Consuming Fire on the Day of The Lord

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Firstly, a WARNING.

There are some that keep pushing men's doctrines opposite of the Scriptures about the Signs Christ's Church is given to signal the day of Lord Jesus' future coming, and end of this world by God's consuming fire on the "day of the Lord". There are various reasons why some men purposefully steer away from this Truth in Bible Scripture.

Some among the false Pre-trib Rapture theory try to push the "day of the Lord" back to the start of the "great tribulation", just to TRY and support a false pre-trib rapture theory. They love to throw the 1st one taken idea at you when actually, at the end of Luke 17, Lord Jesus revealed the 1st one taken is actually to the Antichrist and his host. Since they got the whole rapture idea wrong, it means many other ideas they have are also wrong, and do not... stay with what is written in God's Word.

In Revelation 16:15, Jesus said He comes "as a thief", and He is warning His Church about that within the 6th Vial timing. Then the battle of Armageddon happens and God pours out His 7th Vial to end this present world. Here below is where Lord Jesus first taught about the idea of His coming being like a 'thief'...

Matt 24:35-47
35 Heaven and earth shall pass away, but My words shall not pass away.
36 But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but My Father only.

No man knows the day or hour of Lord Jesus' future coming. Only The Father knows.

37 But as the days of Noe were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.
38 For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark,
39 And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

That is a very deep warning, if you understand what was going on back in Noah's days. Those outside the ark didn't know until the flood came and destroyed them. Likewise it will be for the end of this world when Jesus comes. Apostle Paul gets into this more, which I will cover a little later.

40 Then shall two be in the field; the one shall be taken, and the other left.
41 Two women shall be grinding at the mill; the one shall be taken, and the other left.

Per Lord Jesus at the end of Luke 17, when His disciples asked Him, "Where, Lord", about where those 1st ones are taken, He said wheresoever the 'carcase' is, there will the eagles be gathered together (Matthew 24:28 parallel to Luke 17:37.) That means friends, to wherever the Antichrist and his host are gathered, like symbolic fowls ready to feast on a dead carcase. Wow, and the false pre-trib rapture preachers are falsely teaching that means being 'saved' by Jesus when they LIE! They are hoping you don't read that too closely.

42 Watch therefore: for ye know not what hour your Lord doth come.

43 But know this,
that if the goodman of the house had known in what watch the thief would come, he would have watched, and would not have suffered his house to be broken up.

That above is where Lord Jesus pointed to His coming being like that "thief" breaking in.

44 Therefore be ye also ready: for in such an hour as ye think not the Son of man cometh.

45 Who then is a faithful and wise servant, whom his lord hath made ruler over his household, to give them meat in due season?
46 Blessed is that servant, whom his lord when he cometh shall find so doing.
47 Verily I say unto you, That he shall make him ruler over all his goods.
KJV

So which one do you think Lord Jesus was pointing to next there about being ready? He is pointing to His faithful and wise... servant found giving meat in due season to his household. That means a pastor revealing this Truth about waiting for Lord Jesus to come 'as a thief' and not be surprised, but found STILL IN THE FIELD WORKING FOR JESUS. In other words, those truly in Christ WANT to be left-behind, because the 1st one taken is to the devil and his fowls that will eat on their symbolic dead carcase. Graphic maybe, but that is what the Scriptures are showing, so I'm not making this up.

Apostle Paul covers this 'as a thief' idea from Jesus too...

1 Thess 5:1-7
5 But of the times and the seasons, brethren, ye have no need that I write unto you.
2 For yourselves know perfectly
that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night.

Where do you think Apostle Paul got that "as a thief" timing idea? From Lord Jesus of course. Paul attached the events of the "day of the Lord" to that day with Christ's coming "as a thief".

3 For when they shall say, "Peace and safety"; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape.

Did you know that "sudden destruction" event upon the deceived is set for the "day of the Lord", the last day of this present world? The very 'end' is supposed to be a time of world peace for the deceived. The coming Antichrist will give you everything if you agree to bow to him, pay off all your debts, chicken in every pot. It's ONLY those in Christ that will NOT be deceived and not bow, that the Antichrist will come after. So when the deceived majority of the world think that God has returned, and peace and prosperity for everyone has come, that is when God's destruction will come upon them.

That "sudden destruction" is "day of the Lord" timing, the LAST DAY of this present world.

