Crowns

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Philippians 4:1,

4 Therefore, my brethren dearly beloved and longed for, my joy and crown, so stand fast in the Lord, my dearly beloved.

You see for the born again there shall be a crown and they shall recieve rewards. Who shall recieve the greatest reward? Those that did what they knew to do. James says "he that knoweth to do right and don't do it, to him it is sin." The greatest knowledge a believer can ever gain is to know k-n-o-w another person lives in them. To conscientiously say "another person lives in me," and that other person is Christ. This is where the rubber meets the road as they say. If I have another person living in me and I know it, will I willingly do things to offend that person who lives in me. Such as go certain places, talk a certain way, disrespect others all the time, and on and on it goes. We all have bad days or even moments, the Lord knows, but we don't live like that any more. We may have at one time, but not anymore. Someone said; this is the way I have always been. Well to bad that has changed now you are a Christ-person act like it.

And you know what! people that come to understanding of Christ in them have no problem with lifestyle. Why is that; because it's Christianity, it is the way God planned and purposed life for a believer, Christ in you the hope of glory. You knowing it and allowing him room to overwhelm who you once were will be a crown for you.

In Christianity we can sometimes throw out the good with the bad. What is meant by that? We have mistaken some loosing their crown with them loosing their salvation. I know it's fun to be judge, jury, an executioner, but that does not work with the born again. And of coarse we have our scriptures to prove our point so it's a done deal. Point is "holdfast let no man steal your crown." What is my crown? Your crown is that thing you do for the lord. No matter how big or small, your stay faith to what you feel led to do, whatever it is, that is your crown. Can be talking to the disguntled on the job or in the street, to preaching to thousands. It does not matter stay faithful.

Now there is the scripture I believe in Revelations that says when we see him we will throw our crowns at his feet. So if you think you are not doing enough and looking at some that seem to be saving the world, well the day will come when we look on him and see the greatest ministry that was ever performed came by Jesus on the cross. We will give to him our crowns.

Reactions: VictoryinJesus

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Philippians 4:1,

4 Therefore, my brethren dearly beloved and longed for, my joy and crown, so stand fast in the Lord, my dearly beloved.

It I may bolden Paul who said “my brethren dearly beloved and longed for...My joy and crown...stand fast in The Lord...

Psalm 127:3
[3] Lo, children (of promise) are an heritage of the Lord : and the fruit of the womb is his reward.

...the Spiritual fruit of the children of promise born from above. children are His heritage. Psalm 127:5 Happy is the man that hath his quiver full of them: they shall not be ashamed, but they shall speak with the enemies in the gate.

James 5:7-8
[7] Be patient therefore, brethren, unto the coming of the Lord. Behold, the husbandman waiteth for the precious fruit of the earth, and hath long patience for it, until he receive the early and latter rain. [8] Be ye also patient; stablish your hearts: for the coming of the Lord draweth nigh.

Galatians 5:22-23
[22] But the (precious)fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, [23] Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Point is "holdfast let no man steal your crown." What is my crown? Your crown is that thing you do for the lord. No matter how big or small, your stay faith to what you feel led to do, whatever it is, that is your crown.

Agree. Acts 6:1-8 And in those days, when the number of the disciples was multiplied, there arose a murmuring of the Grecians against the Hebrews, because their widows were neglected in the daily ministration. [2] Then the twelve called the multitude of the disciples unto them, and said, It is not reason that we should leave the word of God, and serve tables. [3] Wherefore, brethren, look ye out among you seven men of honest report, full of the Holy Ghost and wisdom, whom we may appoint over this business. [4] But we will give ourselves continually to prayer, and to the ministry of the word. [5] And the saying pleased the whole multitude: and they chose Stephen, a man full of faith and of the Holy Ghost, and Philip, and Prochorus, and Nicanor, and Timon, and Parmenas, and Nicolas a proselyte of Antioch: [6] Whom they set before the apostles: and when they had prayed, they laid their hands on them. [7] And the word of God increased; and the number of the disciples multiplied in Jerusalem greatly; and a great company of the priests were obedient to the faith. [8] And Stephen, full of faith and power, did great wonders and miracles among the people.

Im sorry that just stands out. I’ve wondered what Stephen would have thought when he was pulled off of the “we will give ourselves continually to prayer, and to the ministry of the Word ...to serve tables. Full of the Holy Spirit and wisdom ...surely Stephen was content and abided wherever God placed Him. My husband said it was an Honour back then to serve tables and of course the Lord said Luke 22:27 For whether is greater, he that sitteth at meat, or he that serveth? is not he that sitteth at meat? but I am among you as he that serveth.

still...That blows me away this is the same Stephen(unless wrong then please correct) who proclaimed “the most High dwelleth not in temples made with hands”

Acts 7:55-59 But he, being full of the Holy Ghost, looked up stedfastly into heaven, and saw the glory of God, and Jesus standing on the right hand of God, [56] And said, Behold, I see the heavens opened, and the Son of man standing on the right hand of God. [57] Then they cried out with a loud voice, and stopped their ears, and ran upon him with one accord, [58] And cast him out of the city, and stoned him : and the witnesses laid down their clothes at a young man's feet, whose name was Saul. [59] And they stoned Stephen, calling upon God, and saying, Lord Jesus, receive my spirit.

Yes, agree. Be content where He places you. Thank you for your postings. They are an encouragement.

Reactions: soul man

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Agree. Acts 6:1-8 And in those days, when the number of the disciples was multiplied, there arose a murmuring of the Grecians against the Hebrews, because their widows were neglected in the daily ministration. [2] Then the twelve called the multitude of the disciples unto them, and said, It is not reason that we should leave the word of God, and serve tables. [3] Wherefore, brethren, look ye out among you seven men of honest report, full of the Holy Ghost and wisdom, whom we may appoint over this business. [4] But we will give ourselves continually to prayer, and to the ministry of the word. [5] And the saying pleased the whole multitude: and they chose Stephen, a man full of faith and of the Holy Ghost, and Philip, and Prochorus, and Nicanor, and Timon, and Parmenas, and Nicolas a proselyte of Antioch: [6] Whom they set before the apostles: and when they had prayed, they laid their hands on them. [7] And the word of God increased; and the number of the disciples multiplied in Jerusalem greatly; and a great company of the priests were obedient to the faith. [8] And Stephen, full of faith and power, did great wonders and miracles among the people.

Im sorry that just stands out. I’ve wondered what Stephen would have thought when he was pulled off of the “we will give ourselves continually to prayer, and to the ministry of the Word ...to serve tables. Full of the Holy Spirit and wisdom ...surely Stephen was content and abided wherever God placed Him. My husband said it was an Honour back then to serve tables and of course the Lord said Luke 22:27 For whether is greater, he that sitteth at meat, or he that serveth? is not he that sitteth at meat? but I am among you as he that serveth.

still...That blows me away this is the same Stephen(unless wrong then please correct) who proclaimed “the most High dwelleth not in temples made with hands”

Acts 7:55-59 But he, being full of the Holy Ghost, looked up stedfastly into heaven, and saw the glory of God, and Jesus standing on the right hand of God, [56] And said, Behold, I see the heavens opened, and the Son of man standing on the right hand of God. [57] Then they cried out with a loud voice, and stopped their ears, and ran upon him with one accord, [58] And cast him out of the city, and stoned him : and the witnesses laid down their clothes at a young man's feet, whose name was Saul. [59] And they stoned Stephen, calling upon God, and saying, Lord Jesus, receive my spirit.

Yes, agree. Be content where He places you. Thank you for your postings. They are an encouragement.

Great thoughts, thank you.