Day one

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Frank Lee

Feb 23, 2017
Ouachita Mountains
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1503642824694-576x1024.jpg

The days of creation I've placed on these memes or scrims as I refer to scripture memes. I'll post one a day for each h of the days of creation. I still find things in these first verses of Genesis I haven't noticed before.

Reactions: FHII and Sword

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I agree with what someone posted(I can't remember who) that the creation is a revelation. I believe the physical account of the creation but there is no denying it is also a revelation.

One verse that has always perplexed me, Christ's words:

John 9:4-5 KJV
[4] I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work. [5] As long as I am in the world, I am the light of the world.

What is the night spoken of? when no man can work?

What about the day of the Lord?

Christ said "as long as I am in the world": is He not still in the world since we are called to be the light?

Psalm 139:8-16 KJV
[8] If I ascend up into heaven, thou art there: if I make my bed in hell, behold, thou art there . [9] If I take the wings of the morning, and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea; [10] Even there shall thy hand lead me, and thy right hand shall hold me. [11] If I say, Surely the darkness shall cover me; even the night shall be light about me. [12] Yea, the darkness hideth not from thee; but the night shineth as the day: the darkness and the light are both alike to thee . [13] For thou hast possessed my reins: thou hast covered me in my mother's womb. [14] I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvellous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well. [15] My substance was not hid from thee, when I was made in secret, and curiously wrought in the lowest parts of the earth. [16] Thine eyes did see my substance, yet being unperfect; and in thy book all my members were written, which in continuance were fashioned, when as yet there was none of them.

Last edited:
Reactions: aspen and bbyrd009

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is a whole lot there.

Its been said by some that the first verse is were science and Christianity agree. In respect to science believes that all things are of five things time energy space matter and something that started it.

In the beginning (time) God (something that started it) created (energy) the heavens (space) and the earth (matter).

Also since God always was and before the beginning it is obvious that His Presence wasn’t in His creation until His Spirit moved upon the face of the waters. Hence the place He chose to be in His creation. And note also the place where living things are. All living things require water.

Also, there was no order form or light until He was Present in His creation and the He spoke in His Presence within His creation.

And God said “let” there be light. And didn’t eliminate the darkness, but commanded that it let light be.

The first day seems to be the same as the Lord Jesus coming into the world. Note that some didn’t let there be Light in the world of darkness. Also, weeks repeat hence the first day could very well be as the eighth day. Note the circumcision is to be on the eighth day note that the seventh day of rest wasn’t brought to an end as the first six. And Jesus was killed on the sixth day the day A&E were made and probably died in respect to God’s Word, Jesus’ experience of death rested the seventh day, then rising on the eighth day. Needless to say, there are probably many theories on that.

Gen 1:4 And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness.

Also, at the time KJV was translated the word “saw” was either a saw blade or a proverb or a decree or command. The word “saw” had nothing to do with seen something or the like.

So, did the translators mean degreed the light as good?

Also note that God separated the Light from the darkness, and called both. It can also be noted here and the following verses that what God called are places for living things to be, including Himself. There are five here if my memory serves and He call the man Adam which is mentioned a few chapters later which makes six places for the living to be. We who are Christians might take note that the indwelling of God’s Spirit, in us is a place for God’s Spirit to be in the earth.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
GINOLJC, good topic.
Also, at the time KJV was translated the word “saw” was either a saw blade or a proverb or a decree or command. The word “saw” had nothing to do with seen something or the like.

So, did the translators mean degreed the light as good?

Also note that God separated the Light from the darkness, and called both. It can also be noted here and the following verses that what God called are places for living things to be, including Himself. There are five here if my memory serves and He call the man Adam which it mentions a few chapters later which makes six places for the living to be. We who are Christians might take note that the indwelling of God’s Spirit, in us is a place for God’s Spirit to be in the earth.
maybe i can help, the word "Light" is metaphorically used to "KNOW", and "saw" is metaphorically used to "understand". to see "Light" is to know and to understand. the darkness here in Genesis 1:3-5 is is metaphorically used to indicate the unknown or ignorance. Light reveals, as here in these verses, that which was unknown or unseen, (darkness, or invisible), now seen/saw (is made visible). scripture, Romans 1:19 & 20 "Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them. 20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse". to understand this use of darkness and Light metaphorically, example. say someone come to you and say, "did you hear what happen to so in so", and you might respond, "no I was keep in the dark about that". what your are saying you didn't "know".

and for NATURAL light of the world, the sun and the moon as well as the stars was all created in the beginning, but was only made to shine or come forth on day four. God did not create the stars, the sun, and the moon on day four, only allowed them to shine on day four.

hoped this helped.

Last edited:

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
GINOLJC, good topic.

maybe i can help, the word "Light" is metaphorically used to "KNOW", and "saw" is metaphorically used to "understand". to see "Light" is to know and to understand. the darkness here in Genesis 1:3-5 is is metaphorically used to indicate the unknown or ignorance. Light reveals, as here in these verses, that which was unknown or unseen, (darkness, or invisible), now seen/saw (is made visible). scripture, Romans 1:19 & 20 "Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them. 20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse". to understand this use of darkness and Light metaphorically, example. say someone come to you and say, "did you hear what happen to so in so", and you might respond, "no I was keep in the dark about that". what your are saying you didn't "know".

and for NATURAL light of the world, the sun and the moon as well as the stars was all created in the beginning, but was only made to shine or come forth on day four. God did not create the stars, the sun, and the moon on day four, only allowed them to shine on day four.

hoped this helped.

todays or American use of the English language is irrelevant to understanding the translators selections of the British language in the late 1500 to early 1600, you need the full blown OED that covers what I referenced to. and translators don't use metaphors they translate word for word as much as the languages of Hebrew, Greek (in the case of NT), and Latin allowed, in the case of the Bible, or its not a translation.

