Creation Science Seminar

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you wonder about how to explain the fossils, and dinosaurs? Cave men? The Ice Age? How do all these relate to a Bible that seems to indicate an earth that is only about 6,000 years old? What about the "millions and millions of years"?

Watch as Kent Hovind shows how the geology and history of the earth confirm, and not contradict, God's Word, the Bible.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL6-cVj-ZRivqKeqAklhYfFFmmAdvwcnCT

Much love!

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you wonder about how to explain the fossils, and dinosaurs? Cave men? The Ice Age? How do all these relate to a Bible that seems to indicate an earth that is only about 6,000 years old? What about the "millions and millions of years"?

Watch as Kent Hovind shows how the geology and history of the earth confirm, and not contradict, God's Word, the Bible.

Much love!
I might like to watch that sometime...but which does he believe is true: Is the earth young or old?

Reactions: Blue Dragonfly's

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I might like to watch that sometime...but which does he believe is true: Is the earth young or old?
Young.

And that the evidences pointed to for an "old earth" are primarily the results of the flood.

Much love!

Reactions: ChristisGod

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Young.

And that the evidences pointed to for an "old earth" are primarily the results of the flood.

Much love!
That sounds like a version of what I have heard before, and makes sense. Thanks for posting it!

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Much love!

I enjoy Hovind and appreciate him, -that doesn't mean he hits all the right notes.

I get stuck on the idea that the idea that 'the Bible' seems to indicate an earth that is only about 6000 years old. I don't think it does. Maybe you are referring to this present age? --and dismissing the possibility of there having been different cycles or seasons of civilizations before our present story (history) as it has related to us by Moses. Moses tells the story as he knows it. As it was taught to him and he tells it to us in Genesis not as a chronological, play by play unfolding, but as a story. As a song. As imagery and prose. It's only literalists that make no room for this.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
--and dismissing the possibility of there having been different cycles or seasons of civilizations before our present story (history) as it has related to us by Moses.
You mean like civilizations prior to the Garden, and Adam and Eve?

I don't "dismiss the possibility", but I find zero evidence in the Bible, and I find the idea refuted as well in various ways.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
literalists
What are those? It sounds like a pejorative the way you use it here. But would this really mean "those who take literally things that you don't", or do you really mean "those who take things literally" in the general sense? The reason I ask it that it seems to me there are things in the Bible which you take literally. Is that so?

Much love!

BeyondET

Jul 9, 2022
Hampton Roads
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Much love!
The bible doesn't say the earth is 6000 years, nor does it say to count anything. people started adding things up and saying it is 6000 years it's simply a assumption.

Last edited:

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The bible doesn't say the earth is 6000 years, nor does it say to count anything. people started adding things up and saying it is 6000 years it's simply a assumption.
Given that the Bible tells us this information, maybe the assumption being made is that it's not accurate.

Much love!

Reactions: BeyondET

BeyondET

Jul 9, 2022
Hampton Roads
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Given that the Bible tells us this information, maybe the assumption being made is that it's not accurate.

Much love!
It is accurate as to the age of the people mentioned but that surely doesn't say that's how old the earth is just how long the people lived

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is accurate as to the age of the people mentioned but that surely doesn't say that's how old the earth is just how long the people lived
It tells you how long people lived, and begins with the first man, and when he was formed from the dust and made alive.

Some people assert a prior creation, and therefore an older age of the earth. Some assert that the days of creation are epochs, and give an older age. Some assert a gap between Genesis 1:1 and Genesis 1:2, and give an older age.

Exodus 20 tells us that in 6 days God created heaven and earth and everything in them, and I accept that as true. He says that on that sixth day He formed Adam, and again, I accept that as true.

Personally, I see no reason to think otherwise.

Much love!

Reactions: BeyondET

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe the Bible was inspired by God, not just that men wrote what they thought.

Much love!

Sure. What do you think "inspired by God" means? What is the "in" part, and what is the "spired" part?

Give it consideration.

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What are those? It sounds like a pejorative the way you use it here. But would this really mean "those who take literally things that you don't", or do you really mean "those who take things literally" in the general sense? The reason I ask it that it seems to me there are things in the Bible which you take literally. Is that so?

Much love!

I certainly don't mean it in a pejorative way. Neither do I agree with those who think that 'everything' should be taken in a literal sense whether we are talking about scripture or the idea that it's raining cats and dogs.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sure. What do you think "inspired by God" means? What is the "in" part, and what is the "spired" part?

Give it consideration.
To me, inspired Scripture is well described in Peter's words.

They didn't write their own ideas, rather, they wrote as the Holy Spirit carried them. Like that.

Another passage uses the words, "God breathed". Scripture is God-breathed.

Or more simply stated, "And the LORD God said . . .", this and similar expressions use a great many times.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I certainly don't mean it in a pejorative way. Neither do I agree with those who think that 'everything' should be taken in a literal sense whether we are talking about scripture or the idea that it's raining cats and dogs.
Is that what you meant, someone who takes "everything" literally? The one who would say God has feathers, since we hide "under His wings"? I've heard that before.

