Cuddling Therapy

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Don Mills

Feb 17, 2021
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am curious what you think about going to a professional cuddling therapy session? I am a single guy and live and work mostly alone especially now that I work from home due to Covid. Often I am very lonely. Someone recently recommended cuddle therapy as a way to reduce loneliness and boost my morale. There are a few single ladies in my area who do professional cuddling and I am seriously considering scheduling a 1-2 hour cuddle session with one of them. The rules are that it is a strictly clothes on and platonic cuddling session with no kissing or sexual touching. I am really intrigued and would like to try it out but I’m a bit uncertain about the morality of this.

I am curious what your thoughts are on this? Is this a sin? Is it asking for trouble to have an opposite sex cuddling session between two lonely people? Does anyone here have any experience with a cuddling therapy session such as this?

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am curious what you think about going to a professional cuddling therapy session? I am a single guy and live and work mostly alone especially now that I work from home due to Covid. Often I am very lonely. Someone recently recommended cuddle therapy as a way to reduce loneliness and boost my morale. There are a few single ladies in my area who do professional cuddling and I am seriously considering scheduling a 1-2 hour cuddle session with one of them. The rules are that it is a strictly clothes on and platonic cuddling session with no kissing or sexual touching. I am really intrigued and would like to try it out but I’m a bit uncertain about the morality of this.

I am curious what your thoughts are on this? Is this a sin? Is it asking for trouble to have an opposite sex cuddling session between two lonely people? Does anyone here have any experience with a cuddling therapy session such as this?

Ha Ha!

Greetings, Don Mills, and welcome to the forum.

If you could abide by the rules, I see no problem with it at all morally. And it's actually kinda cute. The problem for me would be this: If there's no chemistry, it would be like hugging my dog. And if there is chemistry I'd be having a little too much fun. I mean, come on. I don't know about other men, but there's no way on earth I'm not at least thinking about sex all the while we're just "hugging." I'd be conscious of just how much I could get away with and how far my hands could drift until the Hugging Police flagged me for a violation.

In other words, it just wouldn't work for me. But maybe it might for you. You'd have to think it through, and maybe play it through in your head several times with women you see in public, or on TV or in a magazine or something.

God bless, and it is a really cute idea. But it would take the right woman. Too much or too little and it wouldn't work out, at least not in a good way.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Is it asking for trouble to have an opposite sex cuddling session between two lonely people?
Welcome to CB Don,

Of course. There is no question as to where this would lead. The real issue is why don't you find yourself a real spouse and move on?

On another note Don Mills is the name of a city in Ontario. Did you know that or did you adopt that as your screen name?

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

That sounds off limits in respect to Christ's teachings. A hug is one thing, but cuddling is too far. Sorry, but it does sound like too much fun.

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is it you have to pay to cuddle with someone? I don't know, brother...not a sin. Just seems a bit sad. Do you have a church to make friends? Do you have pets/family you can cuddle with? Id protect against lust...My husband and I hardly ever cuddled before marriage. We wanted to protect against that. It is worth the wait.

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am unaware of any Mosiac law that says thou shalt not cuddle a stranger. But dude... It will be nice but never as nice as cuddling someone you can love. It won't even touch the satisfaction you will have by cuddling someone you even like!

Lets face it... You are paying for an emotional connection through physical interaction. I don't judge you for it. But technically it is prostitution.

Do what you gotta do... But hold out brother if you can! When you cuddle the right girl, nothing in rhe world will matter for that moment!

Last edited:

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What if the regular therapist also offers cuddling therapy?:D
Then they aren't a regular therapist. It also seems a little strange that these places are still open, given all the covid restrictions. I mean, you can't even go sit next to a stranger at a restaurant, but you can cuddle a stranger?

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am unaware of any Mosiac law that says thou shalt not cuddle a stranger. But dude... It will be nice but never as nice as cuddling someone you can love. It won't even touch the satisfaction you will have by cuddling someone you even like!

Lets face it... You are paying for an emotional connection through physical interaction. I don't judge you for it. But technically it is prostitution.

Do what you gotta do... But hold out brother if you can! When you cuddle the right girl, nothing in rhe world will matter for that moment!

Prostitution! Oh come on, Lol!

Good to see you again, FHII : ) About the emotional connection, if I found her interesting I'd fix that in a hurry. Unless they had rules against talking, in the first ten minutes I'd have her favorite color, food, hobbies, movies, why she's into this line of work... I'd be into her head and heart before she knew what she'd gotten herself into, Lol. After an hour with me, she'd either be very happy with her job or considering retiring, Lol.