4 But ye, brethren, are not in darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief.

Now in the last verse, Apostle Paul just said that day of the Lord will come as a thief. And now he says the coming of that day of the Lord is NOT to take Christ's faithful "as a thief"? No wonder Lord Jesus was warning His Church in Rev.16:15 just before the 7th Vial, that He comes "as a thief"!

5 Ye are all the children of light, and the children of the day: we are not of the night, nor of darkness.
6 Therefore let us not sleep, as do others; but let us watch and be sober.
7 For they that sleep sleep in the night; and they that be drunken are drunken in the night.
KJV

If you heed man's false pre-trib rapture theory, haven't you wondered why they have not taught you about those 1 Thessalonians 5:1-4 verses that set the time for that "day of the Lord" on the last day of this world? I know they like to teach instead that the "day of the Lord" means the great tribulation time, all out chaos, wars, etc., which is NOT what Paul was showing at all! Instead, when the wicked and deceived say, "Peace and safety", like they are happy, then God's "sudden destruction" will come upon them. And that destruction event is what ENDS the great tribulation, so it is stupid to try and say the tribulation is the 'day of the Lord'.

Didn't Apostle Peter also show us about that destruction on the "day of the Lord"? YEAH, he did!

2 Peter 3:10-12
10 But
the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.

There it is, Peter also declaring a sudden destruction upon the earth on that "day of the Lord" that will come "as a thief in the night". See Hebrews 12:25-29 about that 'consuming fire' from God on that day.

11 Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness,
12 Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat?
KJV

Now who in their right mind would say that "day of the Lord" is about "great tribulation" events when Peter, Paul, and even Lord Jesus, showed that "day of the Lord" will END the time of "great tribulation"?

Do you really think God's consuming fire isn't powerful enough to burn man's works off this earth like Peter says?

Furthermore, the idea Peter is showing is a CLEANSING OF THE EARTH'S SURFACE, like the previous floods did. It is not about a total destruction of the earth, because Bible prophecy for after Christ's future return still has much that happens upon this earth.

But MAKE NO MISTAKE, God's consuming fire WILL END THIS PRESENT WORLD TIME on the day of Christ's future coming, which will be the "day of the Lord".

Last edited:
Reactions: rockytopva

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
But MAKE NO MISTAKE, God's consuming fire WILL END THIS PRESENT WORLD TIME on the day of Christ's future coming, which will be the "day of the Lord".
To believe as you do, IS a mistake.
Revelation has a set sequence, first the Seals are opened then inside the scroll comes the 7 Trumpets and 7 Bowls, culminating with the Seventh Bowl , when Jesus Returns. Revelation 16:14-18
It will be the Sixth Seal which commences all the end time events.

When Jesus Returns, He only destroys the armies at Armageddon, but not by fire.
The fire comes at the Sixth seal, as many Prophesies tell us. Malachi 4:1, Isaiah 30:26-30. 2 Peter 3:7, +

Reactions: Eliyahoo

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Davy I am with you on that! Preparing our lives for that unknown day, as did Noah, is our testimony against them!

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To believe as you do, IS a mistake.
Revelation has a set sequence, first the Seals are opened then inside the scroll comes the 7 Trumpets and 7 Bowls, culminating with the Seventh Bowl , when Jesus Returns. Revelation 16:14-18
It will be the Sixth Seal which commences all the end time events.

When Jesus Returns, He only destroys the armies at Armageddon, but not by fire.
The fire comes at the Sixth seal, as many Prophesies tell us. Malachi 4:1, Isaiah 30:26-30. 2 Peter 3:7, +
No, the Seals of Revelation 6 flow in alignment with the 7 main Signs of the end Lord Jesus gave in His Olivet discourse (Matthew 24 and Mark 13). The 6th Seal shows the day of His coming and pouring out of His cup of wrath on the last day.

You have not understood the true order of the Seals, Trumpets, and Vials. They follow the 7 main Signs of the End that Jesus gave in His Olivet discourse (Matthew 24 and Mark 13). The 6th SEAL has TWO PARTS. In the first part it is pointing to the Rev.12:7-9 event of Satan and his host of angels being kicked out of Heaven down to this earth for the END. That is what the stars falling from Heaven down to earth as 'untimely figs' is about. An untimely fig means the 'winter fig' that grows in the winter and falls off in the spring. It's an EARLY fig, and thus symbolizes those who fall away to the false-Messiah that is to come first. The SECOND PART of the 6th SEAL shows the event of Jesus' coming and the pouring out of His cup of wrath, and the removing of the islands and mountains, and aligns with the events of the 7th Vial, and 7th Trumpet (Paul's "last trump")!

