Deliver me from bloodguiltiness, O God, thou God of my salvation:

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Bloodguiltiness …I’ve never paid attention to this ‘Bloodguiltiness’ but it seems important. Especially in the context of the psalm which sounds like an urgent cry unto God for salvation; deliverance from ‘Bloodguiltiness’

Psalm 51:14 : Deliver me from bloodguiltiness, O God, the God of my salvation; Then my tongue will joyfully sing of Your righteousness.

Hebrews 12:3 : For consider Him who has endured such hostility by sinners against Himself, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart.

Hebrews 12:4 : You have not yet resisted to the point of shedding blood in your striving against sin;

what is ‘Bloodguiltiness’?

Last edited:
Reactions: marks

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Bloodguiltiness …I’ve never paid attention to this ‘Bloodguiltiness’ but it seems important. Especially in the context of the psalm which sounds like an urgent cry unto God for salvation; deliverance from ‘Bloodguiltiness’

2sa 11:14 And it came to pass in the morning, that David wrote a letter to Joab, and sent it by the hand of Uriah.

2sa 11:15 And he wrote in the letter, saying, Set ye Uriah in the forefront of the hottest battle, and retire ye from him, that he may be smitten, and die.

2sa 11:16 And it came to pass, when Joab observed the city, that he assigned Uriah unto a place where he knew that valiant men were.

2sa 11:17 And the men of the city went out, and fought with Joab: and there fell some of the people of the servants of David; and Uriah the Hittite died also

2sa 12:7 And Nathan said to David...

2sa 12:9 Wherefore hast thou despised the commandment of the LORD, to do evil in his sight? thou hast killed Uriah the Hittite with the sword, and hast taken his wife to be thy wife, and hast slain him with the sword of the children of Ammon.

Ps 51:1To the chief Musician, A Psalm of David, when Nathan the prophet came unto him, after he had gone in to Bathsheba. Have mercy upon me, O God, according to thy lovingkindness: according unto the multitude of thy tender mercies blot out my transgressions.
Exo 20:13 Thou shalt not killL

Lev 24:21... and he that killeth a man, he shall be put to death.

Ps 51:14Deliver me from bloodguiltiness, O God, thou God of my salvation: and my tongue shall sing aloud of thy righteousness.
2sa 12:13And David said unto Nathan, I have sinned against the LORD. And Nathan said unto David, The LORD also hath put away thy sin; thou shalt not die.
2sa 12:14Howbeit, because by this deed thou hast given great occasion to the enemies of the LORD to blaspheme, the child also that is born unto thee shall surely die.

Last edited:

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
2sa 11:14 And it came to pass in the morning, that David wrote a letter to Joab, and sent it by the hand of Uriah.

2sa 11:15 And he wrote in the letter, saying, Set ye Uriah in the forefront of the hottest battle, and retire ye from him, that he may be smitten, and die.

2sa 11:16 And it came to pass, when Joab observed the city, that he assigned Uriah unto a place where he knew that valiant men were.

2sa 11:17 And the men of the city went out, and fought with Joab: and there fell some of the people of the servants of David; and Uriah the Hittite died also

2sa 12:7 And Nathan said to David...

2sa 12:9 Wherefore hast thou despised the commandment of the LORD, to do evil in his sight? thou hast killed Uriah the Hittite with the sword, and hast taken his wife to be thy wife, and hast slain him with the sword of the children of Ammon.

Ps 51:1To the chief Musician, A Psalm of David, when Nathan the prophet came unto him, after he had gone in to Bathsheba. Have mercy upon me, O God, according to thy lovingkindness: according unto the multitude of thy tender mercies blot out my transgressions.
Exo 20:13 Thou shalt not killL

Lev 24:21... and he that killeth a man, he shall be put to death.

Ps 51:14Deliver me from bloodguiltiness, O God, thou God of my salvation: and my tongue shall sing aloud of thy righteousness.
2sa 12:13And David said unto Nathan, I have sinned against the LORD. And Nathan said unto David, The LORD also hath put away thy sin; thou shalt not die.
2sa 12:14Howbeit, because by this deed thou hast given great occasion to the enemies of the LORD to blaspheme, the child also that is born unto thee shall surely die.
Thank you for connecting those. It helps.

It makes me think of Paul too when the blood of Stephen was shed?
Acts 22:19-20 KJV - 19 And I said, Lord, they know that I imprisoned and beat in every synagogue them that believed on thee:
20 And when the blood of thy martyr Stephen was shed, I also was standing by, and consenting unto his death, and kept the raiment of them that slew him.

Reactions: marks and amadeus

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you for connecting those. It helps.

It makes me think of Paul too when the blood of Stephen was shed?
Acts 22:19-20 KJV - 19 And I said, Lord, they know that I imprisoned and beat in every synagogue them that believed on thee:
20 And when the blood of thy martyr Stephen was shed, I also was standing by, and consenting unto his death, and kept the raiment of them that slew him.
Even so...

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

Psalm 51:14 : Deliver me from bloodguiltiness, O God, the God of my salvation; Then my tongue will joyfully sing of Your righteousness.

Hebrews 12:3 : For consider Him who has endured such hostility by sinners against Himself, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart.

Hebrews 12:4 : You have not yet resisted to the point of shedding blood in your striving against sin;

It seems David's chickens have come home to roost re his conscience. He was a multi murderer. Do you recall the account of the Women singing when both David and Saul were returning from their battles? ' Saul has slain his thousands but David his tens of thousands' (1 Samuel 21:11)

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It seems David's chickens have come home to roost re his conscience. He was a multi murderer. Do you recall the account of the Women singing when both David and Saul were returning from their battles? ' Saul has slain his thousands but David his tens of thousands' (1 Samuel 21:11)
I wasn’t criticizing Saul. Or David. More so I was considering the “Bloodguiltiness” and where Christ said you have not yet strived against blood. Maybe it is pointless thought but I was thinking of Jesus Christ was before going to be crucified to endure such hostility by sinners against himself, when His sweat turn to drops of blood that fell to the ground.

Last edited:
Reactions: amadeus and marks