Concede Now, or Concede Later.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Doesn't everyone want to be right about God?

We do this forum stuff day in and day out and it is so rare--it happened today, that a biblical case is made against what someone believes, and you almost never hear, "Hmm, let me put that before God, maybe do a little more research."

Kudos to the brother who did--it shows great character!

But it brings up a topic that I think is missing in the mindset of most Christians: That is that these times have been ordered by Christ to lead us into all truth by the Holy Spirit. Now, I know that could be perceived many different ways, some of which are just too scary for some. Nonetheless, scary or not--that is the order of the day. Which, no, does not come in the many ways imaginable. It comes just as Jesus outlined it:

Matthew 16:17
Jesus answered and said to him, “Blessed are you, Simon Bar-Jonah, for flesh and blood has not revealed this to you, but My Father who is in heaven.
Which I do not bring up to make this a Catholic issue. Please don't. Start another thread if you want--I'll even join you there. But that is not the issue of discussion here. Please.

But back to Jesus' declaration of how things are to be revealed during the church age: Clearly it is not by flesh and blood, but by the Father, whom is spirit. In other words, the rest of what is to be revealed of all truth is to be revealed spiritually.

So...what does that look like in a forum setting?

Well...it doesn't look like one scripture pit against another as if God made a mistake on the other scripture. We need to do better than that. It also doesn't look like majority rule. Nor does it mean "what has always been believed" gets a pass to continue in error. And it doesn't look like agreeing-to-disagree or just going away. Remember, that "All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness." 2 Timothy 3:16

What it does look like then, is that we should expect "knowledge shall increase." EXPECT IT. It means facing the music--for crying out loud. Because error is a foretold fact by Jesus, as well as both Peter and Paul. So much so, that it is referred to as the believing of a "lie" and "strong delusion." Jesus made a few statements along these lines specifically regarding Israel, telling them things like "You have heard such and such, but I say this." He was addressing hundreds of years of what needed correction. And with the somber predictions of what would occur during our own times--it might even be worse for us.

So, what, should we just put our blinders on, believe what we have always believed, not heeding the warnings, and continue the same old pitting of one scripture against another, and squabbling? Or should we take a more honest approach and be prepared to concede before we die and get hit with it all at once, in shame?

Please.

Last edited:

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My advice is concede now to biblical truth , cause on the day of judgment many will wail .
Paul often warned about another jesus getting preached or another gospel . WELL its huge in these days .
We need an all out exodus from what much of men have taught and a massive entrodus back into bibles to learn for ourselves .
I think i invented a word , ENTRODUS . oh well it makes a good point

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My advice is concede now to biblical truth , cause on the day of judgment many will wail .
Paul often warned about another jesus getting preached or another gospel . WELL its huge in these days .
We need an all out exodus from what much of men have taught and a massive entrodus back into bibles to learn for ourselves .
The big thing that I see missing, is the expectation that we need to be corrected--basically, as it is foretold--that we have been wrong.

keithr

Dec 4, 2020
Dorset
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
What it does look like then, is that we should expect "knowledge shall increase."
Or as it says in Proverbs 4:18 (WEB):

(18) But the path of the righteous is like the dawning light, that shines more and more until the perfect day.​

This implies that knowlege of the truth of God's word should increase as we get closer to God's Kingdom being established.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

We do this forum stuff day in and day out and it is so rare--it happened today, that a biblical case is made against what someone believes, and you almost never hear, "Hmm, let me put that before God, maybe do a little more research."

But it brings up a topic that I think is missing in the mindset of most Christians: That is that these times have been ordered by Christ to lead us into all truth by the Holy Spirit. Now, I know that could be perceived many different ways, some of which are just too scary for some. Nonetheless, scary or not--that is the order of the day. Which, no, does not come in the many ways imaginable. It comes just as Jesus outlined it:

Jesus answered and said to him, “Blessed are you, Simon Bar-Jonah, for flesh and blood has not revealed this to you, but My Father who is in heaven.
Which I do not bring up to make this a Catholic issue. Please don't. Start another thread if you want--I'll even join you there. But that is not the issue of discussion here. Please.

