David Wilkerson's "The Vision"

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Marks brought this vision up for discussion on another thread, and got me interested in watching it. I've been through part of the following video, and find myself agreeing with much of what it predicts (I see most of it as still set in the future), but maybe others here would disagree.

Thought it would make for an interesting discussion, so I will post it here and open the floor for comments. Included after the video will be Marks' post, which could serve as starting points for discussion.

Blessings in Christ to all who respond,
Hidden

What about "The Vision"?

1973. In the next few years to come, he wasn't specific, but it's pretty clear he was talking about in the 80's (or not long after), which were pretty wild, but not the commonplace nude dancing in churches, or the economic calamity (the 80's were actually good that way), no nuclear inferno.

Fast forward to years later, as he claims that the timeline actually stretches out into maybe past this generation.

A seemingly godly man. A seemingly fruitful life. A seemingly servants heart. A vision that proclaimed the end of our world that didn't come.

I've seen people's views on this as, well, parts have been fulfilled, other parts are still to come.

If you haven't read it, he painted a tapestry of life, the vision of a culture, and a catastrophe, and it didn't happen. Again, some say that it still will.

Then there is the theological aspect. His vision centers on a certain eschatology. If you don't agree with his eschatology, then what?...

Much love!

Last edited:
Reactions: amadeus

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Who read the book when it first was published? Anyone besides me? What was your understanding?

Reactions: Helen

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
It was impossible for people like DW to know God's plans for the end times. as Daniel 12 says; the vision was sealed until the time of the end and then only a few will understand. Obviously he didn't live in the actual end times.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Marks brought this vision up for discussion on another thread, and got me interested in watching it. I've been through part of the following video, and find myself agreeing with much of what it predicts (I see most of it as still set in the future), but maybe others here would disagree.

Thought it would make for an interesting discussion, so I will post it here and open the floor for comments. Included after the video will be Marks' post, which could serve as starting points for discussion.

Blessings in Christ to all who respond,
Hidden

I confess I did not watch it...I'd heard it years ago.
We first read his book "The Cross and The Switchblade"...one of the most amazing books that I read ( @marks ..thinking of amazing things :D)

If you haven't read it...I say it is a MUST READ for all Christians serious in their walk with God. That as a young Christian 9 1960's) was the first book I read which showed me that we CAN be directed by God's Holy Spirit daily. We CAN hear from Him.

At one time we used to get his monthly mag, and all his tapes.etc etc

I loved the holiness side of his message , but l as he aged and the years went by he seemed to become much more harsh, legalistic and 'works-orientated '.... by the 90's before he died I found his word depressing and judgemental. The God he was now 'seeing' and believing in, was no longer the merciful God Father that I saw... He changed, and so did I. I dropped him.

At the very end I dropped him, I could no longer listen to him.

I am sure he went to a wonderful reward...he was a trouper and one of a kind.

Now , I feel, and may be totally wrong...toward the end he became a mixture. God knows, I don't.
He did what he believed he was called to do, 100% sold out. God sees the heart and I am sure it is counted as righteousness.

Maybe he was right and I was wrong....maybe God is not the Father I believe Him to be...One Day we will have ALL those answers :)
Until then, we keep on keeping on. ✟

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Who read the book when it first was published? Anyone besides me? What was your understanding?

Yep , read most of his books.

Some stand out...that one I need to refresh on...I have forgotten a lot of it now.

Wasn't his last one about the final trumpet or something...I forget that too.

Reactions: marks

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There's another question in my mind as I think about prophecies such as this. Right or wrong, how does it actually help us in ways that the Bible and the Holy Spirit don't do better?

It spreads fear, I know that. But about warning us the end will come, that society will continue to degenerate, all these things, the Bible teaches us all of that.

In his prophecy, David addresses things that aren't covered in the Bible. I love to use the nude dancing in churches as an example, not out of prurience, rather, because we all know it's not happening, didn't happen, yet was very specifically included in his prophecy.

What do we gain from this?

Much love!

Reactions: Davy

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Well looks like HIH is getting obsessed with dreams and visions. Never a good thing. As you said the Bible has already told us how things will progress until the Second Coming of Christ. The details are being filled out as we look all around us. But Christians should stay focused on what is important.

Reactions: Davy

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
There's another question in my mind as I think about prophecies such as this. Right or wrong, how does it actually help us in ways that the Bible and the Holy Spirit don't do better?

It spreads fear, I know that. But about warning us the end will come, that society will continue to degenerate, all these things, the Bible teaches us all of that.

In his prophecy, David addresses things that aren't covered in the Bible. I love to use the nude dancing in churches as an example, not out of prurience, rather, because we all know it's not happening, didn't happen, yet was very specifically included in his prophecy.

Much love!

Couldn't agree more.

