Did God Forsake Jesus?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lots of people love to deny the truth of this....
Did The Father Forsake Jesus On The Cross? No!
by Steve McVey
For many years I taught the seven sayings of the cross and when I came to the words of Jesus, "My God, My God, why have you forsaken me?" I used the text as evidence that the Father had turned His back on His own Son when Jesus was on the cross. "The Bible is clear that God cannot look upon sin!" I would boldly proclaim. It seemed reasonable to me that God turned away from Jesus. After all, isn't that what Jesus said?

The answer is, "No, that is not what He said. That is what He asked. There's a big difference between making an assertion and asking a question."

"Do you mean Jesus was wrong?" you might ask. My answer is that it was Jesus, the Man who became sin for us. When he absorbed the darkness and weight of the sin of the world into Himself, He had the sense of abandonment by God the Father that sin always brings. Blinded by sin and horrified by its effect on and in Him, the man Jesus cried out of His humanity, "Why have you forsaken me?" In that moment, He identified Himself with every person who has ever felt abandoned by God. He became one who felt isolated, lonely, abandoned, forsaken and hopeless on behalf of you, me, and everybody who would ever feel that way.

The question Jesus spoke was a direct quote from the prophetic Psalm 22, where in the very first verse the psalmist asks, "My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?" It is noteworthy that this is the only time Jesus ever called His Father "God" and not "Father." In that moment,the man Jesus felt forsaken. Having become sin for us, He could not feel or sense or see His Father's embrace at that moment.

The gospels don't record an answer to His question, but Psalm 22 does. In response to the first verse where the psalmist cries out the prophetic words, "Why have you forsaken me?" there is an answer in verse 24. Here's the answer to the question of Jesus, the question of the psalmist and the question of every person who has ever felt abandoned by the Father: For he (God the Father) has not despised or disdained the suffering of the afflicted one; he has not hidden his face from him but has listened to his cry for help.

Sin may deafen our ears to the answer, but the reality is that the Father has never and will never despise, disdain or turn His face away from us, forsaking us. He has heard our cry for help!

God the Father forsaking His own Son? Impossible! God the Father was "in Christ, reconciling the world to Himself!" (2 Corinthians 5:19) Jesus didn't feel it at the time. It seemed like the Father had forsaken Him, but He hadn't! Nor will He ever forsake you.

But what about the "God cannot look upon sin" part? Doesn't the Bible say that? Well, it does but we need to put that comment in context. It was Habakkuk the prophet who said that as he watched evil people seemingly getting away with their sins. Here's the whole quote in context:

Your eyes are too pure to look on evil; you cannot tolerate wrong. Why then do you tolerate the treacherous? Why are you silent while the wicked swallow up those more righteous than themselves? Habakkuk 1:13

To paraphrase him, Habakkuk said, "Your eyes are too pure to look on evil and you can't tolerate wrong so why are you?" In other words, it made no sense to Habakkuk that God was looking on sin when Habakkuk believed that wasn't possible. He was smearing the face of God with the guilt and shame of humanity the same way Adam had done when he hid himself in the Garden of Eden because He thought God wouldn't want to look at him after he sinned. Adam was wrong. God came for His walk that day just as He had every day. And Habakkuk was wrong too.

The fact is that God can look upon sin. Some people act as if the relationship of God the Father to sin is like Superman's aversion to kryptonite. They act as if God is afraid of sin, but nothing could be further from the truth. In Christ Jesus, sin has been destroyed - finished- end of story. (See Daniel 9:24) Through the finished work of the cross, sin has been defeated! God hates sin because of what it does to us, not because it does anything to Him.

So, on the cross Jesus took the sin of the world upon Himself. As a man who became sin for us (so that we might become the righteousness of God in Him), He felt forsaken, but He was not. The Father did hear His cry and, as the empty tomb three days later proves, did not forsake Him. The question of Jesus the man was: "My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?" The answer from God the Father was: "I haven't! I've not despised, disdained nor forsaken you. I'm here with you, in this moment, carrying you through this death to the glorious resurrection on the other side."

That was true for Jesus when he felt forsaken and it's true for you when you feel that way too.

