusion at the cross in spirit, it is absolute.
When Jesus spoke his last words and said "it is finished," it was done, completed, and the plan and purpose of God had been fulfilled in spirit.
With the soul-mind going relatively untouched, sure we may have felt something I did, but basically you did not know what was happening to you.
You did not know the moment you believed you became as complete then as you will ever be in spirit.
So now we have spent whatever amount of years, learning, growing in the understanding and knowledge of what happened to us the moment we believed.
I have had Believers tell me I do not feel free, you understand you have had that feeling I know I have.
But the truth of the matter is you are free and finding out about it takes time.
That is where the Holy Spirit shall "take of mine" Jesus said and reveals them to you, John 16:15
15 All things that the Father hath are mine: therefore said I, that he shall take of mine, and shall shew it unto you.

The dividing of soul and spirit must become part of your study guide at some point in your Christian walk, Hebrews 4:12
12 For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

As well as the all important, rightly dividing the word of God, 2 Timothy 2:15
15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

These are two absolutes for the avid Bible student to do in their study of scripture, it is imperative for the believers growth.
There is probably nothing as important to do as this in your study.
I cannot find any where else in Scripture as important and that gives the Holy Spirit more to work with in the believer than doing these two things.

John 14:20
20 At that day ye shall know that I am in my Father, and ye in me, and I in you.

John 15:26
26 But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me:

John 16:14
13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

These and many other scriptures like these tell what the HolySpirit will do for you, He will confirm to you that you are complete in spirit.

Reactions: Miss Hepburn

twinc

Apr 3, 2011
Faith
Country
United Kingdom
The born again believer is free in spirit as God the Father, God the Son, God the Holy Spirit.
Believers need to read the Epistles so they will be able to live life in total freedom through "Christ in you" as our Father intended.
Everything that has happened to you is in spirit, the cross is the place of completion for everything God planned before the foundation of the world, Eph. 1:4
4 According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:

To try and complete yourself by some action is to miss what took place in spirit at the cross.
Your action will come about through your understanding of the Cross and what took place there in spirit.
The cross could possibly be the most understood area in all of scripture, with the enemy of the soul bringing about confusion.
Leading the believer to extract from scripture with the knowledge of Good and Evil.
This will be the only place confusion can come about because there is no confusion at the cross in spirit, it is absolute.
When Jesus spoke his last words and said "it is finished," it was done, completed, and the plan and purpose of God had been fulfilled in spirit.
With the soul-mind going relatively untouched, sure we may have felt something I did, but basically you did not know what was happening to you.
You did not know the moment you believed you became as complete then as you will ever be in spirit.
So now we have spent whatever amount of years, learning, growing in the understanding and knowledge of what happened to us the moment we believed.
I have had Believers tell me I do not feel free, you understand you have had that feeling I know I have.
But the truth of the matter is you are free and finding out about it takes time.
That is where the Holy Spirit shall "take of mine" Jesus said and reveals them to you, John 16:15
15 All things that the Father hath are mine: therefore said I, that he shall take of mine, and shall shew it unto you.

The dividing of soul and spirit must become part of your study guide at some point in your Christian walk, Hebrews 4:12
12 For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

These are two absolutes for the avid Bible student to do in their study of scripture, it is imperative for the believers growth.
I cannot find any where else in Scripture as important and that gives the Holy Spirit more to work with in the believer than doing these two things.

20 At that day ye shall know that I am in my Father, and ye in me, and I in you.

26 But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me:

13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

These and many other scriptures like these tell what the HolySpirit will do for you, He will confirm to you that you are complete in spirit.

we have been warned to be aware this is unforgiveable blasphemy by human and satanic devils disguised as angels of light - this was not addressed or spoken to us - it was and to and for the Apostles and early disciples - what was and is addressed and applies to us is Jn 14:17 and notice only the first part applies to us - twinc

twinc

Apr 3, 2011
Faith
Country
United Kingdom

btw there are only believers and non believers = Christians and non Christians = there are no born again Christians imho - twinc

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Curious! am I reading you right; are you saying certain scriptures are given to the Apostles only.
Believers non-believers I would agree.
John 17, are you interpreting as christians being part of the world.

Reactions: Helen

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
you did not know the moment you believed--from a fear of hell--that "count the cost" was even in There, see, and "pick up your cross and follow" was an afterthought, at best, right. You did not know the moment you believed that you were being set up for "seven spirits worse" iow, that you were likely going to end up in worse shape than before!

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
sure, it is perceived as like a complete and immediate acceptance, when it is much more likely akin to Imelda's "Love love," if that makes any sense?

Yea, but our completion is in spirit not soul.

Reactions: Helen

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Yea, but our completion is in spirit not soul.
ezackly where those 7 manifest too, what a coinkydink. Don't get me wrong ok, i took the same path, and if one keeps asking and seeking and knocking, they will eventually get close enough to Christ to perhaps grab His garment; i'm getting glimpses of it in the crowd right now, myself. But recognize that the counterfeit always comes first

Last edited:

twinc

Apr 3, 2011
Faith
Country
United Kingdom
Curious! am I reading you right; are you saying certain scriptures are given to the Apostles only.
Believers non-believers I would agree.
John 17, are you interpreting as christians being part of the world.

you twist and distort - of course or are they in some other cuckoo land - twinc

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
satan appears as an angel of light
Ever since I read this sentence in the Bible, I have realized that it must be either a misinterpretation or a misunderstanding, because satan has ZERO light in him, so how on earth is he supposed to suddenly stand there in front of us shining like an angel of God would.......I can see how it may mean that an idea can come to us, which 'appears' to us as if it is from the Lord and thus of the light, but can be a deception, but the being called satan, will most assuredly not have any power to show himself as a shining light anywhere, any time.....

Miss Hepburn

Oct 28, 2009
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The born again believer is free in spirit as God the Father, God
the Son, God the Holy Spirit.

10 And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power....
Got that right ! :]

Reactions: soul man

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Ever since I read this sentence in the Bible, I have realized that it must be either a misinterpretation or a misunderstanding, because satan has ZERO light in him, so how on earth is he supposed to suddenly stand there in front of us shining like an angel of God would.......I can see how it may mean that an idea can come to us, which 'appears' to us as if it is from the Lord and thus of the light, but can be a deception, but the being called satan, will most assuredly not have any power to show himself as a shining light anywhere, any time.....
i guess the op word there is appears then, and satan most assuredly will have yadayada as long as there is someone to perceive that?

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Oh, you had questions ? And were ignored? Lol...;)
Sorry dunno why that makes me laugh...
"comedy is not pretty" lol

but i do try to address any serious Q put to me, and i don't expect my serious Qs to do anything but...what they are already doing, imo. I post them knowing that they will be ignored, bc the underlying Scripture cannot be contemplated, is at least my theory there

Ignored questions carry a different weight than ignored statements, wouldn't you say?

@aspen

Reactions: amadeus

Miss Hepburn

Oct 28, 2009
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I understand the sentiment ... but everything, everything, everything has light in it...light that is still an extension from the Godhead....nothing would exist if not for Him...and He is Light...you see the logic in this...the tiniest spec if you look inside has light and heat and sound when split.
Satan wouldn't exist if not for God Himself...all Satan's "juice" comes from God.
Emotions and loyalty to God aside...that's just how got is....so understanding who this being satan is is a study that takes years to "get".