Converging Powers 2

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Romans 8:35

35 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?

Did you know there is nothing that can separate you from Christ in you. When I was a law preacher in a law denomination we had any number of of answers, and of coarse scriptures to refute this verse.
If you are in a strict law church Paul will not be the main topic.
Paul preached the grace of God as a person, and that another life had come to live in you to be your only life, Gal. 2:20.
Well that never set right with me, my thinking was "you could not be separated from God as long as you didn't jump out of His hand."
If you read your bible everyday, prayed maybe an hour or two, and gave your money right.
Church attendance was paramount to salvation, dressing holy, acting holy, and judging everything and everyone to make sure they measured up. (God's little sheriff's)
The world couldn't be saved unless they met my criteria.

My point in all this is this verse fits the schoolhouse.
This is the believer going through this world as a training ground for their understanding.
It's not what you do that separates you at times from who we are.
It is the knowledge we have that separates us, in mind only, from the Christ in you.
The mind is an organ of expression, the only way I can see your spirit is when it comes through your mind and out through the body.
The body is just a container that contains spirit, and soul.
The spirit is completed by Christ in you, but the soul is in the continual process of renewal.
This is where the converging powers of Gal 4:1-2 begin to push us to learn the Christ in you. Most of us don't know the Christ in you person.

1 Now I say, That the heir, as long as he is a child, differeth nothing from a servant, though he be lord of all;

2 But is under tutors and governors until the time appointed of the father

The tutors and governors of this verse is the circumstances and situations that come to your life in this world.
Everything has the C and S gang attached to it. Does not matter if things are good or bad, they are at work instructing the believer to maturity.
Example: you could have all the money in the world, and still have troubles untold. That is the extreme but you understand money will not solve your problems.
This is a hard message to preach because of the prosperity that covers most of the world.
The thinking is, "I need money to live, Jesus gave me the ability to make money and I must be a blessing."
Money will make the world go round and it takes money but it is not the answer.
Seeing Christ as your life is the answer and the C and S will not stop until you do.
According to Gal. 4:1-2, there is a time appointed for you to see Christ as the life in you.
What is meant by that; it means you know there is no separation from the Christ in you and nothing else matters.
If I get rich or get my healing or things begin to work out, it does not matter.
The only thing that matters is knowing Christ in me and the two become one in thinking and action.

Phil. 3:7-8

7 But what things were gain to me, those I counted loss for Christ.

8 Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung, that I may win Christ,

That lines up with who you are, and nothing can separate you from Christ. The Father has placed us under Tutors and Governors for a reason.
Popular preaching is God is one big Santa Claus to give you what you need, everything else is of the devil. Don't be fooled into this kind of thinking, it is a child level and your Father is moving you on into mature sons not tossed to and fro.

Reactions: Dave L