Last edited:

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I have so often heard that "God cannot look upon sin"
Total rubbish. One only has to think of the book of Job ...and Satan stood in their midst...and God spoke with him!!

The times of Noah, and good looked down and saw....
Sodom...God looked down on them and ...

What hope would we have if God could not look on us?
God remembers we are but dust.

David said of God Ps 139
12 "Yea, the darkness hideth not from thee; but the night shineth as the day: the darkness and the light are both alike to thee.
13 For thou hast possessed my reins: thou hast covered me in my mother's womb."

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
( trouble with me is, I think my brain is shrinking the older I get!! I don't have much to think with anymore.... :D I get lost in some of the intellectual postings! :)
But there is hope...I'm so glad that we don't 'understand' with our mind, but firstly the inner man of the spirit )

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
( trouble with me is, I think my brain is shrinking the older I get!! I don't have much to think with anymore.... :D I get lost in some of the intellectual postings! :)
But there is hope...I'm so glad that we don't 'understand' with our mind, but firstly the inner man of the spirit )
It seems that it is often "the intellectuals" that think the least.

twinc

Apr 3, 2011
Faith
Country
United Kingdom

good thinking Helen but not quite good enough - you quote individual cases and sins that God looked away from but Jesus was cursed by God because He carried all the sins of the world imho - twinc

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
good thinking Helen but not quite good enough - you quote individual cases and sins that God looked away from but Jesus was cursed by God because He carried all the sins of the world imho - twinc
So there is a limit to the amount of sin God can view before He just can't handle it anymore?

Reactions: Truth

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe Jesus Christ was forsaken for a time on the Cross. That God was in Christ reconciling the world to Himself, yes. But it was God the Son on the Cross. The Father and Son certainly maintained a relationship during the Sons stay on earth as Jesus Christ. But, once the sin of the world was laid upon the Son, the Father must move away. It is the Son alone who is the sin bearer.

Jesus Christ was never mistaken or wrong in what He said. He asked 'My God, My God, why hast thou forsaken Me' because He knew He had been forsaken. This was a break in the relationship that had always existed throughout eternity. And He felt it. The Son was hanging there alone as a guilty Man. This was what Christ drew back from in the garden when He said, "Father, if thou be willing, remove this cup from me:". (Lu. 22:42)

This does not affect God's omnipresence. It is just that presence that the Son and Father always had was broken. But of course this was restored before Christ died. (Lu. 23:46) "...Father into thy hands I commend my spirit: "

Stranger

Reactions: Dan57 and brakelite

Suneses

Jun 4, 2018
Detroit
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Matthew 27:46

And about the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying, Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani? that is to say, My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?
I agree with ya'll ....God did not forsake Jesus ....sometimes we do ...but not God.

Consider the following scripture:

John 10:30
I and my Father are one.
The word "one" hen neuter, means “one in purpose”
How could they be one in purpose….. and have God forsake Him on the cross.

II Corinthians 5:19a
To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself…
How could God be in Christ and forsake him?

John 16:32
Behold, the hour cometh, yea, is now come, that ye shall be scattered, every man to his own, and shall leave me alone: and yet I am not alone, because the Father is with me

Matthew 26:53
Thinkest thou that I cannot now pray to my Father, and he shall presently give me more than twelve legions of angels

God would give Jesus more than 72,000 angles…. At any point Jesus could have walked away with a massive amount of spiritual body guards.

So how do we reconcile these scriptures with Matthew 27:46… it would appear to be a contradiction of terms.
It has been said that God hated sin so much that he had to turn away during the final moments of His only begotten sons life…..I don't think so.
One of the principles of biblical research is when you have several clear verses, and one that seemingly contradicts those clear then it is either in our understanding, or in translation…..In this case it is translation.

The words Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani are Aramaic, that is the language Jesus spoke
There is no such Aramaic word as lama however there is a word lmna which is a declaration as in “for this reason” or “for this purpose”
The word sabachthani comes from the root word shbk which means “to spare, or to keep, to leave, or reserve”.

