December 6, 2017 Trump's Announcement

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

liafailrock

Jul 4, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So, I'm surprised I did not see anything about this, at least not here in the current events. So, what say y'all? Whether the results will be good, bad or otherwise, I think its biblical prophecy being fulfilled and something to watch and pray over.... so we will be considered worthy to escape.... This is a historic day. 70 years.

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Could someone quote some verses regarding this moment?

To me, Jerusalem stands out as the Biblical capital of Israel, and have no idea why Tel Aviv is the current capital, but I would be interested to know, why is this such a significant event, with Trump recognizing Jerusalem as the capital of Israel? Where is the prophesies in the Bible for this? Can this event be pin pointed to a Biblical prophesy?

I would be interested to know.

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So, I'm surprised I did not see anything about this, at least not here in the current events. So, what say y'all? Whether the results will be good, bad or otherwise, I think its biblical prophecy being fulfilled and something to watch and pray over.... so we will be considered worthy to escape.... This is a historic day. 70 years.

I think it is good. It has certainly made all the right people angry in my book. It is just another step toward Israel being the land she was made to be by God. This recognition of Jerusalem being the capital makes nigh impossible for the Palestinians to have any hope for east Jerusalem as their capital. Which is what they want.

Stranger

Reactions: Helen

EndTimeWine

Nov 5, 2017
Albany
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I posted the report in general discussion , my bad. I am still getting familiar with the forum. It is just commonsense to recognize the obvious imo. Everyone else needs to get a grip on reality. Jerusalem is without a doubt Israel's Capital.

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

To me, Jerusalem stands out as the Biblical capital of Israel, and have no idea why Tel Aviv is the current capital, but I would be interested to know, why is this such a significant event, with Trump recognizing Jerusalem as the capital of Israel? Where is the prophesies in the Bible for this? Can this event be pin pointed to a Biblical prophesy?

Israel was cast out of the land in 721 and 586 B.C. They didn't really start trying to return till the early 20th century. They didn't have access to Jerusalem at that time. They founded Tel-Aviv around 1909 and it became a Jewish city. Thus it is no wonder it would be seen as the capital. It would not be until 1948 that Israel became a recognized nation and not until 1967 that she obtained access to all of Jerusalem in the 6 day war.

The regaining of Israel by the Jews is always a staged process. This recognition of Jerusalem is just another step towards Jerusalem no longer being trodden down by the Gentiles. (Luke 21:24) This recognition also is a step towards rebuilding the temple. It gives the Jews hope that they will one day be able to rebuild it and have the Dome of the Rock destroyed or moved.

Stranger

liafailrock

Jul 4, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Jeremiah 29:10 comes to mind as prophecy (like history) repeats itself. Anciently, Jew returned from the Babylonian captivity 70 years so that the land could enjoy her Sabbaths. In modern times, the Jews returned after a greater dispersion (which exceeded 70 years) so the symbolic 70 years came after the birth of the nation of Israel. I think it's more of a number stamp that shows God is behind it all. First the land, then the city, and the next will be the temple mount.

But there's more. It's one step closer to reestablishing Israel as a whole as prophesied (there's several passages where the prophets say they will come back to their land again). They want their temple and sacrifices again. In the time of the end this will happen and I see that forming as well, e.g. double the amount of Jews visiting the temple mount, all the temple objects and blueprints in place, training of the priests and so forth. While this looks good at the surface, it will pave a way for the false Messiah, the "man of sin" and the resulting in the abomination of desolation, Tribulation and finally the Day of the Lord. Their delusion of peace and safety will be broken. The real Messiah will come back again. Israel has to be in place (as in old times) for Messiah to come back. This is shown by both Paul and Jesus' mention of the temple, for example.

The thing to remember is although I personally believe this is historic, it's simply one piece of the bigger picture in establishing Israel for the end times. But it's a piece that facilitates IMO that establishment.

EndTimeWine

Nov 5, 2017
Albany
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jeremiah 29:10 comes to mind as prophecy (like history) repeats itself. Anciently, Jew returned from the Babylonian captivity 70 years so that the land could enjoy her Sabbaths. In modern times, the Jews returned after a greater dispersion (which exceeded 70 years) so the symbolic 70 years came after the birth of the nation of Israel. I think it's more of a number stamp that shows God is behind it all. First the land, then the city, and the next will be the temple mount.

But there's more. It's one step closer to reestablishing Israel as a whole as prophesied (there's several passages where the prophets say they will come back to their land again). They want their temple and sacrifices again. In the time of the end this will happen and I see that forming as well, e.g. double the amount of Jews visiting the temple mount, all the temple objects and blueprints in place, training of the priests and so forth. While this looks good at the surface, it will pave a way for the false Messiah, the "man of sin" and the resulting in the abomination of desolation, Tribulation and finally the Day of the Lord. Their delusion of peace and safety will be broken. The real Messiah will come back again. Israel has to be in place (as in old times) for Messiah to come back. This is shown by both Paul and Jesus' mention of the temple, for example.

