Completeness

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
“And I will give you rest.” Matt 11:28

Whenever anything begins to disintegrate your life with Jesus Christ, turn to Him at once and ask Him to establish rest. Never allow anything to remain which is making the dis-peace. Take every element of disintegration as something to wrestle against, and not to suffer. Say-- Lord prove Thy consciousness in me, and self-consciousness will go and He will be all in all. Beware of allowing self-conciousness to continue becasue by slow degrees it will awaken self-pity, and self-pity is Satanic. Well, I am not understood; this is a thing they ought to apologize for; that is a point I really must have cleared up. Leave others alone and ask the Lord to give you Christ-consciousness, and He will poise you until the completeness is absolute.

The complete life is the life of a child. When I am consciously conscious, there is something wrong. It is the sick man who knows what health is. The child of God is not conscious of the will of God because he is the will of God. When there has been the slightest deviation from the will of God we begin to ask-- What is Thy will? A child of God never prays to be conscious that God answers prayer, he is so restfully certain that God always does answer prayer.

If we try to overcome self-consciousness by any common-sense method, we will develop it tremendously. Jesus says, “Come unto Me and I will give you reast,” i.e. Christ-consciousness will take the place of self-consciousness. Wherever Jesus comes He establishes rest, the rest of the perfection of activity that is never conscious of itself.

by Oswald Chambers, My Utmost for His Highest, August 20th

Reactions: Pearl and Nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Whenever anything begins to disintegrate your life with Jesus Christ, turn to Him at once and ask Him to establish rest. Never allow anything to remain which is making the dis-peace. Take every element of disintegration as something to wrestle against, and not to suffer. Say-- Lord prove Thy consciousness in me, and self-consciousness will go and He will be all in all. Beware of allowing self-conciousness to continue becasue by slow degrees it will awaken self-pity, and self-pity is Satanic. Well, I am not understood; this is a thing they ought to apologize for; that is a point I really must have cleared up. Leave others alone and ask the Lord to give you Christ-consciousness, and He will poise you until the completeness is absolute.

The complete life is the life of a child. When I am consciously conscious, there is something wrong. It is the sick man who knows what health is. The child of God is not conscious of the will of God because he is the will of God. When there has been the slightest deviation from the will of God we begin to ask-- What is Thy will? A child of God never prays to be conscious that God answers prayer, he is so restfully certain that God always does answer prayer.

If we try to overcome self-consciousness by any common-sense method, we will develop it tremendously. Jesus says, “Come unto Me and I will give you reast,” i.e. Christ-consciousness will take the place of self-consciousness. Wherever Jesus comes He establishes rest, the rest of the perfection of activity that is never conscious of itself.

Great excerpts from a great book, and very true about the self pity. Stop looking inward, at all! Always look out and up, He is our peace in all things.
There is
always someone who has it tougher than we do. We are to be partakers of not only His blessings but, His sufferings also.
Good share A.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Great excerpts from a great book, and very true about the self pity. Stop looking inward, at all! Always look out and up, He is our peace in all things.
There is
always someone who has it tougher than we do. We are to be partakers of not only His blessings but, His sufferings also.
Good share A.
Corrie ten boom had a wondeful poem . Part of it went like this ...
LOOK around and be distressed
Look within and be depressed
Look to Christ and be at REST . exactly . Let all that has breath praise the glorious LORD .

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
There is
Good share A.
As a mature Christian I can now see and feel when I begin to get resentful, self pitying or critical and I say to myself ' No! I'm not going there.'.

Reactions: amadeus and Nancy

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

Good post @amadeus

Reactions: amadeus and Nancy

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Colossians 2:10

"""""And you have been made complete in Christ"""

"New Creation IN Christ". = Born again Spirit that exists as "ONE with God".

That is not your discipleship, that is your SALVATION.

Reactions: Nancy

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Colossians 2:10

"""""And you have been made complete in Christ"""

"New Creation IN Christ". = Born again Spirit that exists as "ONE with God".

That is not your discipleship, that is your SALVATION.
So are we siblings of the Soul? :holdinghands:

Reactions: Nancy

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
So are we siblings of the Soul? :holdinghands:

We are born again siblings of the Father.
Heirs of God.
Joint Heirs with Christ.

Adam lost spiritual union with God, and we were born into this separation from God.
2nd Adam, Christ, restores US, >the born again< = to the same spiritual union that 1st Adam had with God before he lost it. (threw it away).

Reactions: Nancy and Pearl

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I had a pity party last week. No one showed up.

It helps to focus on the things I need to do around the house and do them.
Misery might love company , BUT THE LAMBS HAVE THE GLORIOUS LORD . Always remember WHAT HE HAS DONE FOR US .
That will LIFT YOU UP dear sister . YES IT WILL . No matter how hard and harsh things get in this world
and no matter what we lose , ALWAYS REMEMBER that JESUS stepped out of GLORY and for our sakes became poor
and suffered and even died so that the lambs would have LIFE . YEP . THAT WILL make you want to PRAISE and THANK THE LORD .
Cause it could be much worse in this life . Imagine if we still were in darkness . HOW terrifying .
I know many , even within christendom that think they have life eternal and yet deny Christ .
Can you imagine thinking you had eternal life only to find out on the DAY of the LORD , WHEN HE SAYS I NEVER KNEW YOU .
SO let us thank GOD for the grace of GOD given us in CHRIST . ALWAYS REMEMBER what the LORD DID for us my dear sister .
You will be singing praises to the KING .

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Misery might love company , BUT THE LAMBS HAVE THE GLORIOUS LORD . Always remember WHAT HE HAS DONE FOR US .
That will LIFT YOU UP dear sister . YES IT WILL . No matter how hard and harsh things get in this world
and no matter what we lose , ALWAYS REMEMBER that JESUS stepped out of GLORY and for our sakes became poor
and suffered and even died so that the lambs would have LIFE . YEP . THAT WILL make you want to PRAISE and THANK THE LORD .
Cause it could be much worse in this life . Imagine if we still were in darkness . HOW terrifying .
I know many , even within christendom that think they have life eternal and yet deny Christ .
Can you imagine thinking you had eternal life only to find out on the DAY of the LORD , WHEN HE SAYS I NEVER KNEW YOU .
SO let us thank GOD for the grace of GOD given us in CHRIST . ALWAYS REMEMBER what the LORD DID for us my dear sister .
You will be singing praises to the KING .
Yes!

I am always amazed at what Jesus did for me :)