But back to Jesus' declaration of how things are to be revealed during the church age: Clearly it is not by flesh and blood, but by the Father, whom is spirit. In other words, the rest of what is to be revealed of all truth is to be revealed spiritually.

Well...it doesn't look like one scripture pit against another as if God made a mistake on the other scripture. We need to do better than that. It also doesn't look like majority rule. Nor does it mean "what has always been believed" gets a pass to continue in error. And it doesn't look like agreeing-to-disagree or just going away. Remember, that "All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness." 2 Timothy 3:16

What it does look like then, is that we should expect "knowledge shall increase." It means facing the music--for crying out loud. Because error is a foretold fact by Jesus, as well as both Peter and Paul. So much so, that it is referred to as the believing of a "lie" and "strong delusion." Jesus made a few statements along these lines specifically regarding Israel, saying things like "You have heard such and such, but I say this." He was addressing hundreds of years of what needed correction. And with the somber predictions of what would occur during our own times--it might even be worse for us.

So, what, should we just put our blinders on, believe what we have always believed, not heeding the warnings, and continue the same old pitting of one scripture against another, and squabbling? Or should we take a more honest approach and be prepared to concede before we die and get hit with it all at once, in shame?

Please.

I don't think so Scott, most people are extremely close minded on the subject.

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

What it does look like then, is that we should expect "knowledge shall increase." It means facing the music--for crying out loud. Because error is a foretold fact by Jesus, as well as both Peter and Paul. So much so, that it is referred to as the believing of a "lie" and "strong delusion." Jesus made a few statements along these lines specifically regarding Israel, saying things like "You have heard such and such, but I say this." He was addressing hundreds of years of what needed correction. And with the somber predictions of what would occur during our own times--it might even be worse for us.

Please.
Some will concede now and some later ... all in due time. If what you mean by concede is surrendering to Christ, the truth. But the whole truth is not a prerequisite for salavation, just the basic and fundamental truth, the enlightenment and spiritual transformation that removes our blindness and causes us to believe that we are sinners and Jesus died for our sins and rose on the third day according to the scriptures is sufficient. We don't have to understand perfectly all the doctrines. If we did, few if any would make it.

Jesus is the AUTHOR of our faith. So individually (and regardless of all the errors, arguments, misinterpretations we have, etc.), HE WILL FINISH OUR FAITH.
Billy Graham finished on one level which won't be the level I finish at nor will it be for most people. The man on the cross next to Jesus had little but just enough faith to finish and be saved.
All His sheep will FINISH at a given time planned and purposed by Him. That's the beauty in His GRACE, He is in control of our lives, He is guiding us and protecting us from anything or anyone that could possibly thwart or steal from us our salvation ... even from ourselves. Nothing can separate us from the love of God.

Last edited:

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

"I think i invented a word , ENTRODUS . oh well it makes a good point"
Lol, yes I think you did too but, I understood it right away :D

Reactions: amigo de christo

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't think so Scott, most people are extremely close minded on the subject.
Robert,
Sorry I can't "Like" your comment. But you are exactly right, and it's most eloquently stated in scripture:

Isaiah 29:9
Pause and wonder! Blind yourselves and be blind! They are drunk, but not with wine; They stagger, but not with intoxicating drink.

Isaiah 6:9
And He said, “Go, and tell this people: ‘Keep on hearing, but do not understand; Keep on seeing, but do not perceive.’

Isaiah 6:10
“Make the heart of this people dull, And their ears heavy, And shut their eyes; Lest they see with their eyes, And hear with their ears, And understand with their heart, And return and be healed.”
Good thing it's not forever.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Some will concede now and some later ... all in due time. If what you mean by concede is surrendering to Christ, the truth. But the whole truth is not a prerequisite for salavation, just the basic and fundamental truth, the enlightenment and spiritual transformation that removes our blindness and causes us to believe that we are sinners and Jesus died for our sins and rose on the third day according to the scriptures is sufficient. We don't have to understand perfectly all the doctrines. If we did, few if any would make it.

