Destuction of Damasscus??

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
On last weeks Hal Lindsey's show he was sayingsomething about the current events in the mideast possiably culminating in Isaiah's prophecy about the destuction of Damasscus which could be the prelude to the nations lining up (according to prophcey) for the battle of Ezek.38 & 39 anyone have any thoughts about this?

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm a firm believer that those prophecies regarding Damascus have yet to be fulfilled simply because they speak of ruin and utter destruction:Isaiah 17:1The burden of Damascus. Behold, Damascus is taken away from being a city, and it shall be a ruinous heap.Damascus is the oldest continually inhabited city in the world. It has changed owners and has seen battles in the past, but it's still a city to this day. Clearly, the Bible speaks of something that won't be there anymore, only a ruinous heap.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
yeah, I agree and according to Hal Syria is missing from the Ezek.38&39 verses

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
I heard that today hezbolla launced another longer range missile into Israel. the Israeli cabinet was going to have a meeting about it tonight,I found it interesting considering what Hal Lindsey said that the last remark of the reporter was Israel wouldnt fall into a trap of bombing Damasscus.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
A thought occured to me this morning concering Damasscus Syria. If as reported most of the insurgents in Iraq come thru Syria,and most of the weapons provided to Hezzbolla(by Iran) come thru Syria. Could it not be argued that destroying Damasscus could go along way in solving the problems for the United States and Israel. Isaiah 17:1"The burden of Damascus. Behold, Damascus is taken away from being a city, and it shall be a ruinous heap."