Did God become human or was a human made God?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The more I read the Bible the more I think it is portraying 2 persons...one divine and one human. Completely separate from each other as entities. However, the human entity went through a transformation after his God raised him from the dead. He still today, claims to have a God but is now our God via the Col 2:9 effect on his resurrected body. Jesus "God's us" via the full indwelling of his God inside himself.

Titus

Feb 5, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God of the Bible is referred to as nothing greater.
No man can be greater all knowing, than other men.

Reactions: Truther

Titus

Feb 5, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
One of the most mysterious things in scripture indeed…
God has always existed. He had to become human.
A human cannot always exist. So a human cannot become God. That would mean God had a beginning, therefore God was a created being.
John 1:14 - The Word(God) became flesh

Reactions: mailmandan

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The more I read the Bible the more I think it is portraying 2 persons...one divine and one human. Completely separate from each other as entities.
And I believe that you would be correct.....

Matthew 24:36....concerning his return Jesus said...
“But concerning that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, nor the Son, but the Father only."
How does God keep things from himself?

Luke 22:41-42...on the night of Jesus' arrest....
"And he withdrew from them about a stone's throw, and knelt down and prayed, 42 saying, “Father, if you are willing, remove this cup from me. Nevertheless, not my will, but yours, be done.”
Can God's will be divided between parts of himself?

John 14:28...
"You heard me say to you, ‘I am going away and I am coming back to you.’ If you loved me, you would be glad that I am going to the Father, because the Father is greater than I am."
The Father was always "greater" because he is the God worshipped by the entire heavenly family.

Even in heaven the Father is the God of Jesus...
Rev 3:12...
"The one who conquers I will make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he will never depart from it. I will write on him the name of my God and the name of the city of my God (the new Jerusalem that comes down out of heaven from my God), and my new name as well. "

However, the human entity went through a transformation after his God raised him from the dead. He still today, claims to have a God but is now our God via the Col 2:9 effect on his resurrected body. Jesus "God's us" via the full indwelling of his God inside himself.
The Greek word (the·oʹtes), used at Col 2:9, (which occurs only here in the Christian Scriptures) is derived from the Greek word for “god,” the·osʹ, but is different in meaning. Many lexicons give such definitions as “divine character; divine nature; divinity.” The term was used by ancient Greek writers to describe a quality or condition that could be obtained or lost as a result of one’s behavior. Obviously, then, such a term was applied to created beings and not exclusively to the Almighty. So there is solid basis for rendering the·oʹtes to refer to a divine quality rather than to God himself.

Another related word "theios" is seen at 2 Peter 1:3-4...
"His divine power (theios dynamis) has granted to us all things that pertain to life and godliness, through the knowledge of him who called us to his own glory and excellence, 4 by which he has granted to us his precious and very great promises, so that through them you may become partakers of the divine nature, (theios physis) having escaped from the corruption that is in the world because of sinful desire."

Bible study is interesting especially when you see words translated in different Bibles that do not convey the original meaning. Look for ones that do....

Reactions: Wrangler

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A human cannot always exist. So a human cannot become God. That would mean God had a beginning, therefore God was a created being.
John 1:14 - The Word(God) became flesh
God was a created being? The Creator was created? By whom?

Reactions: Wrangler and Mr E

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
“God is not a man…” (Numbers 23:19)

“…the man Christ Jesus” (1 Timothy 2:5)

:IDK:
Yes, there are 2 entities per this....

For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And I believe that you would be correct.....

Matthew 24:36....concerning his return Jesus said...
“But concerning that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, nor the Son, but the Father only."
How does God keep things from himself?

Luke 22:41-42...on the night of Jesus' arrest....
"And he withdrew from them about a stone's throw, and knelt down and prayed, 42 saying, “Father, if you are willing, remove this cup from me. Nevertheless, not my will, but yours, be done.”
Can God's will be divided between parts of himself?

John 14:28...
"You heard me say to you, ‘I am going away and I am coming back to you.’ If you loved me, you would be glad that I am going to the Father, because the Father is greater than I am."
The Father was always "greater" because he is the God worshipped by the entire heavenly family.

Even in heaven the Father is the God of Jesus...
Rev 3:12...
"The one who conquers I will make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he will never depart from it. I will write on him the name of my God and the name of the city of my God (the new Jerusalem that comes down out of heaven from my God), and my new name as well. "

The Greek word (the·oʹtes), used at Col 2:9, (which occurs only here in the Christian Scriptures) is derived from the Greek word for “god,” the·osʹ, but is different in meaning. Many lexicons give such definitions as “divine character; divine nature; divinity.” The term was used by ancient Greek writers to describe a quality or condition that could be obtained or lost as a result of one’s behavior. Obviously, then, such a term was applied to created beings and not exclusively to the Almighty. So there is solid basis for rendering the·oʹtes to refer to a divine quality rather than to God himself.