Frank Lee

Feb 23, 2017
Ouachita Mountains
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I consider If Jesus is not going to be in this world then neither am I. He will never leave me nor forsake me He promised. Lo I am with you always. I imagine that some Persecuted Christians feel that it is night and they can't work. There is an account of a North Korean Christian man whose house was searched and a few scraps of paper with scripture references were found. His family was taken away and he never saw them again. He was also imprisoned.

Someone is killed every day for believing in Jesus. That's very dark.

Reactions: Helen

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
todays or American use of the English language is irrelevant to understanding the translators selections of the British language in the late 1500 to early 1600, you need the full blown OED that covers what I referenced to. and translators don't use metaphors they translate word for word as much as the languages of Hebrew, Greek (in the case of NT), and Latin allowed, in the case of the Bible, or its not a translation.
if this is correct, as you say, please give the correct translation of Genesis 1:1, I'll be waiting for that translation

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
if this is correct, as you say, please give the correct translation of Genesis 1:1, I'll be waiting for that translation

in the case of KJV and the many English translation that are based on the KJV, (not paraphrased scripture) it is correct, what's your problem over? common sense doesn't appeal to you? is everything a chess game of words for you entertainment?

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
in the case of KJV and the many English translation that are based on the KJV, (not paraphrased scripture) it is correct, what's your problem over? common sense doesn't appeal to you? is everything a chess game of words for you entertainment?
so that mean you can't play? I just asked for the the original translation of Genesis 1:1, but never mind.

good day

twinc

Apr 3, 2011
Faith
Country
United Kingdom
I agree with what someone posted(I can't remember who) that the creation is a revelation. I believe the physical account of the creation but there is no denying it is also a revelation.

[4] I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work. [5] As long as I am in the world, I am the light of the world.

Christ said "as long as I am in the world": is He not still in the world since we are called to be the light?

[8] If I ascend up into heaven, thou art there: if I make my bed in hell, behold, thou art there . [9] If I take the wings of the morning, and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea; [10] Even there shall thy hand lead me, and thy right hand shall hold me. [11] If I say, Surely the darkness shall cover me; even the night shall be light about me. [12] Yea, the darkness hideth not from thee; but the night shineth as the day: the darkness and the light are both alike to thee . [13] For thou hast possessed my reins: thou hast covered me in my mother's womb. [14] I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvellous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well. [15] My substance was not hid from thee, when I was made in secret, and curiously wrought in the lowest parts of the earth. [16] Thine eyes did see my substance, yet being unperfect; and in thy book all my members were written, which in continuance were fashioned, when as yet there was none of them.
View attachment 1031

notice that Jesus says as long as I am in the world, I am the light of the world and then later and right at the end, at Matt 28:20, He says I am with you always even to the end - it should be noted that mislead and misleading individuals apply this to themselves whereas it is addressed and applies to the Church - twinc

The days of creation I've placed on these memes or scrims as I refer to scripture memes. I'll post one a day for each h of the days of creation. I still find things in these first verses of Genesis I haven't noticed before.

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
View attachment 1031

The first 3 chapters of Genesis are amazing. Even the first one you can spend time on and still learn something.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Yes, for sure...that is the beauty of The Book...55 years later and still finding new and "alive" things in it!! ✟

Reactions: pia

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The first 3 chapters of Genesis are amazing. Even the first one you can spend time on and still learn something.
you're correct. just the first chapter alone I spent a year or two just finding out the basic, and still the Lord Jesus is revealing hidden information.

be blessed.

twinc

Apr 3, 2011
Faith
Country
United Kingdom
Yes, for sure...that is the beauty of The Book...55 years later and still finding new and "alive" things in it!! ✟

yes ! but alas 'ever learning but never coming to acknowledge the truth[2 Timothy 3:7]because much learning doth make one mad[Acts 26:24] - lets just simply simply believe[Jn 20:31] - twinc

epostle1

Sep 24, 2012
Essex
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
John begins with the words “In the beginning”. This immediately harkens us to the book of Genesis which opens with the same words. John then lays out a series of events in the life of Christ that mirror the Seven Days of Creation.

GENESIS 1:1-5 "In the beginning..."
JOHN 1:1 "In the beginning..."

GENESIS 1:1 "1:1 …God created the heavens and the earth...."
JOHN 1:3 All things were made through him [Jesus], and without him was not anything that was made.

DAY 1 Light is created.
Day 1: Christ is declared to be the light of the world.
Day 2: The waters are separated.
Day 2: Christ is baptized with water.
Day 3: Fruit bearing plants come into being.
Day 3: Christ’s ministry bears fruit as he acquires his first disciples.
Day 4: The Stars rule the heavens.
Day 4: Christ rules with his first command “follow me”.
Day 5: Birds and fish are created.
Day 5: Silence
Day 6: Adam and Eve created in marriage.
Day 6: A marriage feast is celebrated in Cana.
Day 7: Sabbath rest is established.
Day 7: Christ rests in Capernaum.

John transitions events with “the next day”. Stringing the “next days” together gives us seven days. However, in the middle of the week there is a hiccup. John moves from day four to the third day. In the Hebrew way of counting, he is moving from day four (inclusive) over day five (and thus the silence) into day six. This way of counting is why we say Christ was raised on the third day. Friday and Sunday are inclusive while Saturday is passed over.

The Seven Days of Creation in the Gospel of John

Last edited by a moderator: