Did Jesus die for every one who calls on Him?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Sword

Nov 13, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

Well yes He did, That is clear. But I see many think they have power of atourney over others.
To many Christians think they have the right to Judge others.
For insatnce take a preacher like Benny Hinn.
I seen a few comments directed at him. one says He will be judge soon enough.
Well I am sure he will as we all will. But the person saying this Seems to be saying it with glee. So It looks like these persons have decoded Benny is going to suffer for what hes doing wrong. I am not sure what they think he doing wrong. So this sis an oppertunity for all of you guys to stand up and say why you think hes going to hell. be cause that is what you are all suggesting. But may be I am wrong. Tood white was accused of being Fake by Job. I asked what he ment but so he posted a video of benny Hinn. Who by the way saw more people come to Christ that every single person in this forum and the next 100 forums you find in google combined. Jesus is the judge . Yes we are to imitate Him but Hes the judge.
So you would have to look at what it is to judge someone. well again it seems like Christians in here seem to think Judgeing some one is if you call them out on there short comming. I pull my children all the time and grandchildren. So I also pull people in my church. So I am most assuridly going to pull people in here who want to talk bible if they get it wrong. But for some reason when you do that they get hurt which is so clear to see. Its simple.

There are many preachers out there who have a whole lots wrong more so the average little church leader as opposed to the mega church leaders.
There are many YT vids cliaming all these preachers are going to hell and I see it in here to.
Judging some one is saying they are going to hell. You are told in scripture to pull each other if you in the wrong. You are not told to say whos going to hell. You are not told to call anyone a fool. You are not told to ridicule one another in here as we see daily.
You are not allowed to call anyone fake or put anyone down in any way what so ever. I see in here many jump in with the silly little likes when one outs another down. the give there approval like Paul holding the caost as the stoed stephen. You have one right as a Christain and that is to LOVE nothing else. There are far to many scripture that tell us about a camp or house devided. Benny Hinn loves Jesus way mopre than all of us. Dont kid your self you will see him in heaven. and Todd White. Well when you eventully get down to the front you will.

Pisteuo

Jul 31, 2017
Ozarks
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When you say "Benny Hinn loves Jesus way more than all of us" you Sword are judging. When you say we don't pray enough for people or lay hands on enough, that is judging. I surely hope Benny Hinn and Todd White know Jesus. But they are in a position where their fruits are on display and are gonna be judged good or evil. "We will know them by their fruits". So, we see their fruit....now what? We judge whether or not we are gonna eat of that fruit or pass it by. It is us that gets to judge that. Maybe though, we should refrain from passing that judgment on to others unless led to do so by the Holy Spirit. In case we are wrong about it. I haven't seen enough Todd White to have an opinion. But I know he is a protégé of Dan Mohler who is an awesome guy in my opinion and I've seen a lot of his stuff.

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Well yes He did, That is clear. But I see many think they have power of atourney over others.
To many Christians think they have the right to Judge others.
For insatnce take a preacher like Benny Hinn.
I seen a few comments directed at him. one says He will be judge soon enough.
Well I am sure he will as we all will. But the person saying this Seems to be saying it with glee. So It looks like these persons have decoded Benny is going to suffer for what hes doing wrong. I am not sure what they think he doing wrong. So this sis an oppertunity for all of you guys to stand up and say why you think hes going to hell. be cause that is what you are all suggesting. But may be I am wrong. Tood white was accused of being Fake by Job. I asked what he ment but so he posted a video of benny Hinn. Who by the way saw more people come to Christ that every single person in this forum and the next 100 forums you find in google combined. Jesus is the judge . Yes we are to imitate Him but Hes the judge.
So you would have to look at what it is to judge someone. well again it seems like Christians in here seem to think Judgeing some one is if you call them out on there short comming. I pull my children all the time and grandchildren. So I also pull people in my church. So I am most assuridly going to pull people in here who want to talk bible if they get it wrong. But for some reason when you do that they get hurt which is so clear to see. Its simple.