So I truly do not know where in the world you are getting your idea that God's consuming fire will happen 10 years prior to Christ's coming. You simply are not... staying aligned within God's written Word. I have already shown that Revelation 16 Scripture where Lord Jesus said He comes "as a thief", and was speaking to His Church still here on earth at that 6th Vial timing...

Rev 16:15-20
Behold, I come as a thief. Blessed is he that watcheth, and keepeth his garments, lest he walk naked, and they see his shame.

Jesus is saying that, "Behold, I come as a thief", within the 6th Vial timing. He is warning His Church that is STILL HERE ON EARTH AT THE 6TH VIAL to still be WATCHING. You do remember He commanded His servants to 'WATCH', don't you? The very next vile is the 7th final Vile which is when God's Wrath is poured out, and the islands flee away and the mountains are not found.

16 And He gathered them together into a place called in the Hebrew tongue Armageddon.

That is the event God said He would do per Zephaniah 3, for God even said He will return us to the one true tongue at that point...

Zeph 3:8-9
Therefore wait ye upon Me, saith the LORD, until the day that I rise up to the prey: for My determination is to gather the nations, that I may assemble the kingdoms, to pour upon them Mine indignation, even all My fierce anger: for all the earth shall be devoured with the fire of My jealousy.
9 For then will I turn to the people a pure language, that they may all call upon the name of the LORD, to serve Him with one consent.
KJV

That is going to happen when that battle of Armageddon happens ON that 7th Vial. That is what will END this present world with Lord Jesus' coming. That is the "day of the Lord" when Jesus comes to fight it, like Zechariah 14 and Revelation 19 shows.

Rev.16:17
And the seventh angel poured out his vial into the air; and there came a great voice out of the temple of heaven, from the throne, saying, "It is done."

18 And there were voices, and thunders, and lightnings; and there was a great earthquake, such as was not since men were upon the earth, so mighty an earthquake, and so great.

19 And the great city was divided into three parts, and the cities of the nations fell: and great Babylon came in remembrance before God, to give unto her the cup of the wine of the fierceness of his wrath.

And every island fled away, and the mountains were not found.
KJV

So where are you getting your mixed up ideas on that from, some private group or something?

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I pray that you understand.
You understand that we must be caught up in the air to meet the Lord Jesus before we can return with him to reign a thousand years?

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You understand that we must be caught up in the air to meet the Lord Jesus before we can return with him to reign a thousand years?
I understand that you believe in a Pre-trib Rapture theory, or that you used to. I do not.

Lord Jesus will return on the 'last day' of this world to gather His Church, after the tribulation like He said (Matthew 24:29-31 and Mark 13:24-27).

We, Christ's Church, will go through the coming "great tribulation". And that is what I pray that you come to understand as written.

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I understand that you believe in a Pre-trib Rapture theory, or that you used to. I do not.

Lord Jesus will return on the 'last day' of this world to gather His Church, after the tribulation like He said (Matthew 24:29-31 and Mark 13:24-27).

We, Christ's Church, will go through the coming "great tribulation". And that is what I pray that you come to understand as written.
So... Why am I not... As a moderator... Issuing reports?

But of the times and the seasons, brethren, ye have no need that I write unto you. For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night. For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape. - 1 Thessalonians 5:1.3

When they therefore were come together, they asked of him, saying, Lord, wilt thou at this time restore again the kingdom to Israel? And he said unto them, It is not for you to know the times or the seasons, which the Father hath put in his own power. But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth. - Acts 1:6-8

Simply because the times and the seasons come upon us as a thief in the night. We study... We attempt to understand... But in the end things come upon us at unawares. Therefore...

Behold, I come as a thief. Blessed is he that watcheth, and keepeth his garments, lest he walk naked, and they see his shame. - Revelation 16:15

It is the Lord's will for us to be ready at any time...

And every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself, even as he is pure. - 1 John 3:3

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
So where are you getting your mixed up ideas on that from, some private group or something?
My beliefs are what the prophetic Word says.
When people decide to shuffle the given sequence of the Seals, Trumpets and Bowls, THAT is mixed up!