And honestly I think it's genuine therapy, just that it could raise some problems for a Christian man. It's more like a date with a stranger, but with immediate physical contact. But physical contact IS actually very therapeutic, so I think the principle is sound. I just think prostitution is taking things too far. Certainly there could be worse things in this world than hugging someone for awhile, even if a person got paid for it.

Hope you stick around. Always good to see you.
H

Reactions: Nancy and FHII

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Then they aren't a regular therapist. It also seems a little strange that these places are still open, given all the covid restrictions. I mean, you can't even go sit next to a stranger at a restaurant, but you can cuddle a stranger?
Covid makes people lose their common sense. My husband goes to get a haircut and they won't wash his hair....because of Covid?!!!?!? Caraaaazyyyy!! lol
And then ...you can use the gym, but you can't use the showers??? Wash your hands, but not your hair or your body.:rolleyes:

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think it would be more appropriate and beneficial to find a solid Christian brother you could talk to, confide in, and maybe a brotherly hug after.

I have often been comforted by a motherly hug from an older sister in the Lord. It can help break down emotional barriers, and get things out to give to the Lord.

Otherwise, get a cuddly pet and pray for God to send a Christian woman who is compatible for marriage.

Welcome to CB. :)

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Prostitution! Oh come on, Lol!

Good to see you again, FHII : ) About the emotional connection, if I found her interesting I'd fix that in a hurry. Unless they had rules against talking, in the first ten minutes I'd have her favorite color, food, hobbies, movies, why she's into this line of work... I'd be into her head and heart before she knew what she'd gotten herself into, Lol. After an hour with me, she'd either be very happy with her job or considering retiring, Lol.

And honestly I think it's genuine therapy, just that it could raise some problems for a Christian man. It's more like a date with a stranger, but with immediate physical contact. But physical contact IS actually very therapeutic, so I think the principle is sound. I just think prostitution is taking things too far. Certainly there could be worse things in this world than hugging someone for awhile, even if a person got paid for it.

Hope you stick around. Always good to see you.
H
Hi Hidden! Good seeing you too!

The way I see it, you are using someone's body to satisfy a "need". I have absolutely no doubt it works! But, yea... I see your point and perhaps likening it to prostitution isn't fair. I certainly wouldn't say the same thing about massage therapy which I've had (no... Not the ones that include a happy ending) for muscle recovery from athletics.

So I will withdraw that opinion as I'm sure it works, but will also hold to its better to work on finding a boyfriend or girlfriend to fill that roll.

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Don Mills

This happened in 1 Kings 1.

Abishag Cares for David

Now King David was old and well along in years, and though they covered him with blankets, he could not keep warm. So his servants said to him, “Let us search for a young virgin for our lord the king, to attend to him and care for him and lie by his side to keep him warm.” Then they searched throughout Israel for a beautiful girl, and they found Abishag the Shunammite and brought her to the king. The girl was unsurpassed in beauty; she cared for the king and served him, but he had no relations with her.

But keep in mind King David "was old." Like... there's... that biology thing. He was old. He wasn't "fruitfully" young.

You know even the massage parlors around here have "strict rules" and that's for legal reasons and it turns out they don't actually have any rules as long as you have enough dollars. Always keep in mind: Why start a fire you can't put out? This is a dangerous situation. There's STDs. There's probably some mafia stuff behind this. These women could be victims of sex trafficking. What if she's got an undeveloped cold sore that you can't see and ya'll accidentally rub lips in the middle of the night and now you got cold sores all over the place the next week or lice?

I'm speaking somewhat hypocritically because if I knew it was a safe situation I'd do it. I'm that desperate now. I'd straight up pay someone to play Mario Kart and eat chocolate truffles with me right now. I don't even care.

If this was China and if it was as common as that guy who gets paid to do nothing but stand there as another person when people go places or don't want to be alone, I'd do it. But this isn't China and this is probably an easy way to get in trouble.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

@Don Mills - I'm sorry you are feeling lonely Don. But I really don't think cuddling strangers will help you. You may feel that it is nice during the session but it is so artificial that I think you would feel that once the session was over. And is cuddling strangers even allowed during this pandemic.

Do you belong to a church fellowship? And if so I wonder why you can't contact someone from there to chat or pray or even hug. And remember Jesus is with you so you can use this time to talk to him.

And you can find fellowship on this forum. Not all the threads are deep discussions. And if you find somebody you feel is right you can contact them in a private message and have a sort of pen-pal thing going.

Also, just a thought, and I hope you won't take offence, but what you are describing can sometimes be a sign that you are spending too much time and energy on looking inward at yourself instead of looking to Jesus to meet all your needs. I know because I've been there.

Next time you feel lonely sing songs of praise or listen to some good christian music and think happy thoughts about Jesus. Sounds corny but it works.