(The word remaining in the following verses have all been translated from shbk II Kings 10:11, Deuteronomy 3:3, Joshua 10:33)

Literally this should read Eli, Eli, lmna sabachthani that is to say, “My God, My God, for this reason, or for this purpose was I reserved, or spared”.

For this purpose Christ came into this world, the purpose of redemption…

Now that would be an interesting study if we left it there…but let’s put some icing on the cake.

**From the Peshitta {Aramaic text} this reads Eli, Eli, lemana shabakthani “My God, My God, for this I was spared or this was my destiny”.

**Another interesting fact: all eastern Bibles have “for this purpose I was spared” while the Occidental translations read “why hast thou forsaken me.

Could this be where fake news originated?......just saying

Reactions: Willie T

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa

And about the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying, Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani? that is to say, My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?
I agree with ya'll ....God did not forsake Jesus ....sometimes we do ...but not God.

I and my Father are one.

Behold, the hour cometh, yea, is now come, that ye shall be scattered, every man to his own, and shall leave me alone: and yet I am not alone, because the Father is with me

Thinkest thou that I cannot now pray to my Father, and he shall presently give me more than twelve legions of angels

God would give Jesus more than 72,000 angles…. At any point Jesus could have walked away with a massive amount of spiritual body guards.

So how do we reconcile these scriptures with Matthew 27:46… it would appear to be a contradiction of terms.
It has been said that God hated sin so much that he had to turn away during the final moments of His only begotten sons life…..I don't think so.
One of the principles of biblical research is when you have several clear verses, and one that seemingly contradicts those clear then it is either in our understanding, or in translation…..In this case it is translation.

The words Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani are Aramaic, that is the language Jesus spoke
There is no such Aramaic word as lama however there is a word lmna which is a declaration as in “for this reason” or “for this purpose”
The word sabachthani comes from the root word shbk which means “to spare, or to keep, to leave, or reserve”.

(The word remaining in the following verses have all been translated from shbk II Kings 10:11, Deuteronomy 3:3, Joshua 10:33)

Literally this should read Eli, Eli, lmna sabachthani that is to say, “My God, My God, for this reason, or for this purpose was I reserved, or spared”.

Now that would be an interesting study if we left it there…but let’s put some icing on the cake.

**From the Peshitta {Aramaic text} this reads Eli, Eli, lemana shabakthani “My God, My God, for this I was spared or this was my destiny”.

**Another interesting fact: all eastern Bibles have “for this purpose I was spared” while the Occidental translations read “why hast thou forsaken me.

Psalm 22:1,24 "For the LORD hath not despised nor abhorred the affliction of The Afflicted, neither hath He HID HIS FACE FROM HIM, but when He cried to Him, He heard."
[Exodus 12:3,5 Ezekiel 39:29; 40:1b,4 Exodus 10,12,14 John12:27,28; 17:1,4,5 Psalm139:12,15,16]
Mark 15:34,35 [Exodus12:3:5 Mark7:32-35]
καὶ τῇ ἐνάτῃ ὥρᾳ ἐβόησεν ὁ Ἰησοῦς φωνῇ μεγάλῃ
At the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying,
Ἐλωῒ Ἐλωῒ λαμὰ σαβαχθανεί;
ὅ ἐστιν μεθερμηνευόμενον
which is, being interpreted,
Ὁ Θεός μου ὁ Θεός μου,
My God, my God,
εἰς τί ἐγκατέλιπές με;
separated You Me unto this? / put You Me behind the veil for this?
Jesus' perception of the reality was that his Father did not forsake Him, but that He sanctified / separated / "set Him apart unto it" -- unto THIS which happened AS He was SPEAKING TO and was GIVING his spirit INTO THE HANDS OF HIS FATHER, there, present as "The Presence of the LORD" Himself on the cross dying the death of death!

'Kept' // 'hallowed' // "within the veil", The Most Holy One of God "His Name The Most Holy Place" Isaiah 57:15.

“Father, in thy hands I commend My Spirit!” Who tore the veil of the earthly tabernacle open and Covered Jesus where on the cross He Suffered Dying the Death of death, even entered holy sepulchre God's Shekinah, that neither in Suffering "NOR IN DEATH, HIS FLESH CORRUPTION SAW".

