Desiring God Alone

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

T

TravisT

I find satisfaction in many things in life but not as an end in itself. Everything I find satisfaction in points me to my creator. Just as I desire many different things but as a means to an end. :Looking for satisfaction and desire in finite things will always leave us wanting. True satisfaction and desire can only be filled by an Infinite God.

"It would seem that Our Lord finds our desires not too strong, but too weak. We are half-hearted creatures, fooling about with drink and sex and ambition when infinite joy is offered us, like an ignorant child who wants to go on making mud pies in a slum because he cannot imagine what is meant by the offer of a holiday at the sea. We are far too easily pleased." C.S. Lewis, The Weight of Glory.

Albert Finch

Apr 13, 2009
Houston, Texas USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Exodus 16:4 - "Then said the Lord unto Moses, Behold, I will rain bread from heaven for you; and the people shall go out and gather a certain rate every day, that I may prove them, whether they will walk in my law or no."

God did not give the children of Israel the heavenly manna until they exhausted the flour brought from Egypt. Ths bread of angels is disagreeable to the palate of anyone who wants to taste human food.

Persons feeding on other strange tastes not only become incapable of the divine spirit, but are not satisfied with God alone but entertain a desire and affection for other things.

ALBERT FINCH MINISTRY