Covenants

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why do people limit God to two covenants in dealing with me?

The Bible sure does not.

So let's talk about covenants dealing with all of mankind in the context of dispensations or whatever you wish to call periods of history.
Dispensations.png
Let me add under grace at the Last Supper Christ gave the new covenant of his blood.

And when the church is raptured will be the new covenant to the houses of Judah and Israel which will have new law similar to Mosaic law but much better because it will be administrated under the physical Jesus Christ.

There are other covenants such as the Noahidic which promises to never destroy the earth again with water.

And some others that were given to specific people.

This is not about promoting dispensationalism. It is for discussing covenants.

My point here is we do not live under the new covenant talked about in Hebrews. That was addressed to Jews concerning the new covenant to the house of Judah and Israel. Not the blood covenant of Christ.

That is so falsely pushed to promote legalism, replacement theology and more.

Last edited:

Jun2u

Mar 6, 2014
Southern CA.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My point here is we do not live under the new covenant talked about in Hebrews. That was addressed to Jews concerning the new covenant to the house of Judah and Israel. Not the blood covenant of Christ.
THERE IS ONLY ONE COVENANT!! THE COVENANT OF GRACE.

In the Old Testament, the saints look to Jesus for salvation. In the New Testament, believers look back to Jesus for salvation!!

The word “covenant” means: “grace”, “will”, “testament”, “promise”, and “proverb”.

Genesis 6:8
“But Noah found grace in the eyes of the Lord.”

ONE COVENANT!!

To God Be The Glory

Reactions: Nancy

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is basically an OLD covenant and a NEW covenant. Hebrews 8:8-10 describes the NEW Covenant that applies not only to Jews but to Gentiles. Gentiles under the New Covenant bear the fruit of the Spirit and therefore the righteousness of the law is fulfilled in them. Galatians 5:22-23, Romans 8:4, Romans 5:5 w/ Romans 13:8-10, Galatians 5:14, 1 John 5:3, and 2 John 1:6.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

In the Old Testament, the saints look to Jesus for salvation. In the New Testament, believers look back to Jesus for salvation!!

The word “covenant” means: “grace”, “will”, “testament”, “promise”, and “proverb”.

Genesis 6:8
“But Noah found grace in the eyes of the Lord.”

ONE COVENANT!!

To God Be The Glory

Yes! When there is a change in Covenant, there is always a change in Priesthood...and Jesus is now and forever our High Priest.

Hebrews 4:14-16 New International Version (NIV)
Jesus the Great High Priest
14 "Therefore, since we have a great high priest Jesus the Son of God, let us hold firmly to the faith we profess. 15 For we do not have a high priest who is unable to empathize with our weaknesses, but we have one who has been tempted in every way, just as we are, yet he did not sin. 16 Let us then approach God’s throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need."

Reactions: Jun2u

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

To God Be The Glory
Strong's Number: 1242 Browse Lexicon
Original Word
Word Origin
diaqhvkh from (1303)
Transliterated Word TDNT Entry
Diatheke 2:106,157
Phonetic Spelling Parts of Speech
dee-ath-ay'-kay Noun Feminine
Definition
  1. a disposition, arrangement, of any sort, which one wishes to be valid, the last disposition which one makes of his earthly possessions after his death, a testament or will
  2. a compact, a covenant, a testament
    1. God's covenant with Noah, etc.

Jun2u

Mar 6, 2014
Southern CA.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
  • a disposition, arrangement, of any sort, which one wishes to be valid, the last disposition which one makes of his earthly possessions after his death, a testament or will
  • a compact, a covenant, a testament
    1. God's covenant with Noah, etc.
You've just validated what I've conveyed

Jun2u

Mar 6, 2014
Southern CA.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not proverb or grace.

You are correct of course. Proverb means parables and grace means favor. I apologize. This stems from not careful full-proofing what one writes.

However, I still stand on my belief that there is only one covenant which you have not responded to.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
That is completely false. There is not a single Scripture that makes this statement, or even suggests it. And the term for the New Covenant is "the New Covenant". Not "the covenant of grace".

