Consumed By God's Great Love

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

hldude33

Apr 28, 2010
“Consumed By God’s Great Love”
By: Zach Wood
Lamentations 3:22-23 NIV
Because of the Lord’s great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness.

As the days and weeks roll on with consistent changes in the world around us, it is easy for us to become consumed with all the updates and challenges going on. I have found myself often lately saying to my wife, “Please honey, do we have to listen to the news…..again.” It isn’t that I don’t want to be informed, I just feel consumed with hearing the news over and over and over again. However, I struggle because I need to know updates (we all do to an extent).

It almost seems impossible to think of not being consumed by everything going on around us, with the constant changes at home, at work, in stores, at church, etc. We are surrounded by constant changes every day and all through the day. We are especially dealing with the challenges now of having kids doing school at home. That has affected so many families and I know that we are all adjusting in different ways with different things each day.

As we are consistently dealing with the challenges of being consumed by world events, let us be challenged by our Heavenly Father that He wants us to be consumed with Him. His great love is amazing and is so much bigger than any virus could ever be. This is not to diminish the power and concerns of what the virus is doing in our world, but to remind us that we serve an amazing God Who is so much bigger and can comfort us when the world cannot.

I hope and pray this passage and the thought of God’s consuming love will bring us all comfort in these continues days of uncertainty. While so many things and activities around us have been cancelled, remember that God’s love, faithfulness and compassion will NEVER cancel on us. No matter what is happening to us, around us or to our families, God’s powerful love will ALWAYS be with us. We can count on this, no matter what!

I’d like to end with a prayer as we continue on these days with God’s strength in the days of uncertainty.

Father, please continue to guide and direct us as we face daily challenges of uncertainty. We know You are in control even though the world seems out of control. Help us to continue to provide for our families as we seek to follow You faithfully each day. Help us to be thankful for every single thing we have that You have already provided. Most of all, help us continue to focus on being a witness to those around us who do not know You. Help us to spread the love, hope and compassion You give to us. Thank You God for your consistent great love and faithfulness, which never fails or ends!

Last edited:
Reactions: Nancy and GTW27