Darkly-Wicked Friends and Family Members

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Have you ever known anybody, family or friend, who was so cold and dark and wicked inside that every time you talk to them, you come away feeling drained, or worse, completely empty inside?

All your joy, all your positivity, … all your light … is just sucked right out of you from even having a few minutes exchange with these people.

How do you suppose God would have Christians handle these types?

Personally, I believe certain people are beyond the "love 'em, pray for 'em & kill 'em with kindness" treatment. I believe some people are so depraved and so decidedly far from God that the best, most healthy, action for a Christian to take is to simply write 'em off.

Just cut 'em off and part ways with them to protect your own faith and sanctification.

After all, God did tell the Israelites to have nothing to do with the surrounding peoples that worshiped demon gods and had zero love for the Almighty. He said nothing about evangelizing them. I believe this was for their own spiritual safety.

What say you?

Reactions: Stan B

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
All your joy, all your positivity, … all your light … is just sucked right out of you from even having a few minutes exchange with these people.

How do you suppose God would have Christians handle these types?
You have described my family who call themselves Christians... although they are not EVIL per se.... they are a very judgmental and absolutely exhaustive bunch... and I do not spend time with them. The atmosphere in their presence is STIFLING... not to mention the DRAMA that seems to follow them everywhere... They hide their own sin and spend their lives attempting to "look good" on the outside so that others cannot see the truth.

I much prefer hanging out with the sinners... they know they are in need of help... and they have no problem admitting their shortcomings... JUST the type that JESUS is waiting for.

Pretty sad statement I have just made... I don't care for the style of a great many CHRISTIANS.

I guess it depends on what is being defined as evil... I don't find myself drawn to associate with such people... I believe Kenneth Copeland is evil but he has tons of friends and followers.

I do not think a drunk ... drug addict or prostitute is evil... I think they are trapped and in need of a Saviour. It's all in how you look at it.

Last edited:

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You have described my family who call themselves Christians... although they are not EVIL per se.... they are a very judgmental and absolutely exhaustive bunch... and I do not spend time with them. The atmosphere in their presence is STIFLING... not to mention the DRAMA that seems to follow them everywhere... They hide their own sin and spend their lives attempting to "look good" on the outside so that others cannot see the truth.
Not all of my family are professed Christians, but they sure fit this description well.
Pretty sad statement I have just made... I don't care for the style of a great many CHRISTIANS.
This is the sad truth about most Christians and the Bible supports that perspective.

"Many will say to Me on that day, Lord, Lord …"
(Matthew 7:22)

Thank you for the comment, Addy.

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Truman the Levite Indeed; 1 Thess. 5.25...

Hi, Farouk.

I think these verses may fit the bill a little better.

Matthew 5:44
Romans 12:14

I do pray for those who seem the darkest in my life, but sometimes I feel it is actually God reminding me of verses that advise to have nothing to do with certain people.

Like:

2 Timothy 3:1-5
" ...Having a form of godliness, but denying its power. Have nothing to do with such people."
Titus 3:10
" … warn them a second time. After that, have nothing to do with them."
2 Corinthians 6:17
" … Come out from among them and be separate, says The Lord. …"

The modern Christian, mainstream, mindset is to love everybody, evangelize everyone, love the sinner - hate the sin, everybody can be saved, etc, etc.

Remember though, … it is the sinner God sends to hell, not the sin. Just something to consider.

Last edited:

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
LOL @GEN2REV ... I am shocked by your response... I was expecting a harsh response.
No way.

I have struggled much more with the 'love everybody' doctrine that is so prevalent in Churches, Church TV and Radio, than with just about any other aspect of Christianity.

I have experienced true evil from people from my earliest memories within my immediate family, and also friends and acquaintances, and racked my brain all my life to try and understand it, especially among those I love the most.

I think many Christians are missing a vital facet of God's Word when they don't recognize that there is evil in the world, and it hides in plain sight in the form of neighbors and family members.

'Love thy neighbor' is a true Bible verse, but it is often hailed as the main tenet of scripture. There is much more to the Bible than simply loving everyone and never judging (which is actually false doctrine, by the way - we are commanded to judge righteously).

