Crossing the Jordan

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Armadillo

Aug 11, 2017
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
On the other side of the Jordan, there were giants and they were too scared to cross and all the doubters had to die. Thirty-eight years they marched around Mount Sinai in a circle. Joshua then takes them across the Jordan, into the new land and it would not be the same land they came out of.

Deuteronomy 11:11,12

But the land you are crossing the Jordan to take possession of is a land of mountains and valleys that drinks rain from heaven. It is a land the Lord your God cares for; the eyes of the Lord your God are continually on it from the beginning of the year to its end.

As you go deeper, as the doubt dies, as you mature and are given revelation by the Holy Spirit you too can cross a river and live in the promised land. In the old land all the work was done by you but in the new land all the work is done by God. Oh yes, the giants will still be there in the natural realm but in the spirit realm there is the land of rest, such a beautiful land and it flows with milk and honey. It is so wonderful to live in the promised land where it's not about what you do but all about what God has done for you. Such a great salvation, God coming down in human flesh as you, taking our sins into Himself and now we get rain from heaven! God's land is in us!

My salvation is mine, my thoughts are mine and me knowing God loves me does me good.

Philippians 2:13, for it is God who works in you to will and to act in order to fulfill his good purpose.

prashanthd

Aug 16, 2013
Hyderabad, India
Faith
Christian
Country
India
On the other side of the Jordan, there were giants and they were too scared to cross and all the doubters had to die. Thirty-eight years they marched around Mount Sinai in a circle. Joshua then takes them across the Jordan, into the new land and it would not be the same land they came out of.

Deuteronomy 11:11,12

But the land you are crossing the Jordan to take possession of is a land of mountains and valleys that drinks rain from heaven. It is a land the Lord your God cares for; the eyes of the Lord your God are continually on it from the beginning of the year to its end.

As you go deeper, as the doubt dies, as you mature and are given revelation by the Holy Spirit you too can cross a river and live in the promised land. In the old land all the work was done by you but in the new land all the work is done by God. Oh yes, the giants will still be there in the natural realm but in the spirit realm there is the land of rest, such a beautiful land and it flows with milk and honey. It is so wonderful to live in the promised land where it's not about what you do but all about what God has done for you. Such a great salvation, God coming down in human flesh as you, taking our sins into Himself and now we get rain from heaven! God's land is in us!

My salvation is mine, my thoughts are mine and me knowing God loves me does me good.

Philippians 2:13, for it is God who works in you to will and to act in order to fulfill his good purpose.

Thanks for this post. I read Joshua ch. 3 and I found that it provides hope.

Joshua 3
3 And they commanded the people, saying, When ye see the ark of the covenant of the LORD your God, and the priests the Levites bearing it, then ye shall remove from your place, and go after it.

Psalm 25
15 Mine eyes are ever toward the LORD; for he shall pluck my feet out of the net.

Joshua 3
4 Yet there shall be a space between you and it, about two thousand cubits by measure: come not near unto it, that ye may know the way by which ye must go: for ye have not passed this way heretofore.
13 And it shall come to pass, as soon as the soles of the feet of the priests that bear the ark of the LORD, the Lord of all the earth, shall rest in the waters of Jordan, that the waters of Jordan shall be cut off from the waters that come down from above; and they shall stand upon an heap.

Isaiah 55
8 For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD.
Psalm 1
6 For the LORD knoweth the way of the righteous: but the way of the ungodly shall perish.
Psalm 119
105 Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.
Psalm 25
12 What man is he that feareth the LORD? him shall he teach in the way that he shall choose.

Joshua 3
17 And the priests that bare the ark of the covenant of the LORD stood firm on dry ground in the midst of Jordan, and all the Israelites passed over on dry ground, until all the people were passed clean over Jordan.

Philippians 4
13 I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.

Joshua 3
5 And Joshua said unto the people, Sanctify yourselves: for to morrow the LORD will do wonders among you.

All glory to God.

Armadillo

Aug 11, 2017
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Joshua 5:11,12

And they did eat of the old corn of the land on the morrow after the passover, unleavened cakes, and parched corn in the selfsame day. And the manna ceased on the morrow after they had eaten of the old corn of the land; neither had the children of Israel manna any more; but they did eat of the fruit of the land of Canaan that year.

John 6:51, “I am the living bread which came down from heaven: if any man eat of this bread, he shall live forever: and the bread that I will give is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world”

Our spiritual food is the bread of life, the manna that fell from heaven, and we can eat this food every day if we are still in the wilderness but believers are wanderers no longer and it's time to eat the old corn of the land, the meat of the resurrection, and rest in His Finished Work.

We are all at different levels in our Christian experience and we all have that river to cross, some still drink milk while others eat meat, 1 Corinthians 3:2. The manna is the milk and the meat is the power of the resurrected life. You died, God was at your funeral, and He is alive in you, Colossians 3:3.

Cross the river to a new land, let Him carry you, and eat a new food. Learning from Jesus while He walked the earth helps you, yes but there is more, so much more.