Dental Disease?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I know it's late, but I was just wondering if you guys would know what makes it feel so weird when I run my tongue over one of my teeth as it feels sort of fuzzy. I'm going to the dentist soon anyways, but I'm just curious if anybody here would know.

Mantis

Nov 2, 2020
The wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Brush those things lol. It’s probably just tartar or plaque or whatever. Usually brushes off.

I grind the teeth right out of my skull. Not to long ago I broke a tooth in half eating a hazel nut. I couldn’t believe it. Very painful situation. I can’t say this enough: thank God for dentists and dentistry. We’d all be dead at forty without them.

Shattered

Mar 25, 2021
Western United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This isn't necessarily indicative of the presence of disease. Plaque is formed when bacteria in the mouth interact with sugars and starches on teeth. However, over time plaque contributes to the buildup of tartar which damages tooth enamel; this leads to cavities. If these conditions persist and aren't addressed, they can eventually lead to the development of dental disease (like gum disease).

Reactions: April_Rose

Shattered

Mar 25, 2021
Western United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm of the opinion that our dental maladies have to do with the modern diet which is rich in starches and sugars. Because of this, and the fact that we can't exactly forage for nuts and berries (lol) these days, I recommend brushing twice a day, flossing, and taking it easy with sodas, candy, and whatnot.

Shattered

Mar 25, 2021
Western United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just get rid of sugar period.
Bad news.
How sweet it isn't.
Poison it is.
Hugs

It's tough but this is good advice. Tough because most of us were raised on a sugary diet and there's nothing quite like high fructose corn syrup (HFCS) to play havoc with our bodies. The reason why HFCS supplanted sugar? It's cheaper to produce and is sweeter than sugar. Sugar is a drug and is addictive! Animals can become addicted to sugar and so can we. Terrible stuff.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's tough but this is good advice. Tough because most of us were raised on a sugary diet and there's nothing quite like high fructose corn syrup (HFCS) to play havoc with our bodies. The reason why HFCS supplanted sugar? It's cheaper to produce and is sweeter than sugar. Sugar is a drug and is addictive! Animals can become addicted to sugar and so can we. Terrible stuff.

HFCS is poison, never eat it. It is very addictive, much more so than other forms of sugar.

The beautiful thing is, depending on the person, in a couple of weeks to a couple of months after you STOP EATING processed white sugar, and processed white flour, your deadened sense of taste returns.

If you've been eating a regular diet of white sugar and white flour, you may not realize what things taste like. When I make the change, I was amazed!

Without that garbage in the system, simple natural foods taste wonderful!

Much love!

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I know it's late, but I was just wondering if you guys would know what makes it feel so weird when I run my tongue over one of my teeth as it feels sort of fuzzy. I'm going to the dentist soon anyways, but I'm just curious if anybody here would know.

it sounds to me like worn enamel. Do you brush your teeth vigorously? You are not supposed to press hard while brushing.

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I created a thread somewhere called: How sweet it is.

I am disabled due to sugar mostly and poor diet.
Sugar crystals scratch the inside of your arteries. These tiny microscopic scratches catch cholesterol passing through and promotes the buildup of plaque in your arteries. After some time that cholesterol becomes a solid blockage.

I have a blockage in my Aorta. The main artery that runs from the heart to the legs.
The blockage is just beneath my belly button. And it restricts blood flow to the legs.
The body is pretty creative though. It made little new peripheal veins to move the blood along.
I can walk somewhat. But the legs begin to cramp and it feels like walking through wet cement. quick sand.

I cut out all sugar about 8 years ago? I don't know.. time flies, somewhere around there.
I was only walking 10 feet intervals when it first happened. Now I can walk about 300 feet.

They have an operation that removes the blocked part and replaces it with a tube.
They said I would die if I didn't.
I didn't.
I just cut out sugar, began eating more healthy, and started walking best I could daily.

I had to research most this stuff by myself. Doctors are clueless. And they just rather get 400,000 dollars for cutting you open.
None mentioned diet, or exercise.. nope cut and replace theory.

Anywho..
try your best to be mindful how much sugars is in your food.
So many different names hidden in the ingredients.
Like salt, sodium..
these people are sneaky and evil.

The 56 Most Common Names for Sugar
Most added sugars and sweeteners contain both glucose and fructose.

Here are a few examples:

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just get rid of sugar period.

Umm,.. yeah,.. not going to happen. XD

it sounds to me like worn enamel. Do you brush your teeth vigorously? You are not supposed to press hard while brushing.

Yeah, that's probably one of my issues, but thanks everybody for all of the responses and advice, I really appreciate it. :)

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I created a thread somewhere called: How sweet it is.

I am disabled due to sugar mostly and poor diet.
Sugar crystals scratch the inside of your arteries. These tiny microscopic scratches catch cholesterol passing through and promotes the buildup of plaque in your arteries. After some time that cholesterol becomes a solid blockage.

I have a blockage in my Aorta. The main artery that runs from the heart to the legs.
The blockage is just beneath my belly button. And it restricts blood flow to the legs.
The body is pretty creative though. It made little new peripheal veins to move the blood along.
I can walk somewhat. But the legs begin to cramp and it feels like walking through wet cement. quick sand.

I cut out all sugar about 8 years ago? I don't know.. time flies, somewhere around there.
I was only walking 10 feet intervals when it first happened. Now I can walk about 300 feet.

They have an operation that removes the blocked part and replaces it with a tube.
They said I would die if I didn't.
I didn't.
I just cut out sugar, began eating more healthy, and started walking best I could daily.

I had to research most this stuff by myself. Doctors are clueless. And they just rather get 400,000 dollars for cutting you open.
None mentioned diet, or exercise.. nope cut and replace theory.

Anywho..
try your best to be mindful how much sugars is in your food.
So many different names hidden in the ingredients.
Like salt, sodium..
these people are sneaky and evil.

The 56 Most Common Names for Sugar
Most added sugars and sweeteners contain both glucose and fructose.

Here are a few examples:

refined sugars and all those highly processed foods are the worst thing ever made . They did it to increase sales by increasing taste .
But its a deadly killer . That sugar can shut down the kids real quick . And i dont mean kids as in children
i mean the kidneys and who knows what else . make that ol ticker tick a bit harder and does some serious damage .
April better cut that sugar outta that diet . but while we are at it , i would cut out all processed foods .
OH and one more thing . And this is of dire upmost importance . PRAISE THE GLORIOUS LORD . Yeah
there is no such thing as too much praise to the LORD . SO leap up , ZIGGY and praise the KING . And if ya cant leap up
well praise Him anyway . You are loved and shall be prayed for as well .

Reactions: Ziggy

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
and watch out for teeth whiteners . Yeah , they aint as healthy as ya think .
Some folks swish peroxide or even a bit of apple cider vinegar. But that acid eats away the enamel .
There is also one more thing that i need not fail to mention . And that is simply this ,
LET ALL THAT HAS BREATH JUST LEAP UP AND PRAISE THE GLORIOUS LORD .
Turn this place into a festival of praise and thanksgiving unto the LORD . YEP .

Reactions: Ziggy