Could Satan's sins be forgiven if he repents?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God is love, forgiving, and compassionate. Would he forgive Satan if he asks for forgiveness?
He would have to resurrect all those he caused to die in their sins because his only purpose is to kill, steal and destroy. So I believe he is carrying their sins as well...

Reactions: lforrest

Webers_Home

Apr 12, 2012
Oregon
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well; from what I gather, God's patience has its reasonable limits, i.e. it's
possible to push God too far and go past a point of no return wherein no
amount of sincere repentance will succeed.

Heb 12:15-17 . . See to it that no one comes short of the grace of God
. . . that there be no immoral or godless person like Esau, who sold his own
birthright for a single meal. For you know that even afterwards, when he
desired to inherit the blessing, he was rejected, for he found no place for
repentance, though he sought for it with tears.
_

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God is love, forgiving, and compassionate. Would he forgive Satan if he asks for forgiveness?

no. absolutely not. he has seen God and rejected God. same with blasphemy of the Holy Spirit, you reject God's Presence then expect the same because you can't be saved without the Presence of God.

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Satan is irredeemable. He will never be able to repent as his mind and heart a long time ago were abandoned to opposing Christ and everything the kingdom of God stands for, and he will be destroyed at the end in the midst of physically attempting to destroy the holy city and it's occupants.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Good question one I’m not quick to say yes or no that satan will never bow in submission to justification is by the work God, and not by the workings of satan. Job 26:12-14 He divideth the sea with his power, and by his understanding he smiteth through the proud. [13] By his spirit he hath garnished the heavens; his hand hath formed the crooked serpent. [14] Lo, these are parts of his ways: but how little a portion is heard of him? but the thunder of his power who can understand?

More questions: can that which is crooked be made straight?

Ecclesiastes 1:15 That which is crooked cannot be made straight: and that which is wanting cannot be numbered.

Or can that which is wanting be numbered?

Mark 15:28 And the scripture was fulfilled, which saith, And he was numbered with the transgressors.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well; from what I gather, God's patience has its reasonable limits, i.e. it's
possible to push God too far and go past a point of no return wherein no
amount of sincere repentance will succeed.

Heb 12:15-17 . . See to it that no one comes short of the grace of God
. . . that there be no immoral or godless person like Esau, who sold his own
birthright for a single meal. For you know that even afterwards, when he
desired to inherit the blessing, he was rejected, for he found no place for
repentance, though he sought for it with tears.
_

Hebrews 12:17-18 For ye know how that afterward, when he would have inherited the blessing, he was rejected: for he found no place of repentance, though he sought it carefully with tears. [18] For ye are not come unto the mount that might be touched, and that burned with fire, nor unto blackness, and darkness, and tempest,...

Hebrews 12:17-18 For ye know how that afterward, when he would have inherited the blessing, he was rejected: for he found no place of repentance, though he sought it carefully with tears.

Luke 2:48-50 And when they saw him, they were amazed: and his mother said unto him, Son, why hast thou thus dealt with us? behold, thy father and I have sought thee sorrowing. [49] And he said unto them, How is it that ye sought me? wist ye not that I must be about my Father's business? [50] And they understood not the saying which he spake unto them.

‘...for he found no place of repentance, though he sought it carefully with tears.’
Consider with ‘know you not that I must be about my Father's business? [50] And they understood not the saying which he spake unto them.’
No place found...John 14:2-4 In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. [3] And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also. [4] And whither I go ye know, and the way ye know.

...no place found...yet I go to prepare a place ...and if I go to prepare a place for you, I will come again that where I am, there you may be also. Hebrews 5:7 Who in the days of his flesh, when he had offered up prayers and supplications with strong crying and tears unto him that was able to save him from death, and was heard in that he feared;

How is it that ye sought me?

2 Corinthians 12:20-21 For I fear, lest, when I come, I shall not find you such as I would, and that I shall be found unto you such as ye would not: lest there be debates, envyings, wraths, strifes, backbitings, whisperings, swellings, tumults: [21] And lest, when I come again, my God will humble me among you, and that I shall bewail many which have sinned already, and have not repented of the uncleanness and fornication and lasciviousness which they have committed.

my God will humble me among you, and that I shall bewail many which have sinned already, and have not ...offered up prayers and supplications with strong crying and tears unto him that was able to save him from death, and was heard in that he feared;

Hebrews 12:17-18 For ye know how that afterward, when he would have inherited the blessing, he was rejected: for he found no place of repentance, though he sought it carefully with tears.

... John 14:3-7 And if I go and prepare a place for you, Psalm 69:9-13 For the zeal of thine house hath eaten me up; and the reproaches of them that reproached thee are fallen upon me. [10] When I wept, and chastened my soul with fasting, that was to my reproach. [11] I made sackcloth also my garment; and I became a proverb to them. [12] They that sit in the gate speak against me; and I was the song of the drunkards. [13] But as for me, my prayer is unto thee, O Lord, in an acceptable time: O God, in the multitude of thy mercy hear me, in the truth of thy salvation.

And if I go and prepare a place for you,
I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also. [4] And whither I go ye know, and the way ye know. [5] Thomas saith unto him, Lord, we know not whither thou goest; and how can we know the way? [6] Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. [7] If ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also: and from henceforth ye know him, and have seen him.

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Satan's fate is already written.

Revelation 20:10 (NKJV)
10 The devil, who deceived them, was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone where the beast and the false prophet are. And they will be tormented day and night forever and ever.