Conceptual Bible Study and Extra Biblical Revelation.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Man on Fire

Jul 10, 2018
Durham
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What is a Conceptual Bible Study? Someone should read the Bible from Genesis to Revelation, more or less, towards understanding the story, the narrative, the time line. Someone really interested in learning the Bible should have some concept of a series of events, and God's character. Someone who was brought up in Christianity may have learned about the Story of Noah or the Story of David in kid friendly ways. He reads his Bible to put all the stories together as a man. A Conceptual Bible is something that comes after, or corresponds with other Bible Studies. Someone looks at specific Concepts. A Concept may have been "Righteousness." Someone may be looking at a Bible Concordance for scriptures that mention righteousness. He may be researching articles about people explaining righteousness. He is looking to grasp the concept. Once he grasps the concept, everything starts to fall into place. Once he grasp the concept, and he is centered on God, in a discussion of Righteousness, or other Biblical topics, it may be that he is right most often. My understanding of a Conceptual Bible Study came from God working to explain complex things God had given to me that I understood, but went over many people's heads.

We have Concepts. Given someone understands the Concepts, how do they relate to things outside of the Bible? How are they being used in the media? Why? Towards what purpose? A conceptual Bible understanding may be something that comes with a big time relationship with God, and growing in Faith. It is a higher level of thinking.

Examples:

Question: How do you relate Jesus in his 20's prior to him starting his calling?

I don't 100% know. The Bible doesn't tell us a lot about prophets prior to their calling. God may have set me up to figure things out, and walk "familiar paths." Not exactly the same paths, but familiar where someone could put things together.

• Jesus is The Stone Rejected By The Builders.

• Jesus is The Suffering Servant. (Isaiah 53)

• Jesus is The Bridegroom.

• Israel is a crossroads country.
Israel was a crossroads country. Some of the Silk Road traders may have passed through there. Armies march through on their way to war. Israel is in the middle of many things. There may have been traders from Ireland or China there at times, especially Roman times.

The Son of Man came eating and drinking, and they say, ‘Look, a glutton and a [a]winebibber, a friend of tax collectors and sinners!’ But wisdom is justified by her [b]children.” (Matthew 11:19)

Jesus was born a King. He lives as the son of a carpenter. Jesus may have had to been rejected during his 20's. He was a suffering servant. He goes to the pub. At the pub, he may have talked with all kinds of people. Jesus had God's Spirit. He has spiritual discernment. He may have been able to unravel quickly various faiths and other things like a complex rubix cube towards Truth, and what God The Father needed him to do.

Jesus may have had all knowledge in him. He talked to people and asked questions or engaged people, and had right answers.

A Bridegroom Looking for a Bride.
Jesus Christ is a Bridegroom looking for a Bride.

Article: "Jesus Christ, the Bridegroom, Past and Future" Desiring God.

In my relationship with God, I was shown that Jesus Christ may have had a love. There may have been a Jewish Noble woman who given Jesus married her, he may have been King of the Jews in a more physical way. Jesus is King of the Jews. Given he married this woman, he may have been more on a path to being King of The Jews in such a way as it may have created Civil War in Judea, Rome......or something. That path, to being King in that way, was laid out for Jesus potentially.

Song: "Uptown Girl"

The concept of "The Stone Rejected" is important here. God is a square. God says only a "Levite touches the Ark." Then only a Levite should touch the Ark. Given a non-Levite touches the Ark, he dies. God is a square. This is an important concept for dwelling on God's Law and understanding the Spiritual. (Psalms 1:1-4) With this concept, we may be able to come close on some things that are not 100% related in the Bible, but may have been implied knowledge for someone serving God in particular ways.

Is know the above or belief in the above important towards being saved? Not necessarily. In seeking understanding of God, and how God works, and how certain concepts have worked and interact, the above may be important.

Man on Fire

Jul 10, 2018
Durham
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Question: Was Jesus Christ virginal?

Absolutely. In a big picture kind of way, understanding the Spiritual, Jesus Christ had to be virginal in God's plan for him.

I am more clearing any doubts here. All I was suggesting was he had a love interest......that love interest may have been someone who was like Jewish Nobility.

For we do not have a high priest who is unable to empathize with our weaknesses, but we have one who has been tempted in every way, just as we are-yet he did not sin. (Hebrews 4:15)
“And there are also many other things which Jesus did, the which, if they should be written every one, I suppose that even the world itself could not contain the books that should be written. Amen.”(John 21:25:)