Country music.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Anybody else like Country music?

Reactions: Nancy

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I think the Gaither style is influenced by it, right? :)

My wife went to a Gaither concert quite a while ago.
I don't really know much about the Gaithers but from what I saw of them at a friends house I didn't like them very much. I like Garth Brooks and Charlie Lansborough. Did your wife enjoy the concert?

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I don't really know much about the Gaithers but from what I saw of them at a friends house I didn't like them very much. I like Garth Brooks and Charlie Lansborough. Did your wife enjoy the concert?
Yes; but it was a while ago.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I am intrigued - why dont you think they go together ?
When it comes to musical tastes, they can be very subjective. (Some Christians seem to think that only their preferred musical tastes are supposedly correct.) I do think for example that Disciple's 'Radical' (see my post header link) is very effective.

B

Butterfly

I like you...... Please don't make me say it.
(Well, maybe without any vocalization, it could be music.)

Lol - must admit Its not my favourite genre of music, but their is a large variety within country music- some of it is okay.
Isn't Carrie Underwood a country singer, I like some of her songs x
Xx

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Lol - must admit Its not my favourite genre of music, but their is a large variety within country music- some of it is okay.
Xx
Thanks for the reply; I'm not too familiar with Carrie U.

B

Butterfly

She won America's got talent, I believe. She us a Christian. She sang the theme songs to the narnia films - she does alot of christian country music songs , I think

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Xx
She was on the radio this afternoon on the Country Hits channel.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Sorry...… but I don't think the two words go together.
What genre do you go for? I have always been a Country fan but I like other types of music as well.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
She won America's got talent, I believe. She us a Christian. She sang the theme songs to the narnia films - she does alot of christian country music songs , I think
Didn't know that about her but I liked what she sang on Country Hits radio earlier today. Can't remember what it was as I hadn't heard it before having just discovered this channel.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
When it comes to musical tastes, they can be very subjective. (Some Christians seem to think that only their preferred musical tastes are supposedly correct.) I do think for example that Disciple's 'Radical' (see my post header link) is very effective.
I like all sorts of music from rock to classic but country has always been one of my favourite genres.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
@Pearl So do you have favorite country music bands? :)
Not really. I like most of the old singers but I'm not that into it that I'm very knowledgeable about it. I just like what I like. Always did like Glen Campbell and Johnny Cash both of whom became Christians. The new radio station I found plays modern Country. I just find the genre more relaxing than most others.