Crazy......the left would do ANYTHING....

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Triumph1300

Jan 11, 2018
Northern British Columbia, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi and a number of other Democrats plan to fill the House gallery with illegal aliens when President Trump delivers his first State of the Union address.

ABC News reports at least 24 House Democrats plan to bring illegals — the so-called “Dreamers” — to watch the Tuesday night speech from the House gallery.

The illegal aliens will be sitting in seats that in previous years were meant for brave military heroes, law-abiding taxpayers and America’s best and brightest.

The sad truth is that Democrats would rather align themselves with foreign invaders who violated our national sovereignty, thumbed their nose at the rule of law, and pillaged and plundered taxpayer-funded resources.

junobet

May 20, 2016
Germany
House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi and a number of other Democrats plan to fill the House gallery with illegal aliens when President Trump delivers his first State of the Union address.

ABC News reports at least 24 House Democrats plan to bring illegals — the so-called “Dreamers” — to watch the Tuesday night speech from the House gallery.

The illegal aliens will be sitting in seats that in previous years were meant for brave military heroes, law-abiding taxpayers and America’s best and brightest.

The sad truth is that Democrats would rather align themselves with foreign invaders who violated our national sovereignty, thumbed their nose at the rule of law, and pillaged and plundered taxpayer-funded resources.
The sad truth is, that many of these dreamers, who've come to the US as children, are brave military heroes, law-abiding tax-payers and America's best and brightest, and yet they are treated like dirt by Trump and his followership.

Reactions: aspen

Triumph1300

Jan 11, 2018
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
This is why our borders should be watched:

(Worthy News) - The Islamic State issued a new video today calling on "brothers in Europe, America, Russia, Australia and elsewhere" to "kill them all" as "it is now time to rise."

The English-language nasheed, inspirational songs frequently released by terror groups, shows scenes of Western terrorists' handiwork -- including the March 2017 Westminster Bridge attack and the ISIS pledge video recorded by Berlin Christmas market terrorist Anis Amri -- mingled with ISIS battlefield scenes and beheadings in Syria.

The video from ISIS' official Al-Hayat Media Center was distributed widely on YouTube and social media platforms Twitter and Facebook, along with being posted on file-sharing sites.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But in spite of the supposedly good arguments which some might bring to bear against those here now illegally, were not many us or our forefathers illegal in our actions according to man's law when we were a colony or colonies of England? How is it now different or better? Because we are the current residents who hold the power? What would we be likely to hear from knowledgeable native Americans [Indians] in this regard or from those brought here by force as slaves?

What is our "Christian" duty? Before anyone answers that too quickly hadn't they better know just what it means to be a Christian and what our duty as such a person really is according to God?

What about our obedience to these words?

"But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you." Matt 6:33

Is the U.S. of A. equal to the kingdom of God? Are even the best of those seemingly holding the strings of power in our nation working close to the righteousness of God?

If we as individuals are really striving to put first things first [His kingdom and His righteousness] will not God be adding whatever He knows is needed? Do we know what is needed for these United States, or we simply know what we want? How closely do our wants correspond to what God would consider our needs?

Reactions: junobet

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
It was referring to illegals, not brave military heroes and law-abiding tax-payers.
This seems to be the standard reaction from the left. They know better than you, that you're actually opposed to all immigrants, instead of just illegals.

Never have I heard a liberal consider the side of legal immigrants, who have spent tens of thousands in lawyer fees just to guide them through the long painful process of becoming a citizen or permanent resident. Its not fair for someone to slip across the border illegally and be able to claim equal status.

But that is just another case where liberals value equality over fairness.

Reactions: Triumph1300

Triumph1300

Jan 11, 2018
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
But in spite of the supposedly good arguments which some might bring to bear against those here now illegally, were not many us or our forefathers illegal in our actions according to man's law when we were a colony or colonies of England?
That's all old news. Stop dwelling on the past to find excuses for illegals.

junobet

May 20, 2016
Germany
This seems to be the standard reaction from the left. They know better than you, that you're actually opposed to all immigrants, instead of just illegals.

Never have I heard a liberal consider the side of legal immigrants, who have spent tens of thousands in lawyer fees just to guide them through the long painful process of becoming a citizen or permanent resident. Its not fair for someone to slip across the border illegally and be able to claim equal status.

But that is just another case where liberals value equality over fairness.
Triumph 1300 was explicitly talking about "the so-called “Dreamers”, i.e. people who've been brought to the US as children and know nothing but the US as home.

junobet

May 20, 2016
Germany
It was referring to illegals, not brave military heroes and law-abiding tax-payers.
Praise the Lord!

I was just about to have my petty European prejudices about American conservative Evangelicals confirmed by you. But then I went on a google search for the information you either miss or willingly ignore. Not only did I find this link which shows that “a total of 1.3 million young undocumented immigrants who are enrolled or eligible for DACA contribute $2 billion a year in taxes”, whilst not being eligible for any of the benefits their tax money pays for (How Much Do Dreamers Pay In Taxes? DACA Recipients Contribute Just Like Everyone Else) and this link, which tells you about the uncertainty the about 900 Dreamers serving in the army face right now (Trump administration struggles with fate of 900 DREAMers serving in the military), I also found this:

https://www.christianitytoday.com/n...-evangelicals-nancy-pelosi-nhclc-meeting.html

All hope is not lost. There’s still conservative Evangelicals around whose Christian conscience isn’t entirely corrupted by a political agenda full of lies, hate and lack of compassion.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's all old news. Stop dwelling on the past to find excuses for illegals.
Old perhaps, but nonetheless true.
I am not looking for excuses for anyone. I am hoping to direct believers toward God. Illegals are the least of our worries.