Another related word "theios" is seen at 2 Peter 1:3-4...
"His divine power (theios dynamis) has granted to us all things that pertain to life and godliness, through the knowledge of him who called us to his own glory and excellence, 4 by which he has granted to us his precious and very great promises, so that through them you may become partakers of the divine nature, (theios physis) having escaped from the corruption that is in the world because of sinful desire."

Bible study is interesting especially when you see words translated in different Bibles that do not convey the original meaning. Look for ones that do....
The KJV is at odds with the Greek commentators per Col 2:9.
The scripture says "every bit of what God consists of is inside Christ" per the verse.
The biased commentators redefine it as only "all of God's qualities in Christ".

This is because these commentators do not believe that Jesus is omnipresent, bodily, and God cannot be inside Christ.

The commentators have fallen victim to the RCC doctrine of incarnation, causing them to redefine the scripture.

Everyone seems to redefine the scripture, at the least in their heads.

Titus

Feb 5, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God was a created being? The Creator was created? By whom?
No! You misunderstood my post. I'm teaching Jesus was not a part of creation.
Jesus is God, therefore eternal. God cannot be created, He is the creator.

Reactions: mailmandan

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How can Jesus have a God per Rev 3 etc. and be the same being as God?

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
The more I read the Bible the more I think it is portraying 2 persons...

"The word was with God and was God".

"Jesus is the Word, made flesh"... "virgin born"

"God was manifested in the FLESH"...virgin born

God spoke and creation began... speaking is words.....the word of creation,.... and Jesus pre-incarnate is The WORD.

Thomas said to Jesus..>"My Lord and my GOD" and Jesus didn't correct him.

Jesus said..>"if you've seen ME, you have seen the Father"'..

In Genesis, God Breathed the SPIRIT into ADAM, and in John 20:22 JESUS breathed on the Apostles and said.."receive ye the Spirit".

Now look at : Colossians 1:16 .. and then John 1:10, as those are JESUS.

This reality is = the correct understanding regarding the Deity of Christ.

Last edited:

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John 1:14 - The Word (God) became flesh
Amen! John 1:1 - In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was in the beginning with God. 3 All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made...14 And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth. :Thumbsup:

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

God spoke and creation began... speaking is words.....the word of creation,.... and Jesus pre-incarnate is The WORD.

In Genesis, God Breathed the SPIRIT into ADAM, and in John 20:22 JESUS breathed on the Apostles and said.."receive ye the Spirit".

This reality is just a silly debate if you don't believe the bible...... = the correct understanding regarding the Deity of Christ.
If the word is all of God and not only His spoken word, then it says Divinity was made flesh per vs 14.

This means Divinity made Divinity(Divine flesh).

John actually says the spoke word was made flesh.

Just like the spoken word made everything else per Gen 1.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Amen! John 1:1 - In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was in the beginning with God. 3 All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made...14 And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth. :Thumbsup:
Was God's spoken word with Him or not?

Is your word with you or not?

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Since when is the word of God not the spoken word of God?

Right, since the 4th century bc.

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The more I read the Bible the more I think it is portraying 2 persons...one divine and one human. Completely separate from each other as entities. However, the human entity went through a transformation after his God raised him from the dead. He still today, claims to have a God but is now our God via the Col 2:9 effect on his resurrected body. Jesus "God's us" via the full indwelling of his God inside himself.

A puzzle. I love it when people become curious. In your mouth, sweet.... in your stomach bitter.

1677425819647.png

Reactions: Truther

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

This reality is = the correct understanding regarding the Deity of Christ.
Also, look...

he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Show us the Father?

10 Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he ...

Reactions: Mr E

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What's your angle? :contemplate:
My point is that the RCC has taught us to redefine the scripture in our heads to fit their narrative of an "incarnated God".

When we see the word "word", we think of an individual person and not a voice of God.

When we see written throughout the Bible, Jesus saying "my God", we train our brains to make it mean "God's flesh talking to His Spirit".

We don't take anything in our Bible literal and verbatim anymore.

No wonder there is one Bible and tens of thousands of denominations spun off from it.

Also, we absolutely don't believe Col 2:9 as literal or verbatim.

• Love
Reactions: Mr E and amadeus
Status
Not open for further replies.