Could you do this?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

pompadour

Staff member
Oct 5, 2011
minnesota USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I would make an elevator that would be in side of the tower. there fixed it....

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Good grief...I don't even like being above the 6th floor in hotel, let alone climb up a ladder like that!!
I wonder if he gets paid danger money! Glad that it's his job and not mine!! LOL

pompadour

Staff member
Oct 5, 2011
minnesota USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think they get paid very well.... But I like the idea of a parachute. Even with an elevator...

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
mmm can't see anything but I'm guessing it's a bunch of workers hanging out on a building site...I'm not good at heights either but I'm getting better

pompadour

Staff member
Oct 5, 2011
minnesota USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Good thing you can't see the video then. they are on top of a transition tower, just a steel frame with the wind blowing through it.

pompadour

Staff member
Oct 5, 2011
minnesota USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
good thing you can't see the video then. two men climbing a transmission tower. just a steel frame with the wind blowing through it.

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
My brother and I tired to climb a tower similar to what you are describing but I was only 8 so I decided not to do it. He was 12/13 and he climbed only a quarter of the way, then thought better of it. The wind was too strong o_O

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
It kinda looks like this but it the ladder was made out of steel and going straight through the middle of the tower. I think it may have been a ranger, fire lookout tower.
2wm06rc.jpg

pompadour

Staff member
Oct 5, 2011
minnesota USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The one in the video was was about 10 times taller. a ladder, no steps like your photo.

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here's a video response to the first video. It shows how it's done with safety lines.

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Haha the 1st one wow that's crazy, i think I am fine though here on the ground though, I hope he has a parachute, imagine climbing down from that thing, that would be frightening, scary enough climbing up it. Not much space for your feet at the top. It's almost like google earth satellite view of the earth. :p

FrappeLover

Jul 10, 2017
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm afraid of heights so won't be catching me one. I get scared just crossing a simple bridge or going up a glass elevator!

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
And, I couldn't do this either!!! LOL

Reactions: Job

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And, I couldn't do this either!!! LOL

Here's a description of what's happening in the video.

On a single breath of air, Guillaume Néry explores the deepest pool in the world in Italy: Y40. The action is filmed on breath hold by his wife Julie Gautier.

The video is over 2 min. long. I wonder how long he stayed down there or if someone brought him an air tank. I would climb that tower before I did this. I can't stand being under water.

m

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Yep, I know the video is 2 mins long....but it was very obviously in slow motion for effect , not in real time. It would not be so scary to watch if it was in real time. ... They say that the pearl divers can hold their breath for that long though! So, maybe I am wrong.
Did you feel like it was slowed down?

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Did you feel like it was slowed down?

I don't believe it is. Go to 1:05 in the video. On the right you'll see air bubbles rising from the bottom. They seem to be moving at normal speed.

Reactions: Helen

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This looks like fun..................................to watch.