The thing to remember is although I personally believe this is historic, it's simply one piece of the bigger picture in establishing Israel for the end times. But it's a piece that facilitates IMO that establishment.
Could not have said it better myself. MIC DROP!

liafailrock

Jul 4, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Now for a funny mention. Some of us look for things like this and signs of prophecy for a long time and even telling others that fell on deaf ears. Then, you will have those who will criticize this whole ordeal. These critics, if asked a month ago, knew nothing about Israel and what has been going on there for years. Oblivious and unlearned (the same deaf ears). But then, because Trump did this and there's cries of war, "all of a sudden" these same critics will become experts on Israel and shoot off their opinions. As a matter of fact, they may even tell those who have been watching this for years to shut up because they don't know what they are talking about! Always the case! LOL :D

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Why does Israel need the input of another nation or the U.N to tell them what they already declared by their own laws? Is America Israel's daddy? What would be the significance of the U.S embassy moving to Jerusalem beyond it provoking hot heads within the region to potential conflict?

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why does Israel need the input of another nation or the U.N to tell them what they already declared by their own laws? Is America Israel's daddy? What would be the significance of the U.S embassy moving to Jerusalem beyond it provoking hot heads within the region to potential conflict?

Because Israel is not a nation like any other nation. Israel's history has God as its Founding Father. And God has set the Gentile nations over Israel at this time due to her rebellion against Him. Thus when it came time for God to bring the Jews back to Israel, the recognition by England to establish Palestine as the national home for the Jews was necessary just as the declaration by the U.N. that Israel was a nation. All of these moves are met with violence by the Arab peoples.

Though Israel obtained Jerusalem in the 6 day war of 1967, the city is still divided between the Palestinians and Jews. The Palestinians hope for a state of their own with east Jerusalem as their captial. So Trump recognizing Jerusalem as the capital of Israel will encourage other countries to do the same, and diminish the possibility of a continued divided city.

This confrontation over Jerusalem and land boundaries will continue until Armageddon, because Jerusalem shall be trodden down by the Gentiles until the time of the Gentiles be fulfilled. (Luke 21:24)

Stranger

Reactions: liafailrock

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Because Israel is not a nation like any other nation. Israel's history has God as its Founding Father. And God has set the Gentile nations over Israel at this time due to her rebellion against Him.

Every nation on earth has God as its founder if I am to believe your interpretation of Romans 13, so that's not saying much in of itself for me.

Thus when it came time for God to bring the Jews back to Israel, the recognition by England to establish Palestine as the national home for the Jews was necessary just as the declaration by the U.N. that Israel was a nation. All of these moves are met with violence by the Arab peoples.

Though Israel obtained Jerusalem in the 6 day war of 1967, the city is still divided between the Palestinians and Jews. The Palestinians hope for a state of their own with east Jerusalem as their captial. So Trump recognizing Jerusalem as the capital of Israel will encourage other countries to do the same, and diminish the possibility of a continued divided city.

This confrontation over Jerusalem and land boundaries will continue until Armageddon, because Jerusalem shall be trodden down by the Gentiles until the time of the Gentiles be fulfilled. (Luke 21:24)

Stranger

According to Revelation 11, the confrontation over the land ends the day the temple is built, or more specifically, the day the beast declares himself god. At this point, the Arab's, or the nations surrounding Israel are never stated to be a problem at all. They will be licking his boots like the rest of the world anyway. The hard headed, the ones who currently hate Israel, will get curb stomped (or roasted alive to be exact) once they realize the beast is not one to be trifled with, or one they can make war with. There is a very good reason why John wondered if there is anyone that could. To me, this clearly shows that there won't be any disputes, saber rattling, or protests in the streets over what belongs to Israel and what doesn't. Armageddon is never stated to be about land boundaries, but about the beast performing miracles to gather the entire world against God only to get its teeth kicked. The confrontation is with God, not with the Jews over a piece of real estate. I never saw the battle of Armageddon to be anything more than that.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
This recognition of Jerusalem is just another step towards Jerusalem no longer being trodden down by the Gentiles. (Luke 21:24) This recognition also is a step towards rebuilding the temple. It gives the Jews hope that they will one day be able to rebuild it and have the Dome of the Rock destroyed or moved.
i wouldn't be counting my chickens just yet lol, and imo the rest of you who normally show some sense should be ashamed here; you know better than to condone any rebuilding of any physical temple. Or at least one would have thought

the whole point is to stir up unrest, and distract
and i'll pay 5:1 in BTC to anyone cares to bet for the embassy being a reality in 1 year from today

Reactions: Armadillo

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

I agree with Stranger and other who agree.
For me it is a good thing...And not before time...well over due.....as we know, other presidents have 'said' that they will do just that...but have run scared of "the powers that be" ( George Sorus probably..etc) ..and they did not put their 'money where their mouth is'. Did nothing.
It is not before time...And as Stranger said...'It is making the right people angry'. :)

Jerusalem IS the capital...have any of us really doubted that? :cool:
The proverbial "They" have had things their way for far too long...

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I agree with Stranger and other who agree.
For me it is a good thing...And not before time...well over due.....as we know, other presidents have 'said' that they will do just that...but have run scared of "the powers that be" ( George Sorus probably..etc) ..and they did not put their 'money where their mouth is'. Did nothing.
It is not before time...And as Stranger said...'It is making the right people angry'. :)

Jerusalem IS the capital...have any of us really doubted that? :cool:
The proverbial "They" have had things their way for far too long...

"The powers that be"?

Weren't you the one claiming that the only real power over world affairs is God? What is there for a presidents to be "running scared" from if Romans 13 is all about governments being God's ministers to start with? I'm seeing a ton of contradictions from people here concerning this issue.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
k, just don't forget that "they" have already tried this maneuver via Crusades, etc, and this is just the latest little salvo.
care for some of that 5:1?

One of the things we will never agree upon :D