What of the 'Wheat and the Tares' doctrine? Jesus not only presented this message, but then went back over, and elaborated, in detail to make certain His disciples understood what they were up against in the world. That being a certain type of people, generated by the devil, with the express purpose of destroying Christians and leading them astray to their doom. Matthew 13:24-30; 36-43

There are many other points along this vein that we will get into further along in the thread, like the way Jesus always valiantly engaged the Pharisees and Sadducees that intended Him social, and physical harm, by publicly challenging them, showcasing their incompetence and utterly humiliating them out of a righteous hatred for them, … but these are just a few for now.

God bless.

Stan B

Jul 21, 2019
Toronto
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Stay away if you need to. Ask God to give you His love for them. Pray for them. Perhaps you'll be surprised at what happens.
Sometimes, prayer is not even an option. There is a Satanic cult so evil, that God declares He will not even listen to prayers for them; those who worship the Queen of Heaven.

The word that came to Jeremiah from the LORD, saying . . .

“As for you, do not pray for this people, and do not lift up cry or prayer for them, and do not intercede with Me; for I do not hear you. Do you not see what they are doing . . . ? The children gather wood, and the fathers kindle the fire, and the women knead dough to make cakes for the Queen of Heaven; and they pour out drink offerings to other gods in order to spite Me. Jeremiah 7:16-18

This cult is still around today, headed by a person they call the pope!

Attachments

• Pope 1.jpg
    Pope 1.jpg
    921.7 KB · Views: 0
Reactions: GEN2REV

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Sometimes, prayer is not even an option. There is a Satanic cult so evil, that God declares He will not even listen to prayers for them; those who worship the Queen of Heaven.

The word that came to Jeremiah from the LORD, saying . . .

“As for you, do not pray for this people, and do not lift up cry or prayer for them, and do not intercede with Me; for I do not hear you. Do you not see what they are doing . . . ? The children gather wood, and the fathers kindle the fire, and the women knead dough to make cakes for the Queen of Heaven; and they pour out drink offerings to other gods in order to spite Me. Jeremiah 7:16-18

This cult is still around today, headed by a person they call the pope!
Say what you will about the structure, but there are a lot of believers in it.

Stan B

Jul 21, 2019
Toronto
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
No way.

I have struggled much more with the 'love everybody' doctrine that is so prevalent in Churches, Church TV and Radio, than with just about any other aspect of Christianity.
David was described as a man after God's own heart, a man who had an intimate relationship with God, in the Psalms David holds up hatred as his standard of faithfulness:

"Do I not hate those who hate You, O Lord?
And do I not loathe those who rise up against You?
I hate them with the utmost hatred;
They have become my enemies." Psalm 139:21-23

"I hate the assembly of evildoers,
And I will not sit with the wicked." Psalm 26:5

"I hate those who regard vain idols,
But I trust in the Lord." Psalm 31:6

While we must love our neighbours, it seems that it does not extend to those who hate God. ??

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The reason that God doesn't have me, as a Levite, hacking people to death is because of the atonement of Christ.
One will argue, "It's not a license to sin." They'd be right.
However, think of Stephen while he was being stoned. "Lord, do not hold this sin against them."
We are to love others how we want to be loved.
We are only permitted to throw stones if we have never broken God's holy law.
To do so is to be a hypocrite who has lost sight of one's own unworthiness.
God is judge...He commands us to love.

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Did you know that He also warns us not to add a word to Revelation?
If you do due diligence, you will learn that the word church is an added word.
The original word is congregation (Greek ecclesia), which has a different meaning than church.
I believe He's talking about coming out of religious systems that He did not create.
How many denominations are there? There is one ecclesia, intangible congregation, and it is found in them all.

Stan B

Jul 21, 2019
Toronto
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Did you know that He also warns us not to add a word to Revelation?
If you do due diligence, you will learn that the word church is an added word.
The original word is congregation (Greek ecclesia), which has a different meaning than church.
I believe He's talking about coming out of religious systems that He did not create.
How many denominations are there? There is one ecclesia, intangible congregation, and it is found in them all.
Well . . . you may be correct, but 50+ English translations use the word "church".

So faced with the opinion of some of the most notable scholars involved in these translations, and their academic qualifications, I think I will go with the majority, and accept the word church used in the Revelation as the legitimate English equivalent.

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The majority take someone else's word for it. Suit yourself.
Just remember Revelation 22:18