Isn't it obvious to all that there must come some kind of dramatic event to commence the end times? Over 100 Prophesies tell us about it and how the Lord will send fire to destroy the attackers of Israel, Psalms 83, and set the scene for the rise of a One World Govt.
But we Christians will go to live in all of the holy Land, being God's witnesses and His Light to the nations. Our destiny and our great privilege.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So... Why am I not... As a moderator... Issuing reports?
That would be an abuse of authority.

But of the times and the seasons, brethren, ye have no need that I write unto you. For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night. For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape. - 1 Thessalonians 5:1.3
That event Apostle Paul was pulling from the OT prophets about the "day of the Lord". And it is about the 'deceived' who will be thinking, "Peace and safety" just prior to the "day of Lord" when that "sudden destruction" will come upon them. That is God's Wrath on the 7th Vial.

When they therefore were come together, they asked of him, saying, Lord, wilt thou at this time restore again the kingdom to Israel? And he said unto them, It is not for you to know the times or the seasons, which the Father hath put in his own power. But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth. - Acts 1:6-8
You just left the subject of the "day of the Lord" with that.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My beliefs are what the prophetic Word says.
When people decide to shuffle the given sequence of the Seals, Trumpets and Bowls, THAT is mixed up!
I've yet to see any Scripture evidence you've presented to prove your theory. The Old Testament prophecy and the New Testament prophecy both show the "day of the Lord" is the very LAST DAY of this present world, and is when God takes reign over the earth.

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hey @Keraz ... We are both condemned... That's a first!

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
I've yet to see any Scripture evidence you've presented to prove your theory. The Old Testament prophecy and the New Testament prophecy both show the "day of the Lord" is the very LAST DAY of this present world, and is when God takes reign over the earth.
Even the Sixth Seal shows that there will be human survivors after the Lord sends His fiery wrath. Taking cover, as Revelation 6:15 says people will, is sufficient for protection from the extreme heat and violent storms.
But it is the 3 Prophesies which describe the glorious Return, that destroy your idea of total wipeout then. Zechariah 14:4, Matthew 24:29-30, Revelation 19:11-21

According to your beliefs; God will take reign over a 'tohu and bohu' world. [void and formless} As per Genesis 1:2
That event Apostle Paul was pulling from the OT prophets about the "day of the Lord". And it is about the 'deceived' who will be thinking, "Peace and safety" just prior to the "day of Lord" when that "sudden destruction" will come upon them. That is God's Wrath on the 7th Vial.
Totally wackadoodle!
How can people be saying: Peace and safety, during the Great Tribulation? As the worlds armies gather at Armageddon? Rev 16:10-18
Obviously 1 Thessalonians 5:1-3, refers to the Sixth Seal worldwide disaster, the next Prophesied event.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Even the Sixth Seal shows that there will be human survivors after the Lord sends His fiery wrath. Taking cover, as Revelation 6:15 says people will, is sufficient for protection from the extreme heat and violent storms.
The coming fire from God on the "day of the Lord" will do several things:

1. destroy most of Satan's armies that come upon Jerusalem on the last day.

2. end this present world earth age, one with man in a flesh existence. We 'all'... instead will be changed to a spirit existence upon the earth. All peoples will be changed, the unsaved nations; including those leftovers of the nations that came up against Jerusalem written of in Zech.14.

3. end flesh death. The only type of death remaining when that "day of the Lord" (last day) comes will be the "second death", which is the casting of one's spirit with soul into the future "lake of fire" after Christ's 1,000 years reign over the unsaved nations.

But it is the 3 Prophesies which describe the glorious Return, that destroy your idea of total wipeout then. Zechariah 14:4, Matthew 24:29-30, Revelation 19:11-21
There's more Bible Scripture for what I'm saying than just those 3 examples you 'try' to use to support your theory, and I showed just some of them that disagree with you, which you FAILED TO ADDRESS.

So you definitely failed any debate trying to use those 3 above Scriptures to prove your point.

Your theory is what is 'whacked', just another doctrine of men. Makes me wonder what group you've been associating with.

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
The coming fire from God on the "day of the Lord" will do several things:

1. destroy most of Satan's armies that come upon Jerusalem on the last day.
That you are wrong is very evident. The armies at Armageddon are not killed by fire, Jesus uses the Sword of His Word and their corpses are not burned up, but become food for the carrion birds and animals.