There are at least six covenants in Scripture (and all were covenants of grace or under grace):

1. The Noahic Covenant

2. The Abrahamic Covenant

3. The Old Covenant (the Law of Moses)

4. God's Covenant with Israel

5. The Davidic Covenant

6. The New Covenant (or New Testament)
This too is COMPLETELY FALSE. What you call "the blood covenant of Christ" He called "the New Testament (Covenant) in my blood". The New Covenant went into effect the day Christ died on the cross (having shed His blood for our redemption), and Christians are indeed under the New Covenant.

How in the world do Christians come up with such bizarre ideas?

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is completely false. There is not a single Scripture that makes this statement, or even suggests it. And the term for the New Covenant is "the New Covenant". Not "the covenant of grace".

There are at least six covenants in Scripture (and all were covenants of grace or under grace):

1. The Noahic Covenant

2. The Abrahamic Covenant

3. The Old Covenant (the Law of Moses)

4. God's Covenant with Israel

5. The Davidic Covenant

6. The New Covenant (or New Testament)

This too is COMPLETELY FALSE. What you call "the blood covenant of Christ" He called "the New Testament (Covenant) in my blood". The New Covenant went into effect the day Christ died on the cross (having shed His blood for our redemption), and Christians are indeed under the New Covenant.

I read the Bible.

The new covenant of Jeremiah and Hebrews is to the houses of Israel and Judah. Which are you?

They are never called the new blood covenant as Jesus called his at the Last Supper.

Why don't you read everything instead of what you want to see.

The Old Testament is not the Mosaic covenant. But a record of God's work before the cross.

The Gospels should actually be separate from either Testament. They are transition.

The New Testament is the record about the apostles.

They are all scriptures but mislabeled.

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Looks like you didn't read what I said in first post. I acknowledge there were more covenants.

I read the Bible.

The new covenant of Jeremiah and Hebrews is to the houses of Israel and Judah. Which are you?

They are never called the new blood covenant as Jesus called his at the Last Supper.

Why don't you read everything instead of what you want to see?

The Old Testament is not the Mosaic covenant. But a record of God's work before the cross.

The Gospels should actually be separate from either Testament. They are transition about the ministry of Jesus Christ..

The New Testament is the record about the apostles.

They are all scriptures but mislabeled.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The New Covenant was certainly for Israel. But believing Israel was the good olive tree of the Church, and all the Gentiles grafted into that olive tree are also under the New Covenant. It is not something future only, but it is a present reality. The New Covenant includes the gift of the Holy Spirit and the New Birth. It is all about the finished work of Christ, and ratified by His shed blood.
Likewise also the cup after supper, saying, This cup is the new testament [Gk diatheke = covenant or testament] in my blood, which is shed for you. (Luke 22:20)

If the New Covenant/Testament did not go into force at the time that Christ said "IT IS FINISHED" we would not have the epistle to the Hebrews giving us the full details. So kindly study this book and grasp the reality of the New Testament.

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The New Covenant was certainly for Israel. But believing Israel was the good olive tree of the Church, and all the Gentiles grafted into that olive tree are also under the New Covenant. It is not something future only, but it is a present reality. The New Covenant includes the gift of the Holy Spirit and the New Birth. It is all about the finished work of Christ, and ratified by His shed blood.

Likewise also the cup after supper, saying, This cup is the new testament [Gk diatheke = covenant or testament] in my blood, which is shed for you. (Luke 22:20)

If the New Covenant/Testament did not go into force at the time that Christ said "IT IS FINISHED" we would not have the epistle to the Hebrews giving us the full details. So kindly study this book and grasp the reality of the New Testament.
The blood covenant is for Jew and Gentile alike. The new covenant to the houses of Judah and Israel is only to Israel.

The blood covenant is now and the one to the houses of Judah and Israel begins after the rapture.

Jun2u

Mar 6, 2014
Southern CA.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

There are at least six covenants in Scripture (and all were covenants of grace or under grace)
You have a bad habit of not knowing how to define words!! I know because in the past we had discussions on the terms: “one thousand years” and “foreknowledge”.

Now it is the word “covenant” that you lack understanding. Can you see the logic of your wisdom? You gave six examples of the different covenants, yet you admit it isthe covenant of grace”, in which I have contended all along. Can’t you see what you have just said is a contradiction in terms?!?!

That’s how I wonder about you. Practice what you preach!! Go figure.

To God Be The Glory

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If the new blood covenant is the new covenant to the houses of Judah and Israel why are Gentiles never mentioned in Jeremiah or Hebrews?