• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I remember one occasion when I'd been feeling a bit worthless and unworthy and unloved and then while I was sitting quietly and sewing my patchwork God reminded me of the Garden of Eden.

Adam and Eve had a great relationship with God until they sinned and then they realised their nakedness before God and they made garments from fig leaves to cover themselves. But when God saw them he made garments of skin to cover their nakedness.

I also was naked before God because of my sin but the covering he gave me to hide my nakedness was his own son, Jesus. And because I am covered by Jesus, God can no longer see my sin and shame.

He knows all there is to know about me; the good, the bad and the ugly; the fears, flaws and foibles; the weaknesses as well as my strengths and he loves me. So if God loves me that much, I can't be worthless or unworthy.

Last edited:

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I remember one occasion when I'd been feeling a bit worthless and unworthy and unloved and then while I was sitting quietly and sewing my patchwork God reminded me of the Garden of Eden.

Adam and Eve had a great relationship with God until they sinned and then they realised their nakedness before

God and they made garments from fig leaves to cover themselves. But when God saw them he made garments of skin to cover their nakedness.

I also was naked before God because of my sin but the covering he gave me to hide my nakedness was his own son, Jesus. And because I am covered by Jesus, God can no longer see my sin and shame.

He knows all there is to know about me; the good, the bad and the ugly; the fears, flaws and foibles; the weaknesses as well as my strengths and he loves me. So if God loves me that much, I can't be worthless or unworthy.
Great meditation!

Ezekiel 16.10-14 has some rather similar thoughts.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
It has to be God doing the covering.
And that is illustrated in Scripture.

ZECHARIAH 3
3 Now Joshua was clothed with filthy garments, and stood before the angel [of the LORD].*

4 And he
[the angel of the LORD] answered and spake unto those that stood before him [Joshua] , saying, Take away the filthy garments from him [Joshua]. And unto him [Joshua] he said, Behold, I have caused thine iniquity to pass from thee, and I will clothe thee with change of raiment. [the garments of salvation and the robe of Christ's righteousness]

5And I
[Zechariah] said, Let them set a fair mitre [crown] upon his head. So they set a fair mitre [crown] upon his head, and clothed him with garments. And the angel of the LORD stood by.*

*"The angel of the LORD [YHWH]" is none other than the pre-incarnate Christ. This passage illustrates what God does supernaturally by His grace when He saves a soul. The crown represents the fact that God makes His children kings and priests within the Royal Priesthood of Christ.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Thank you marks.
*"The angel of the LORD [YHWH]" is none other than the pre-incarnate Christ. This passage illustrates what God does supernaturally by His grace when He saves a soul. The crown represents the fact that God makes His children kings and priests within the Royal Priesthood of Christ.
Amen. Wonderful stuff.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sometimes theologians speak of theophanies, that is, manifestations of the Second Person of the Trinity before the Incarnation.

I've come to think of Him as the Messenger of YHWH, God Who comes to man, then born and named Jesus.

Much love!

Reactions: Pearl

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Sometimes theologians speak of theophanies, that is, manifestations of the Second Person of the Trinity before the Incarnation.
Like the time he appeared to Abraham.

marksman

My eldest granddaughter showing the result of her
Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

Adam and Eve had a great relationship with God until they sinned and then they realised their nakedness before God and they made garments from fig leaves to cover themselves. But when God saw them he made garments of skin to cover their nakedness.

One of the biggest sins of the church is that you can't be loved by God because you are not perfect. That is an utter lie. The word says that whilst we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

Which means whilst we were not perfect, Christ died for us.

Another scripture says we are acceptable in the beloved. It does not say we are acceptable in the beloved if we are perfect.

One day when I was praying about abortion, God took me into heaven to meet him. We hugged each other and I noticed he was crying so I asked him why. He said it was because he had been waiting for this for a long time.

When I came back down to earth I realised that he was crazy about me. Since that day whenever satan has accused me about my imperfections, I say words to the effect "Sorry mate, God is crazy about me."

So, whether you are good, bad or indifferent, Good is crazy about you and don't you forget it.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
One of the biggest sins of the church is that you can't be loved by God because you are not perfect. That is an utter lie. The word says that whilst we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

Another scripture says we are acceptable in the beloved. It does not say we are acceptable in the beloved if we are perfect.

One day when I was praying about abortion, God took me into heaven to meet him. We hugged each other and I noticed he was crying so I asked him why. He said it was because he had been waiting for this for a long time.

When I came back down to earth I realised that he was crazy about me. Since that day whenever satan has accused me about my imperfections, I say words to the effect "Sorry mate, God is crazy about me."

So, whether you are good, bad or indifferent, Good is crazy about you and don't you forget it.
That must have been a wonderful experience, you were so blessed to experience it. I had a similar one in which I felt God put his arms around me and hug me tight and call me his little Pat. Some people are missing out on such a lot of lovely things.

D

Dave L

Think about this for a minute. Jesus is God so he clothes us with God's very own infinite righteousness which is worthy of all God is worthy of forever.

Reactions: Nancy

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
God took me into heaven to meet him. We hugged each other and I noticed he was crying so I asked him why. He said it was because he had been waiting for this for a long time.

i had a similar experience once while we were driving past fields of new lambs and i said 'I would love to cuddle a lamb' and in the next instant I felt God cuddle me and say. 'Ah my little Pat.' it was wonderful.

Reactions: Lambano

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I've been feeling this way too, God reminded me that he loves me so I feel better. He is kind.

Reactions: Lambano and Pearl

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I had my sins forgiven once and what happened next was Satan constantly reminding me of those sins. I think he was jealous or something.

Reactions: marksman and Pearl

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Think about this for a minute. Jesus is God so he clothes us with God's very own infinite righteousness which is worthy of all God is worthy of forever.

Exactly, that's what the thread is about.