The rest of your post is wrong too, other Prophesies that you think show fire when Jesus Returns, refer to events years before the glorious Return and you resort to personal accusations, losing all credibility.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Brethren in Christ:
Beware of Keraz and his false doctrine about sunspots burning the earth up. He thinks he is privy to a special event coming upon this earth that no one else knows about, so he doesn't want anyone stealing his vain glory. I have tried to reason with him in The Word of God, but he will not address the Scriptures.

The end of this present world, on the "day of the Lord" per our Heavenly Father and His Son, and per His prophets and Apostles, is well written of in HIS Word. There are many today that 'claim' to follow and keep His Word, but do not, and instead try to push their own word and the things of this fleshy world. So beware.

• Sad
Reactions: Keraz

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
People who fail to address scriptures I present, like Zechariah 14:4, Matthew 24:29-30, Revelation 19:11-21, that describe the glorious Return of Jesus; without any fire, simply have another agenda and are promoting false theories.

It will be at least 10 years BEFORE Jesus Returns, that He will send fire to destroy His enemies. mainly the attackers of Israel. Amos 1, Isaiah 66:15-17, Hebrews 10:27, +, the Sixth Seal world changer that some like to shuffle around, water down, or just ignore: to their discredit.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Zechariah 14:1-5 verses are easy... and one SHOULD NOT just hang at verse 4, which is to PURPOSEFULLY DECEIVE!

Zech 14:1-5
14 Behold,
the day of the LORD cometh, and thy spoil shall be divided in the midst of thee.

The "day of the Lord" is the TIMING HERE, as written.

2 For I will gather all nations against Jerusalem to battle; and the city shall be taken, and the houses rifled, and the women ravished; and half of the city shall go forth into captivity, and the residue of the people shall not be cut off from the city.

That is the same battle of Armageddon prophecy given in Rev.16 that is to happen on the final 7th Vial.

3 Then shall the LORD go forth, and fight against those nations, as when He fought in the day of battle.

Not only is The LORD pointing to this coming battle on the "day of the Lord", but He is comparing it to a ANOTHER PREVIOUS BATTLE that HE fought, but when? See what Paul taught in Hebrews 12:25-29.

4 And His feet shall stand in that day upon the mount of Olives, which is before Jerusalem on the east, and the mount of Olives shall cleave in the midst thereof toward the east and toward the west, and there shall be a very great valley; and half of the mountain shall remove toward the north, and half of it toward the south.
5 And ye shall flee to the valley of the mountains; for the valley of the mountains shall reach unto Azal: yea, ye shall flee, like as ye fled from before the earthquake in the days of Uzziah king of Judah:
and the LORD my God shall come, and all the saints with Thee.
KJV

That is SPECIFIC that Jesus WILL RETURN TO THE MOUNT OF OLIVES ON THAT DAY OF THE LORD. And He will bring His gathered Church there with Him, which is what that last statement in red shows. That Mount of Olives is where Lord Jesus ascended to Heaven from, per Acts 1. That is where He will return on the 'last day' of this world, which is that "day of the Lord" time.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Matthew 24:29-31 and Mark 13:24-27 are Scriptures where Lord Jesus showed the day of His return will be AFTER... the tribulation of those days.

Those two versions, one in Matthew 24 and the other in Mark 13, is what Apostle Paul followed in 1 Thessalonians 4 about Christ's coming and gathering of His Church.

In the Matthew 24:31 version, it is about Jesus gathering the 'asleep' saints from Heaven that He brings with Him per 1 Thessalonians 4:14-16.

In the Mark 13:27 version, it is about Jesus gathering the saints still alive on earth, those are "caught up" on that day by Jesus, as per 1 Thessalonians 4:17.

Then they ALL... with Jesus... go to the Mount of Olives east of Jerusalem!

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And Revelation 19:11- 21 is simply about that SAME DAY of Jesus' future return, and the slain enemies of Christ by Him and His army from Heaven. There is NO TIME LINK to the "day of the Lord" in those verses. The only way we know when it will happen PER THAT CHAPTER is how the first part of that Chapter reveals the Babylon Harlot is then destroyed.

So it is EASY to just throw out Bible Scripture and treat it like CANNON FODDER as if it proves one's point, when all doing that does is actually make one look SILLY and BIBLICALY IGNORANT.

So if one just throws out a bunch of Scripture to you, FORCE THEM TO PROVE WITH THE ACTUAL VERSE SUPPORT, otherwise they are just playing GAMES with God's Word!