Mat 19:1; 27-30
27 Τότε ἀποκριθεὶς ὁ Πέτρος εἶπεν αὐτῷ Ἰδοὺ ἡμεῖς ἀφήκαμεν πάντα
Then answered Peter and said unto him, Behold, we have forsaken all,
29 καὶ πᾶς ὅστις ἀφῆκεν οἰκίας ἢ ἀδελφοὺς ἢ ἀδελφὰς ἢ πατέρα
every one that hath forsaken houses or brethren or sisters or father,

Mark 15:34,35 [Eks12:3:5 Mk7:32-35]
Ὁ Θεός μου ὁ Θεός μου, εἰς τί ἐγκατέλιπές με;
My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?
Mat 27:46,47
Θεέ μου θεέ μου, ἵνα τί με ἐγκατέλιπες;
My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?

Luke 23:44,45
τοῦ ἡλίου ἐκλιπόντος, ἐσχίσθη δὲ τὸ καταπέτασμα τοῦ ναοῦ μέσον.
And the sun was darkened and the veil of the temple was rent in the middle.
Mat 27:51a
Καὶ ἰδοὺ τὸ καταπέτασμα τοῦ ναοῦ ἐσχίσθη ἀπ’ ἄνωθεν ἕως κάτω εἰς δύο,
And behold, the veil of the temple was rent in twain from the top to the bottom
Mark 15:38
Καὶ τὸ καταπέτασμα τοῦ ναοῦ ἐσχίσθη εἰς δύο ἀπ’ ἄνωθεν ἕως κάτω.
And the veil of the temple was rent in twain from the top to the bottom.

In the Gospels ἀφίμι is the word in context for ‘to forsake’; while the word ἐγκατέλιπες from ἐγκαταλείπω is the word in context for “choose / sanctify / separate / hide / veil”, in the Most Holy Place on the Altar of Christ’s Passover of Yahweh Suffering in Full Fellowship of Father, Son, and, Holy Spirit.
Klaas Schilder: "...in full Fellowship of the Trinity" : the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit.

Conclusion:
KJV with 'forsaken' for ἐγκατέλιπες is wrong!

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Father, in thy hands My Spirit I commend!

O Spirit Who of tabernacle of the FLESH

From above Lintel and VEIL tore Apart

And Covered on the cross Him, Who,

o Death, your death, Suffered Dying, Who

Entered holy sepulchre, o Father, Spirit, that

NEITHER IN SUFFERING NOR IN DEATH

the FLESH of your Beloved Son

CORRUPTION SAW

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I and my Father are one.

Ah...that sounds so sweet. "God did not forsake Jesus...sometimes we do...but not God". Too bad it is such a lie. That is what the serpent said also. (Gen. 3:4) "And the serpent said unto the woman, Ye shall not surely die:" Surely the Father would not allow Jesus to die, just because He was the substitute for us? Well, if Jesus did not die, then our sins are not paid for.

Do you think that only physical death is the payment for sin? Death involves body, soul, and spirit. Death is separation. Spiritual death is separation of the spirit from God. That spiritual death must be endured else the payment is no good. With Christ who was the Son, that spiritual death meant the separation of the Father from the God/Man, Jesus Christ, Who now became sin for us. This is what Jesus recoiled at in the Garden. The physical death, as bad as it was, did not touch the spiritual death Christ must endure.

Jesus Christ was not being judged by Rome as a criminal. He was being judged by God as Sin.

The fake news is what you are attempting to present. The lie of the serpent. 'Thou shalt not surely die." Sounds good though and many here will jump at it. It fits the old hen theology of love, love, love. God just loved Jesus so much He would never forsake Him. Nausea.

Stranger

Reactions: brakelite

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Ah...that sounds so sweet. "God did not forsake Jesus...sometimes we do...but not God". Too bad it is such a lie. That is what the serpent said also. (Gen. 3:4) "And the serpent said unto the woman, Ye shall not surely die:" Surely the Father would not allow Jesus to die, just because He was the substitute for us? Well, if Jesus did not die, then our sins are not paid for.