Jesus is the AUTHOR of our faith. So individually (and regardless of all the errors, arguments, misinterpretations we have, etc.), HE WILL FINISH OUR FAITH.
Billy Graham finished on one level which won't be the level I finish at nor will it be for most people. The man on the cross next to Jesus had little but just enough faith to finish and be saved.
All His sheep will FINISH at a given time planned and purposed by Him. That's the beauty in His GRACE, He is in control of our lives, He is guiding us and protecting us from anything or anyone that could possibly thwart or steal from us our salvation ... even from ourselves. Nothing can separate us from the love of God.
Well said.

I suppose though that, that was not the point which I had hoped to address. But more the point of contentions, claims and false claims, some of which are simply a matter of misunderstanding--which we might overcome if we take to heart that much of what may be believed is wrong according to what Jesus, Peter and Paul wrote of us. Starting with that, we should as much as expect to be corrected...which is even the proven track record of biblical history.

Yet, not all needs corrected. But during the same times where many do need correction--which is like always, God has continually provided the stays of His truth to guide us through every generation. And what usually happens--is we kill them, and then suffer the wrath of God. But if these are indeed those times of all truth, I should think that first light on the horizon should bring with it the winds of change.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ronald David Bruno

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The big thing that I see missing, is the expectation that we need to be corrected--basically, as it is foretold--that we have been wrong.
I was a calvinist for decades and I was wrong. :)

Its 100% a pride thing accepting correction. A humble person will accept correction instead of defending a doctrine they have been taught by men.

I know this first hand Scott.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Hi @Christophany Some ppl come to a Calvinistic conclusion because of abstract logic. But others come to such a conclusion because of the balance of Scripture verses, beyond any logical superstructure which might be superimposed upon Scripture.

Reactions: ChristisGod

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Its 100% a pride thing accepting correction. A humble person will accept correction instead of defending a doctrine they have been taught by men.

That's awesome--I mean, to have come through and being able to look back and even witness that it is good. Congratulations!

Hey, where'd you get that salmon? It's huge! 40 lbs?

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

What it does look like then, is that we should expect "knowledge shall increase." EXPECT IT. It means facing the music--for crying out loud. Because error is a foretold fact by Jesus, as well as both Peter and Paul. So much so, that it is referred to as the believing of a "lie" and "strong delusion." Jesus made a few statements along these lines specifically regarding Israel, telling them things like "You have heard such and such, but I say this." He was addressing hundreds of years of what needed correction. And with the somber predictions of what would occur during our own times--it might even be worse for us.

Please.
When I can learn I've been wrong about something, that is gain. Not loss!

Much love!

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's awesome--I mean, to have come through and being able to look back and even witness that it is good. Congratulations!

Hey, where'd you get that salmon? It's huge! 40 lbs?
It weighed 51 lbs caught north of the SF Bay near Marin coastline . My smaller fish that day was 46 lbs :)

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It weighed 51 lbs caught north of the SF Bay near Marin coastline . My smaller fish that day was 46 lbs :)
Wow! I guess that puts you a bit over 6' yourself, judging by the proportions.

I know where you mean, I caught the big fish on the boat when I was a kid there on one trip with my dad...all of 22 lbs :) It was a great trip--a boat full of CHP.

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wow! I guess that puts you a bit over 6' yourself, judging by the proportions.

I know where you mean, I caught the big fish on the boat when I was a kid there on one trip with my dad...all of 22 lbs :) It was a great trip--a boat full of CHP.
Duxberry Reef area to be exact . 6’1

Reactions: ScottA

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

24265_4e38f72732e126a76a08d270e7934ea1.png