Courageous Heart

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The road ahead looked long and winding as Cindy walked down the path towards home. She put her hair up, and then picked up her books holding them tightly against her chest. "Lord, please don't let him be up." She prayed. The fall leaves colored the ground and she licked her lips tasting the crisp air. In Bible study, the youth leader talked about a passage in Matthew where Jesus commissioned his disciples. She read what she wrote in her journal that encouraged her.

“When people realize it is the living God you are presenting and not some idol that makes them feel good, they are going to turn on you, even people in your own family. There is a great irony here: proclaiming so much love, experiencing so much hate! But don’t quit. Don’t cave in. It is all well worth it in the end. It is not success you are after in such times but survival. Be survivors! Before you’ve run out of options, the Son of Man will have arrived. “Don’t be intimidated. Eventually everything is going to be out in the open, and everyone will know how things really are. So don’t hesitate to go public now. “Don’t be bluffed into silence by the threats of bullies. There’s nothing they can do to your soul, your core being. Save your fear for God, who holds your entire life—body and soul—in his hands.
Matthew 10:21‭-‬23‭, ‬26‭-‬28

She leaned against a tree outside her house and felt the familiar hurt that her father was not a Christian. In fact, he was a downright atheist since her mom passed away. She had yet to tell him she was going to youth group with her friends on Wednesday. She knew the Bible said not to fear, but the thought of her dad's reaction scared her. If everything was eventually going to be out in the open, she knew she couldn't hide being a Christian forever, but she was waiting for a time he was sober, which was rare.

Saying a prayer of courage, she walked into the house and sighed in relief. Her dad was passed out drunk on the couch. She got a blanket and covered him up then went upstairs to sleep.

To be continued....

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Yeh it was a great study." Cindy whispered into the phone.

"Why are you whispering?" Emma said.

"My dad is asleep and I don't want to wake him." Cindy told her. .

"Glad school is over. Mr. Hammond gives a quiz every Thursday and I can't stand it." She said.

"It's not too bad. I can tutor you if you want."

" and suffer more math after school hours? I don't think so. Next year is senior year and I have all my credits in. I'll be glad to say goodbye to it, and to school."

"I actually will be graduating early." Cindy said, sitting on the bed.

"Really? You got approved! That's amazing?"

"Yeh...and then Im getting out of here and going to Texas with my aunt. Go to Texas State."

"How does your dad feel about that?" Cindy didn't say anything for a moment. "It won't matter. I turn 18 next week and he can't stop me. He won't know until I am on the bus."

Just then the door slammed open.

"Is that what You think, girl, Mr. Mason yelled.

Cindy quickly hung up the phone.

"Who was that? A boy?"

"No, no. It was Emma."

He went over and grabbed her hair.

"You better not be lying to me. I know where you have been going on Wednesdays. They been putting these thoughts in your head about leaving?"

"Stop! You are hurting me." Cindy said. Mr. Mason threw her on the bed.

"Get your stuff together and get out if you think you can make it on your own."

"Gladly." Cindy sniffled angrily. She had saved every penny and two weeks wouldn't make a difference. She could stay at a friend's house until then.

Mr. Mason looked at his daughter like he was going to say something, but instead stumbled out and slammed the door. This was the extent of their conversations. With him gone, Cindy sobbed as she took her packed suitcases out of the closet. She would come back for her other things before she left for Texas. "God..." She didn't have any words to say.

don’t quit. Don’t cave in. It is all well worth it in the end. It is not success you are after in such times but survival. Be survivors!

Reactions: bukka