Denominations are us.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Rollo Tamasi

Aug 28, 2017
Inverness, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So no one wants to reveal what denomination they are.
I thought they'd be proud of it.
I can't get away from it.
After 33 1/2 years, I'm back to the Baptist church again.
I came to realize there is really not much wrong with Baptist doctrine compared to some of the other denominations, but the big problem is the ability of people to move up in the church and make it the way they want it to be, regardless of what Scripture says, which most of them don't know anyway.
So if I had to say I was a denomination, and I would really hate to do that, but I guess I am in more agreement and fellowship with Southern Baptists more than any other.

And don't ask me all them Southern Baptist Convention rules either, because I only know some of them.
Besides, following Southern Convention Rules is only an option for Southern Baptist churches, that why so many variations.

I go to the Cowboy church, and there are many of them in the South.
It is based on Southern Baptist.
They share a church with The Shepherd's way, a Southern Baptist church.
My buddy is pastor of both, that's why I came along with him, and he has told both groups many times that he is not a Southern Baptist and he won't run it like a Baptist church.
They play Cowboy Music 3 times a week, and they preach the Gospel of Jesus Christ to get people saved.
Then we hope they will stay so we can disciple them to be strong Christians.

Good church, and we as a group agree on what needs to be done.

How about your denomination?
Good bad or ugly, and what difference can you make to them be better.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I truly don't have one, although in the past I have. I started as a Catholic. The only other one was the UPC [United Pentecostal Church] along with a couple of other Oneness Jesus Only groups which I left for the last time in 1987. Since then I have attended two different non-denominational assemblies that fellowship with other assemblies all over the United States as well as other countries, but without an official name or any central headquarters or any set of beliefs that everyone within always follows. The closest bond expected but not always realized is found in the charity/love of I Corinthians chapter 13.

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I came to realize there is really not much wrong with Baptist doctrine compared to some of the other denominations, but the big problem is the ability of people to move up in the church and make it the way they want it to be, regardless of what Scripture says, which most of them don't know anyway.
So if I had to say I was a denomination, and I would really hate to do that, but I guess I am in more agreement and fellowship with Southern Baptists more than any other.

And don't ask me all them Southern Baptist Convention rules either, because I only know some of them.
Besides, following Southern Convention Rules is only an option for Southern Baptist churches, that why so many variations.

My buddy is pastor of both, that's why I came along with him, and he has told both groups many times that he is not a Southern Baptist and he won't run it like a Baptist church.
They play Cowboy Music 3 times a week, and they preach the Gospel of Jesus Christ to get people saved.

I figured you could read my Signature.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Wow-yes, yes, yes! Are we related?
My local body: http://www.cazchurch.com/ Love and miss them so much...will be back on BOTH feet by Tuesday on next week!!!! YAY!

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
As for me...I don't have one...but been in and out of a few...mostly free church.
Charismatic by experience.

But as of the last decade...I am out of the Church system.
Too much control ...and they are top heavy with rules and regulations which = religion ...for me.

But hey, more power to the elbow of those who are happy in theirs. :)

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Do you enjoy pointing out others hypocrisy?

Just curious..
ah, i guess it reads that way? But i assume that Rollo just miswrote, or wrote shorthand-ish--i do it alla time myself--and can resolve the dichotomy tbh. Granted i am weird, but i would appreciate it if you do the same for me
iow if there is a better way to present that in your opinion, i'm open to hearing it. Posting both reflections with no commentary seemed to work better than even "can you resolve these two for me please?" believe it or not

iow anything i do to soften the question just comes out...patronizing or something? Just wiped a half hour reply to JiF for this, arg. Need to use 3rd person i guess, dunno how

Reactions: amadeus and Nancy
B

brakelite

Started life out Catholic. Eduecated Catholic schools. Played rugby Catholic clubs. Drank at Catholic pubs.
Saved at 24, returned to the Catholic church, twice. Then Presbyterian for a few weeks. I was looking for a church that had people who understood what I had experienced...receiving Jesus and being created aa new creature. The priest I spoke to of my conversion looked like he had just swallowed a lemon. The pastor at the Prwbyterian church was the father of the girl who had witnessed to me,...but he was the youngest person in his church. So his daughter and I visited the local AOG. That was an eye-opener...but the young people there made us both very welcome and we made instant friends. I stayed in that denomination (in three different cities) for about ten years.
Now I'm Seventh Day Adventist. Been so for over 20 years. Never been more at peace.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't have a problem with acknowledging that there's different denominations at all. We do each have different views than each other, and it's silly to pretend that isn't a fact. Though, it's equally silly to attack each other for it. Also, an individual views than the official explanation of it (of maybe even just explain the same thing differently). Let us all get along in love, while not hiding what each of us believes or minimizing it (that goes for both similarities and differences).

Oh yeah- forgot to answer the question-- I'm LDS/Mormon.

marksman

My eldest granddaughter showing the result of her
Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
As for me...I don't have one...but been (NTC) in and out of a few...mostly free church.
Charismatic by experience.

But as of the last decade...I am out of the Church system.
Too much control ...and they are top heavy with rules and regulations which = religion ...for me.

But hey, more power to the elbow of those who are happy in theirs. :)

I was ruined when I decided to do an in depth study of the New Testament Church (NTC). Discovered a lot which I have never heard of before. Discovered that the church as we know it is nothing like the NTC. Contacted a few denominational leaders to ask pertinent questions. Everyone replied "Yes but...."

Shared a few ideas around the local church. Everyone rejected.

So where do we go from here? Stew in the pew or branch out and start a NTC. Decided on the latter. I was asked what my vision was. To reproduce New Testament living and multiply and divide and multiply and divide. Expand church in the home one by one with never more than 30 people in each one. Come together occasionally as one church in each town.

And most important. Let the Holy Spirit direct our lives and ministry so that it will truly be "His Church" not ours.

Pray for us.