As I said in the post above...we had to drop him. He became so judgmental on behalf of the Lord...I could no longer listen to him.

His God and mine were not the same.
I at the end he still believed he was saying what God wanted him to say, but if that were so , I sure couldn't hear the voice of the Lord through him.

Maybe he lost the glory but continued on anyway...in enthusiasm which is a poor substitute for the Anointing!!

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I confess I did not watch it...I'd heard it years ago.
We first read his book "The Cross and The Switchblade"...

I remember people talking about that book when I first got saved. Your words here will likely come back to remembrance if the Lord directs me to read it (But I'm weird like that. I kinda wait for Him to tell me to read something first). But this vision is really something. I started to post on it but the Lord stopped me because He doesn't want me coloring anyone else's replies right out of the box. He is pretty stern by the time he was preaching this message, but I'm kinda into stern and authoritative myself. I mean, so long as it is Spirit-uttered and not flesh-driven.

But thanks for the tip on The Cross and The Switchblade : )

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well looks like HIH is getting obsessed with dreams and visions.

Uncalled for, Enoch. Marks brought up this vision. I wasn't even aware of it, and thought it worthy of its own thread when HE did.
Nor did I start the other most recent thread on visions and dreams. Marks did.
And yet you address him favorably while throwing accusations at me.

No words. You leave me absolutely nothing good or constructive to say about your post.

Reactions: jshiii and Helen

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
but I'm kinda into stern and authoritative myself. I mean, so long as it is Spirit-uttered and not flesh-driven.

That was my point to @marks just now...
D.W. Was very anointed at the beginning...but like so many that were used of God in a mighty way ..by the end they kind of carry on regardless of the anointing or not.

When Kathryn Kuhlman was at the end ..after an amazing ministry for years...tells Jamie Buckingham " Write it all Jamie , write it all."
She wanted us to know that an anointed beginning does not mean an anointed end. At the end she was faking it...the anointing had left her..( because she had become to believe it was her doing it, and was not glorifying God ) as He did many others like A A Alan and so many others.

She K.K wanted us to know that it is all God...but many of them including her , just carry on because they like basking in the glory of it.

A good read is " GODS GENERALS " how they started, how they ended...all of them...any 'great ministry' he or she will be in there.

I'm sure this is God telling you now, to read it :D :D

Reactions: marks

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yep , read most of his books.

Some stand out...that one I need to refresh on...I have forgotten a lot of it now.

Wasn't his last one about the final trumpet or something...I forget that too.
I only read The Cross and the Switchblade, and The Vision.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well looks like HIH is getting obsessed with dreams and visions. Never a good thing. As you said the Bible has already told us how things will progress until the Second Coming of Christ. The details are being filled out as we look all around us. But Christians should stay focused on what is important.
At the end of the day, I believe what's actually important for us to know is in Scripture.

But HIH is right, I'm the one who brought this up.

Much love!

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In my book, one excellent and one not so....

Actually, Helen, I do remember the storyline of the book because I remember hearing it preached on and seeing takes from the movie... come to think of it I think I did watch the movie in its entirety.

Not that I wanna start a fight, since luckily you and I are well passed that now, Praise God : )
But in all honesty, it was nothing compared to this vision. The vision is divine utterance. The book was merely a telling of his testimony. Powerful and all, but not anywhere near on the level of divine utterance.

And since Satan may soon be speaking through Enoch again, time to post something in advance, LoL.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Heart2Soul, @GTW27, @lforrest, @Josho, @amadeus, @Triumph1300, @brakelite, @Mayflower, @prayerwarrior, @rockytopva (for starters).

It appears that as of Post #7 I have struck a nerve on this thread, and the Accuser of the Brethren does not want the video I posted being discussed. So I'm sensing that what needs to take place now is for more attention to be drawn to it. Hence I am inviting you all to share your opinions, favorable or unfavorable.

No offense taken from those who wish to avoid a fight, since that may likely be what this thread becomes, but I now intend on dealing with this vision in full, piece by piece, if for no other reason than for my own sake, since it appears the enemy does not want it being read and analyzed.

Blessings in Christ,
Hidden In Him

Last edited:

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But let's face it. You have been posting quite a bit in those threads, and also creating threads regarding those subjects.

Certainly I have. Different thing than being "obsessed," however, which I took exception to.
On Page #1 of my featured threads:

11 center on the examination of Biblical verses and passages, particularly the parables.
7 discuss Biblical issues (like keeping the greatest commandment, if the rapture is a literal event, divisiveness among Christians, etc.)
1 is political
1 is about visions and dreams (not including this one), and
1 is about prophecy.

Now that's not being "obsessed" with talking about dreams and visions, but you are tempting me to get there when you make cracks like that, LoL.

So knock it off! : )
Yours,
HiH