Do you think that only physical death is the payment for sin? Death involves body, soul, and spirit. Death is separation. Spiritual death is separation of the spirit from God. That spiritual death must be endured else the payment is no good. With Christ who was the Son, that spiritual death meant the separation of the Father from the God/Man, Jesus Christ, Who now became sin for us. This is what Jesus recoiled at in the Garden. The physical death, as bad as it was, did not touch the spiritual death Christ must endure.

Jesus Christ was not being judged by Rome as a criminal. He was being judged by God as Sin.

The fake news is what you are attempting to present. The lie of the serpent. 'Thou shalt not surely die." Sounds good though and many here will jump at it. It fits the old hen theology of love, love, love. God just loved Jesus so much He would never forsake Him. Nausea.

That '~God did not forsake Jesus...sometimes we do...but not God~' - Suneses #12, is no '~lie~'. Nor is what he wrote and said, '~that what the serpent said also~'. That is a lie! Also Suneses did not say '~Jesus did not die~'! That also is a lie, YOUR lie!

Death is not '~separation~'. Please show us where you read that in our Bible. "Death is the wages of / for sin" - our sin. God made Jesus pay the wages for our sin; and more, He paid, redeemed, bought back our lost life without sin and therefore our life without separation from God. Sin is separation and Jesus, it is written, "knew no sin", that is, Jesus was never separated from the Father or for no moment lived outside the "FULL FELLOWSHIP OF THE TRINITY"** GOD THE FATHER AND THE SON AND THE HOLY SPIRIT. (**Klaas Schilder)

Christ’s death meant the Father and Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit AS ONE SUFFERED for us and for our sin, TO, AS ONE IDENTIFYING WITH US in Jesus Christ, BE "MADE sin for us". There is no sin than our sin. Your statement '~the God/Man, Jesus Christ ... now became sin for us~', is a perverse and perverting mutilation of the Scripture.

So, your statement, '~This .. sin .. is what Jesus recoiled at in the Garden~' is a perverse and perverting mutilation of the Scripture. Because, if you were right, doing God's WILL was '~what Jesus recoiled at in the Garden~' as were God's WILL, '~sin~'! But Jesus '~recoiled~' at NOT "to DO Thy WILL o God"-- most, in the Garden.

There's no such thing as '~The physical death...~', which '~...did not touch the spiritual death~' Jesus endured. Jesus died the death of death in every respect perceivable and not perceivable for sinners.

'~Jesus Christ was not being judged by Rome as a criminal. He was being judged by God as Sin~'. . . incomprehensible to me, so, I'll keep quiet. . . except, Jesus Christ - unjustly - was in fact judged by Rome and Jerusalem and the whole world as a criminal, the fake news being what you are attempting to present, '~Jesus Christ was not being judged by Rome as a criminal~'; and probably also, that '~He was being judged by God as Sin~'

For you, the TRUTH that God just loved Jesus so much He would never forsake Him, may be nauseating and the lie of the serpent. God forbid for me!

Last edited:

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That '~God did not forsake Jesus...sometimes we do...but not God~' - Suneses #12, is no '~lie~'. Nor is what he wrote and said, '~that what the serpent said also~'. That is a lie! Also Suneses did not say '~Jesus did not die~'! That also is a lie, YOUR lie!

Death is not '~separation~'. Please show us where you read that in our Bible. "Death is the wages of / for sin" - our sin. God made Jesus pay the wages for our sin; and more, He paid, redeemed, bought back our lost life without sin and therefore our life without separation from God. Sin is separation and Jesus, it is written, "knew no sin", that is, Jesus was never separated from the Father or for no moment lived outside the "FULL FELLOWSHIP OF THE TRINITY"** GOD THE FATHER AND THE SON AND THE HOLY SPIRIT. (**Klaas Schilder)

With Christ death meant the Father and Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit AS ONE SUFFERED for us and for our sin, TO, AS ONE IDENTIFYING WITH US in Jesus Christ, be "MADE sin for us". Your statement '~the God/Man, Jesus Christ ... now became sin for us~', is a perverse and perverting mutilation of the Scripture.