Let us get our priorities for God straight. It is to be His kingdom and His righteousness first. If we put our nation first, or illegals first, or anything else first in front of God, then our rewards will be according to where our greatest faith is.

"... According to your faith be it unto you." Matt 9:29

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But in spite of the supposedly good arguments which some might bring to bear against those here now illegally, were not many us or our forefathers illegal in our actions according to man's law when we were a colony or colonies of England? How is it now different or better? Because we are the current residents who hold the power? What would we be likely to hear from knowledgeable native Americans [Indians] in this regard or from those brought here by force as slaves?

Your comparison fails. When we were a colony of England, we were not illegal immigrants. When we rebelled against England then we were 'rebels' according to England.

Yes, because we are the current residents who hold the power, then we dictate who are legal and illegal residents.

Who cares what the Indians or slaves will say. They lost.

The bottom line is it is all about who is willing to fight for it. If you don't fight for it, you lose. And if you hold to the all love and peace for everyone belief, and do nothing, then you contribute to the end result.

Stranger

Reactions: Triumph1300

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your comparison fails. When we were a colony of England, we were not illegal immigrants. When we rebelled against England then we were 'rebels' according to England.
Actually we would have been traitors in their eyes, guilty of treason.

Yes, because we are the current residents who hold the power, then we dictate who are legal and illegal residents.

From the standpoint of God, who should care what any man says who is not on God's side? That includes me and it includes you.

The bottom line is it is all about who is willing to fight for it. If you don't fight for it, you lose. And if you hold to the all love and peace for everyone belief, and do nothing, then you contribute to the end result.

Stranger
I understand where you stand on this friend, but it is not where I stand. I do fight the good fight of faith according to what God has shown me to be God's will. My stand is not to be for Indians or for former slaves or for current immigrants [legal or not], but for God. First things first still must be the Way that it is, even if what God shows me to be first is not in accord with your vision. According to what I see it is to be His face:

Now it is that we may still be seeing through a glass darkly but aiming toward the face to face not according to our perceptions but according to what God will show us and speak to our hearts... if we are hearing the Lord's voice:

"And when he putteth forth his own sheep, he goeth before them, and the sheep follow him: for they know his voice.
And a stranger will they not follow, but will flee from him: for they know not the voice of strangers." John 10:4-5

What are sheep? Who are sheep? Perhaps the ones who simply lay down their lives for others... as Jesus did.

"Therefore doth my Father love me, because I lay down my life, that I might take it again.
No man taketh it from me, but I lay it down of myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This commandment have I received of my Father." John 10:17-18

"The next day John seeth Jesus coming unto him, and saith, Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world." John 1:29

You may not care but Jesus most certainly did. Are we not to become like Him?

Reactions: Pisteuo

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
<snip>
:) Too true John...being British I just can't pass up this opportunity to agree here. :D :D

Reactions: amadeus

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

From the standpoint of God, who should care what any man says who is not on God's side? That includes me and it includes you.

I understand where you stand on this friend, but it is not where I stand. I do fight the good fight of faith according to what God has shown me to be God's will. My stand is not to be for Indians or for former slaves or for current immigrants [legal or not], but for God. First things first still must be the Way that it is, even if what God shows me to be first is not in accord with your vision. According to what I see it is to be His face:

Now it is that we may still be seeing through a glass darkly but aiming toward the face to face not according to our perceptions but according to what God will show us and speak to our hearts... if we are hearing the Lord's voice:

"And when he putteth forth his own sheep, he goeth before them, and the sheep follow him: for they know his voice.
And a stranger will they not follow, but will flee from him: for they know not the voice of strangers." John 10:4-5

What are sheep? Who are sheep? Perhaps the ones who simply lay down their lives for others... as Jesus did.

"Therefore doth my Father love me, because I lay down my life, that I might take it again.
No man taketh it from me, but I lay it down of myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This commandment have I received of my Father." John 10:17-18

"The next day John seeth Jesus coming unto him, and saith, Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world." John 1:29

You may not care but Jesus most certainly did. Are we not to become like Him?

Traitors or rebels, yes. The point was we were not illegal immigrants to the English. Which is where your comparison failed.

You want to use the Indians and slaves as if their opinion is some sort of proof against us who are against illegal immigration. When I respond you move back to a 'christian spirituality' tone saying we should not be concerned with anyone not on God's side.

I have never indicated the believer is not to have God first. You however are indicating that for a believer to have a political viewpoint is not to put God first. Or in this particular case, you are saying a believer who has a viewpoint against illegal immigrants is not putting God first.

You give several verses, all good, that supposedly speak against what I have said. I don't disagree with these verses. These verses do not indicate I am not to have an opinion about illegal immigration. Nor do they indicate my opinion is wrong.

My opinion is this. You and others like you, being those who simply see God and nothing else, have a political opinion whether you admit it or not. And when you're opposed to another political opinion of a believer, you use God or the believers relationship to God to counter that believers opinion. In other words...'those who are against illegal immigration just can't be putting God or Christ first in their lives. If they were really Godly they would love them all and have no opinion on immigration.'

Foolish.

Stranger

Last edited:

junobet

May 20, 2016
Germany
Illegals are still illegals are still illegals, which means not according to the law.
I don't care how you twist it.
Apparently you don’t care about facts and the commandment not to bear false witness against thy neighbour, nor do you care about compassion for “the least of those”.

junobet

May 20, 2016
Germany

Stranger
*irony on* spoken in the true spirit of Christ. We all know He preached social darwinism. *irony off*

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
*irony on* spoken in the true spirit of Christ. We all know He preached social darwinism. *irony off*

Neither did He preach social pacifism. Read my last paragraph in post #17. Though to amadeus, I had you in mind also.

Stranger

Reactions: Helen