Much love!

BeyondET

Jul 9, 2022
Hampton Roads
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It tells you how long people lived, and begins with the first man, and when he was formed from the dust and made alive.

Some people assert a prior creation, and therefore an older age of the earth. Some assert that the days of creation are epochs, and give an older age. Some assert a gap between Genesis 1:1 and Genesis 1:2, and give an older age.

Exodus 20 tells us that in 6 days God created heaven and earth and everything in them, and I accept that as true. He says that on that sixth day He formed Adam, and again, I accept that as true.

Personally, I see no reason to think otherwise.

Much love!
True but a day on the galactic scale is longer than a day on earth which resides in the galaxy. there was no sun for a couple of days how can anyone confirm a day in creation is equal to a 24 hour day. And yom can mean a multitude lengths of time.

Last edited:

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Much love!

Let me offer an idea.

Moses tells us (as recorded in scripture) that in the beginning, the earth was formless and void.

The earth was formless and void, and darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was moving over the surface of the waters.

-in the beginning (of this episode)
-He's telling a story. It's imagery that he is relating to us, not something that he was witness to. Do you see that? It's the equivalent of the modern- 'Once upon a time' which doesn't have to refer to a fairy tale, but simply--- earlier.

Isaiah says--

For this is what the LORD says— he who created the heavens, he is God; he who fashioned and made the earth, he founded it; he did not create it to be empty, but formed it to be inhabited.

Jeremiah tells us--

I looked on the earth, and behold, it was formless and void;
And to the heavens, and they had no light.
I looked on the mountains, and behold, they were quaking,
And all the hills moved to and fro.
I looked, and behold, there was no man,
And all the birds of the heavens had fled.
I looked, and behold, the fruitful land was a wilderness,
And all its cities were pulled down
Before the LORD, before His fierce anger.

Yet, in the beginning of Moses' telling the earth is formless and void. That's not how it was created. But wups! In Jeremiah, there it is-- formless and void again, AFTER the heavens went dark, the mountains quaked, the hills moved.... there was no man. Is he talking about that time that Moses was talking about? Obviously not, because he goes on to tell us that all this happened as a result of God's fierce anger and the cities were pulled down.

Could that have happened before Moses begins his story? Of course it could. Could it have happened more than once? Of course.

We are promised that it will. There will be a destruction and a renewal. What we refer to as a promised new heaven and a new earth.

And we were also promised that there will always be a remnant to begin again. We are promised that life will never again be completely wiped out by a flood as it once was. (Gen 9). Furthermore- God promised also to never again curse the earth on account of man...

The LORD smelled the soothing aroma; and the LORD said to Himself, “I will never again curse the ground on account of man, for the intent of man’s heart is evil from his youth; and I will never again destroy every living thing, as I have done.
“While the earth remains,
Seedtime and harvest,
And cold and heat,
And summer and winter,
And day and night
Shall not cease.”

And this>>> I guess one either believes the scriptures, or they don't.

A generation goes and a generation comes,
But the earth remains forever.
Also, the sun rises and the sun sets;
And hastening to its place it rises there again.
Blowing toward the south,
Then turning toward the north,
The wind continues swirling along;
And on its circular courses the wind returns.
All the rivers flow into the sea,
Yet the sea is not full.
To the place where the rivers flow,
There they flow again.
All things are wearisome;
Man is not able to tell it.
The eye is not satisfied with seeing,
Nor is the ear filled with hearing.
That which has been is that which will be,
And that which has been done is that which will be done.
So there is nothing new under the sun.
Is there anything of which one might say,
“See this, it is new”?
Already it has existed for ages
Which were before us.
There is no remembrance of earlier things;
And also of the later things which will occur,
There will be for them no remembrance
Among those who will come later still.

Reactions: L.A.M.B.

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To me, inspired Scripture is well described in Peter's words.

They didn't write their own ideas, rather, they wrote as the Holy Spirit carried them. Like that.

Another passage uses the words, "God breathed". Scripture is God-breathed.

Or more simply stated, "And the LORD God said . . .", this and similar expressions use a great many times.

Much love!

Check out this logo--

proxy-image

It means that it has a chip in it. That the processing ability is within.

To be "inspired" is to have the spirit inside. So if men were inspired to write, who was it writing? Men. The wrote as they were led to do. Are you spirit-led? Do you respond to the prompting of the spirit? I certainly hope so. Does that make you and all you do infallible? I guarantee not.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The wrote as they were led to do.
Your words. And you go on the say they were still fallible. And therefore I guess you don't believe all the Bible, is that it?

God's Words:

God-breathed
As they were carried by the Spirit.

Jeremiah 1:9 KJV
9) Then the LORD put forth his hand, and touched my mouth. And the LORD said unto me, Behold, I have put my words in thy mouth.

Ezekiel 6:1 KJV
1) And the word of the LORD came unto me, saying,

And on it goes.

I believe it.

Much love!

Reactions: Mr E