So, your statement, '~This .. sin .. is what Jesus recoiled at in the Garden~' is a perverse and perverting mutilation of the Scripture. Because, if you were right, doing God's WILL was '~what Jesus recoiled at in the Garden~' as were God's WILL, '~sin~'! But Jesus '~recoiled~' at NOT "to DO Thy WILL o God"-- most, in the Garden.

There's no such thing as '~The physical death...~', which '~...did not touch the spiritual death~' Jesus endured. Jesus died the death of death in every respect perceivable and not perceivable for sinners.

'~Jesus Christ was not being judged by Rome as a criminal. He was being judged by God as Sin~'. . . incomprehensible to me, so, I'll keep quiet. . . except, Jesus Christ - unjustly - was in fact judged by Rome and Jerusalem and the whole world as a criminal, the fake news being what you are attempting to present, '~Jesus Christ was not being judged by Rome as a criminal~'; and probably also, that '~He was being judged by God as Sin~'

For you, the TRUTH that God just loved Jesus so much He would never forsake Him, may be nauseating and the lie of the serpent. God forbid for me!

Death is separation from God. Spiritual death is spiritual separation from God. (Is. 59:2) "But your iniquities have separated between you and your God,and your sins have hid his face from you, that he will not hear."

When Adam sinned he immediately died. (Gen. 2:17) "...in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die." His spirit was separated from God. His body began dying, and would completely die 930 years later. (Gen. 5:5)

(Eph. 2:1) "And you hath he quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins;)

(Eph. 2:5) "Even when we were dead in sins,hath quickened us together with Christ,...."

Being quickened means given new life. Being born-again. But this new-birth involves the spirit only. Thus your spirit is born again but your body is still dying. If one is born-again, their spirit is born-again and they are assured of the redemption of their body at the resurrection. If one is not born-again their spirit remains separated from God and when their body dies they enter eternity separated from God forever.

Concerning your accusation that Christ being sin for us is a mutilation of Scripture, see (2 Cor. 5:21) "For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin;....)

Jesus had to experience both physical and spiritual death. Which He did. Which is why He cried out, 'My God, My God, why hast thou forsaken Me'.

If Jesus Christ were not being judged by God for Sin, then you are still in your sins.

Stranger

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Death is separation from God. Spiritual death is spiritual separation from God. (Is. 59:2) "But your iniquities have separated between you and your God,and your sins have hid his face from you, that he will not hear."

Jesus knew no sin and had, no, sin!

'~your iniquities~' - Jesus knew no iniquities and had, no, iniquities!

Jesus had no sins which "hid God's face from Him, that He would not hear".

‘~Death is separation from God.~’ – Death is NOT separation from God. “For I am persuaded that NEITHER DEATH nor life nor angels nor principalities nor powers nor things present nor things to come nor height (into heaven) nor depth (into hell) nor any other creature shall be able to separate us (or Jesus) from the love of God WHICH IS IN CHRIST JESUS our Lord!”

Last edited:

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Concerning your accusation that Christ being sin for us is a mutilation of Scripture, see (2 Cor. 5:21) "For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin;....)

You said He '~became sin~', you identified Christ and sin and with sin, which is mutilation of the Scripture which states that God "made Him who knew no sin, sin for us / for forgiveness of our sin", "made Him" (inevitably) to be treated as were He sin - as were He our, sin, for which sin to forgive, Christ had to be "made sin" in order to be blotted out as "sin, FOR US".

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You said He '~became sin~', you identified Christ and sin and with sin, which is mutilation of the Scripture which states that God "made Him who knew no sin, sin for us / for forgiveness of our sin", "made Him" (inevitably) to be treated as were He sin - as were He our, sin, for which sin to forgive, Christ had to be "made sin" in order to be blotted out as "sin, FOR US".

I said what (2 Cor. 5:21) said. " For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin;" Christ became sin on the Cross and was judged by God. Thus He was forsaken by God when the Sin of the world was laid upon Him.

Stranger

Reactions: Dan57