Delirious?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Tama

Jun 7, 2007
I went to Delirious concert here in ATL, and fell in love with their song "Miracle Maker" It flipped my heart upside down. . . If you find it onli - Listen to it
smile.gif

Tama

Jun 7, 2007
(Biblical Tetragramaton;11453)
Faulty poll.
The poll is to see how you, as a chtisitan look at the music and it's effect on your relationship with God.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
Hi TamaI dont think I have had a chance to welcome you to CB. So I will do so now welcome aboard! I didnt answer your pole because I dont really listen to much music so have no opinion. But dont feel bad if few reply for some reason people on this site dont seem to like polls of any kind they seldom respond to any subject. So dont take it personal. We are glad to have you here. Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions. God Blesskriss

Tama

Jun 7, 2007
Well, that particular person had a negative reply on few of my postings
smile.gif
It's ok. Thank you for welcoming me. First offical welcome comment
smile.gif
God bless you!

betchevy

Jan 7, 2007
Tama, I will answer and would like to tell you of my relaionship iwh tGod and hwo music has played a big role also... I love the music of Sarah Groves and especially the song Faithful... I had an accident in 01 and was in a wheelchair for a bit, after the surgery and the scars , and my so called friends desertion, her song and God's love were what kept me going... I also am a dance teacher, Israeli folk dance and to be in a cicle with a group of women that are dancing for God and to God with their whole heart spirits and bodies is one of the most amazing expeiences I have ever had... I have looked down to see if my feet were still on the ground... I love all kinds of music from classical to Big Daddy Weave...and I think God does too..

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think music is much like anything else, it can be used and abused. I'm a big fan of the sound of a guitar. Oftentimes, I don't like the words so much as the melody of a song. I listen to a lot of "secular" music but I also have my favorites of the some of the old hymns. For the secular music, I can get lost in some of the guitar work. It helps me to concentrate. I often listen to rock while reading or working. Of course, Biblically, we have the book of Psalms alongside the Song of Solomon. Then there's the Song of Moses and so on.Ephesians 5:19Speaking to yourselves in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody in your heart to the Lord;There's nothing wrong with a good song!However, I think we have to be careful as with anything else. There is good and bad out there. There are people in it for the money, and there are people out there who truly want to bring the message of God. I have a cousin who dated a member of the rock group Emory. That's the only reason I had ever heard of them (this was before they were on the top charts nationally). They have as about a head-banging type of music as you'll find. I'm admittedly not a huge fan, but they carry a Christian message that might plant that seed with one person.It's like anything else. We're called to discern from the fruit that they produce. Is it good or bad? Therein lies the answer.

Jon-Marc

Jun 8, 2007
Jacumba, CA
As a soloist in my church, I find music very edifying, encouraging, uplifting, and downright enjoyable. I am, of course, referring to music that glorifies my Lord and Saviour. I do listen to non-gospel music, big band music, waltzes, Lawrence Welk (for those who will admit to being old enough to remember him--I'm 61), but none of those uplift me like something that reminds me of my home in heaven and what my blessed Saviour did and does for me. I LOVE songs about heaven.

Tama

Jun 7, 2007
(betchevy;11538)
Her song and God's love were what kept me going...
Praise God. Music tunes my heart for conversations with God in prayers and just plain devotional time (quiet moments or Bibke reading). It actually helps me repent (softens my heart) and helps me realize how great God is!

DonaldJamesParker

Jul 7, 2007
I have read some research. Music not only impacts the mood of humans but also impacts plants and animals and even non-living things. Hard rock music will kill. I really believe that the world of music is one of those untapped areas that hide many facts about God. Another experiement has shown that the DNA of living things seems to have a muscial sequence to it. When God spoke the world into existence, it is possible he sang it in (I believe that is how it happened in the Chronicles of Narnia??) Don

rencal

Jul 8, 2007
I have not heard this song but have heard Delirious and love the message and the style.My new Favourite song this week anyway is Who am I by Casting Crowns.

Tama

Jun 7, 2007
(rencal;13209)
I have not heard this song but have heard Delirious and love the message and the style.My new Favourite song this week anyway is Who am I by Casting Crowns.
I love that song !!!! My fave song this week is Made to love - Toby Mac (no I'm not weird) lol

jodycour

Jun 4, 2007
Natchitoches, La
Oh Tama, I love Delerious, I just saw them in concert in Dallas, Tx. a couple of months back I love there new C.D. Mission BellMusic really helps me pray and Worship God and assist in getting me into His throne room to dance before Him!

tim_from_pa

Jul 11, 2007
Hi Tama:Yes, I listened to "Miracle Maker" on my Rhapsody player. Very deep and thought-provoking song that puts one in the mood for worship.

RND

May 30, 2007
(DonaldJamesParker;13157)
I have read some research. Music not only impacts the mood of humans but also impacts plants and animals and even non-living things. Hard rock music will kill. I really believe that the world of music is one of those untapped areas that hide many facts about God. Another experiement has shown that the DNA of living things seems to have a muscial sequence to it. When God spoke the world into existence, it is possible he sang it in (I believe that is how it happened in the Chronicles of Narnia??) Don
I am on the same page with you brother.Satan was in charge of music in the Heavenly sanctuary and it was part if His worship to God.Ezekiel 28:13 Thou hast been in Eden the garden of God; every precious stone [was] thy covering, the sardius, topaz, and the diamond, the beryl, the onyx, and the jasper, the sapphire, the emerald, and the carbuncle, and gold:
the workmanship of thy tabrets and of thy pipes was prepared in thee in the day that thou wast created.
Music it the only vehicle by which a man that does not desire anything from Satan can still be influenced by Satan. Rat poison is 97% good incredients that are good to eat and only 3% of it is fatal.This is the same danger of CCM. Is some of it meant to be good? Is some of it meant to be wholesome? Is the road to hell paved with good intentions?

jodycour

Jun 4, 2007
Natchitoches, La
I guess we will have to throw out all of the Psalms, and I guess King David won't be aloud in Heaven because he allowed music to decieve him.That is so absurd RND!

Tama

Jun 7, 2007
(jodycour;13716)
I guess we will have to throw out all of the Psalms, and I guess King David won't be aloud in Heaven because he allowed music to decieve him.That is so absurd RND!
I agree with Jody. God chose His nation (Israel) knowing that they will Praise Him with loud music and dancing. When God was wondering in the desert and found Israel - he fell in love with Her, didn't he know that they are the 'dancing' nation? Of course He knew. But he still chose her as His beloved. And he was pleased with David's heart. Called him his favorite. David was a dancing worshipper.

RND

May 30, 2007
(jodycour;13716)
That is so absurd RND!
Depensing with the generalities seems simply. Specifically, what's absurd?