Concerning guns and weapons, and violence against mankind...

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Mitch Etling

Apr 24, 2021
EST
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
----------

Concerning guns and weapons, and violence against mankind...

----------

Then said Jesus unto him, Put up again thy sword into his place: for all they that take the sword shall perish with the sword.

Matthew 26:52

----------

Behold, I send you forth as sheep in the midst of wolves: be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves.

Matthew 10:16

----------

Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord:

Hebrews 12:14

----------

Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord.

Romans 12:19

----------

And why call ye me, Lord, Lord, and do not the things which I say?

Luke 6:46

----------

Whoso sheddeth man's blood, by man shall his blood be shed: for in the image of God made he man.

Genesis 9:6

----------

Thou shalt not kill.

Exodus 20:13

----------

The LORD trieth the righteous: but the wicked and him that loveth violence his soul hateth.

Psalm 11:5

----------

A man that doeth violence to the blood of any person shall flee to the pit; let no man stay him.

Proverbs 28:17

----------

For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this; Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

Galatians 5:14

----------

And unto him that smiteth thee on the one cheek offer also the other; and him that taketh away thy cloke forbid not to take thy coat also.

Luke 6:29

----------

Say not thou, I will recompense evil; but wait on the LORD, and he shall save thee.

Proverbs 20:22

----------

Recompense to no man evil for evil. Provide things honest in the sight of all men.

Romans 12:17

----------

The LORD shall fight for you, and ye shall hold your peace.

Exodus 14:14

----------

For I will surely deliver thee, and thou shalt not fall by the sword, but thy life shall be for a prey unto thee: because thou hast put thy trust in me, saith the LORD.

Jeremiah 39:18

----------

There shall no evil befall thee, neither shall any plague come nigh thy dwelling.

Psalm 91:10

----------

But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

Hebrews 11:6

----------

Whoso despiseth the word shall be destroyed: but he that feareth the commandment shall be rewarded.

Proverbs 13:13

----------

OBEY The Lord Jesus Christ and STOP SINNING, or go to the Lake of Fire...

Born again Christians DO NOT SIN!

----------

Whosoever abideth in him sinneth not: whosoever sinneth hath not seen him, neither known him.

1 John 3:6

----------

We know that whosoever is born of God sinneth not; but he that is begotten of God keepeth himself, and that wicked one toucheth him not.

1 John 5:18

----------

Do not let someone deceive you into doing violence against another human being by quoting the following scripture:

----------

Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one. For I say unto you, that this that is written must yet be accomplished in me, And he was reckoned among the transgressors: for the things concerning me have an end. And they said, Lord, behold, here are two swords. And he said unto them, It is enough.

Luke 22:36-38

----------

The above instruction (Luke 22:36) was to the apostles of the Lord Jesus Christ that were in His immediate vicinity at that exact moment - it was NOT a general commandment to the body of Christ.

----------

Here are John the Baptist's instructions to SOLDIERS - look what he says -- please keep in mind that these are instructions TO THE MILITARY.

"...Do violence to no man..."

----------

And the soldiers likewise demanded of him, saying, And what shall we do? And he said unto them, Do violence to no man, neither accuse any falsely; and be content with your wages.

Luke 3:14

----------

Last edited:

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John 2:13-17
13 When it was almost time for the Jewish Passover, Jesus went up to Jerusalem. 14 In the temple courts he found people selling cattle, sheep and doves, and others sitting at tables exchanging money. 15 So he made a whip out of cords, and drove all from the temple courts, both sheep and cattle; he scattered the coins of the money changers and overturned their tables. 16 To those who sold doves he said, “Get these out of here! Stop turning my Father’s house into a market!” 17 His disciples remembered that it is written: “Zeal for your house will consume me.”

Luke 22:36-38
36 And He said to them, “But now, whoever has a money belt is to take it along, likewise also a bag, and whoever has no sword is to sell his cloak and buy one. 37 For I tell you that this which is written must be fulfilled in Me: ‘And He was counted with wrongdoers’; for that which refers to Me has its fulfillment.” 38 They said, “Lord, look, here are two swords.” And He said to them, “It is enough.”