Dear Daughter

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I saw her in the parking lot of the hospital. She was broken and beaten down by life, walking aimlessly, in a daze from all the disappointment. She carried all her possessions in a bag slung across her back. I don’t think she noticed me standing nearby but we could have been sisters. Her shoulders were slumped in defeat. She was tired of the battle. The woman’s hair was brittle and lifeless, her complexion dull; a result of her giving up on trying to appear “okay”. She no longer was consumed by what others might think but was fighting just to survive. All pretenses had been stripped away.

I could sense despair on her immediately. Her call for help went out like a siren, the cry of a woman in absolute distress.

The first time I saw her, there was this tremendous urge inside to cross the parking lot of the hospital and speak to her. I had no idea what I would say if I did cross the parking lot, so I gave into embarrassment and I ignored the prompting of the Spirit.

Later that evening I saw the woman again.
A second opportunity was given.

I crossed the parking lot and explained to her that I was having a bad day and thought, maybe, she was having a bad day too. I asked, “how are you?” and right there, as if overwhelmed by that simple question, the woman broke. She explained how she had lost her husband over a decade ago. He was a caring man, she explained. A good man. A man she had awakened to find lying dead next to her in her bed one morning, and after that, the woman’s life took a drastic turn. She said, “there are two types of men in life: the one that loves, values, and protects a woman. And then the other kind of man which uses a woman and abuses her and throws her away as if she is nothing more than trash.” She confided that she had experienced both types of men. The good man. And the man that destroys a woman for gain. She confided that she was hooked on heroin, became pregnant and was soon abandoned. Inside the hospital, in ICU, the woman’s infant fought to survive her mother’s bad decisions. The woman cried, held up her arms and cradled the emptiness, “and they won’t let me even hold my baby.” She went on, swearing, “If I could just get a break. One break in this world. If I could come into money… Or find a decent man… Or somewhere safe to live…” She continued naming all the things this world could possibly offer her and then everything in her life would be okay. But none of those things could fix her life. I interrupted her and said, “what you want is peace.”

The woman grew silent, then shook her head yes as tears ran down her cheeks.
She made a soft acknowledgement of, “yea, I want peace.”

Dear Daughter,

Regardless of what cruelty this world has shown you, you are loved. You have not been forgotten. I know your heart hurts. I know life has fell short of every expectation. But you are not one to give up. You have no idea how, but you always keep going. But today, your strength fails. What will you do? Where will you turn? Will you believe all those that convince you that this life is by chance and that you, my dear, happen to be one of the less-fortunate ones on the wrong side of luck? You have done despicable things that you would rather never mention to another soul. Things done in the dark. Things done in secret. Unforgiveable things, you think. You are used up and exhausted, because the chance of your luck ever changing for the better is slim to none. So why fight it? Why fight against that voice inside your head that tells you it hopeless?

You fight because, deep down, you know the voice is wrong.

Don’t you see, you are blessed. Don’t you see, He calls the broken, the abused, the weak, the oppressed—the sinner. He calls those that have no strength left. He calls those that need mercy. He calls those that desperately need grace. He calls someone like you. Someone like me. Will you believe all those that convince you that this life is by chance and that you, happen to be one of the less-fortunate ones on the wrong side of luck? You have done despicable things that you would rather never mention to another soul. Things done in the dark. Things done in secret. Unforgiveable things, you think. Don’t you see, daughter, you are one of the fortunate ones, that, not by chance…

You need a saviour.

There is nothing more powerful than love.
​VictoryinJesus

Reactions: Angelina