There are many preachers out there who have a whole lots wrong more so the average little church leader as opposed to the mega church leaders.
There are many YT vids cliaming all these preachers are going to hell and I see it in here to.
Judging some one is saying they are going to hell. You are told in scripture to pull each other if you in the wrong. You are not told to say whos going to hell. You are not told to call anyone a fool. You are not told to ridicule one another in here as we see daily.
You are not allowed to call anyone fake or put anyone down in any way what so ever. I see in here many jump in with the silly little likes when one outs another down. the give there approval like Paul holding the caost as the stoed stephen. You have one right as a Christain and that is to LOVE nothing else. There are far to many scripture that tell us about a camp or house devided. Benny Hinn loves Jesus way mopre than all of us. Dont kid your self you will see him in heaven. and Todd White. Well when you eventully get down to the front you will.

In all honesty, so what? who cares what people say about tv preachers, really. if they don't believe these tv preachers are on the up and up, then are you saying they shouldn't say so? and if this site and the people on it don't meet your special approval, then maybe you need to go when people care about your approval.

Reactions: Job

Armadillo

Aug 11, 2017
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Jesus died for all and everyone is reconciled.

2 Corinthians 5:15-19.

Are Benny Hinn and Todd White preaching reconciliation? If not, what do they preach? If yes, how so?

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus died for all and everyone is reconciled.

2 Corinthians 5:15-19.

Are Benny Hinn and Todd White preaching reconciliation? If not, what do they preach? If yes, how so?

God reconciled the world unto Himself. (2 Cor. 5:19) But the individual still must be reconciled to God. (2 Cor. 5:20) How? Through faith in Jesus Christ. (5:21)

Christ died for all. But all are not saved.

Stranger

Reactions: bbyrd009

Armadillo

Aug 11, 2017
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Christ died for all. But all are not saved.

Reconciliation is a done deal, salvation for all is not. Everyone is not saved without knowing it and everyone is reconciled without knowing it.

So, what is being preached by the 2 "men of God" mentioned in the OP?

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Reconciliation is a done deal, salvation for all is not. Everyone is not saved without knowing it and everyone is reconciled without knowing it.

So, what is being preached by the 2 "men of God" mentioned in the OP?

Not sure what you are saying? The world being reconciled to God did not save everyone in the world. Everyone is not reconciled to God as (2 Cor. 5:20) says.

Stranger

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Hi Sword.
I think your thread Topic should read "Did Jesus die for everyone."
I believe everyone is well within, For "God so loved THE WORLD..." . That
includes "everyone".

You may have noticed in a few of my posts I have picked up on some people's use of the word " Judgement" it does seem that some folks equate judgement with hellfire!! :eek:
To me that is a great leap!
I am sure with your grandchildren you often " make a judgement" between two who are fighting perhaps.
I do totally believe that "we don't get to eat our cake and keep it"... but I've forgotten which scripture that is. :D
But seriously , We are told to lay up treasure in heaven , where neither moth and rust cannot destroy it. ( not here on earth!!)
Okay, to your question.
Have I ever listened to Benny Hinn and been blessed by something he has said. YES. Would I follow him? NO.
Sadly...especially if you have read the book "God's Generals".,. So many great men and women who have been so gifted by the Lord, go off the rails. :(
( that is what the book is about.. but not in a negative way...showing what great ministries they had, and how sadly they ended..
WHY? 1.Pride.
2.Greed. )
For me, ( but we all must judge and weigh it for ourselves) ...B.H. started well...then he got greedy...then, like so many others..when the true anointing left him, he faked it.
He does , like most of "the biggies" , milk the people for money...he has grown VERY rich on the backs for the people.
As for the ' judgement' side of things...he seems to have had his 'reward' in this here and now. I do not think he will hear the words- " Well done thou good and faithful servant ." But I am not God.
It's up to God to judge if he has been " faithful in what the Lord gave him"
Matt 6 show us that we don't get a reward "then"in heaven, if we have already had it now on earth!!
"do not sound a trumpet before you, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and on the streets, to be praised by men. Truly I tell you, they already have their reward."

I used to love Joyce Meyers preaching. For many many years she got me through dark times...with her "tape of the month"..especially in my 50's..I was very anxious.... and had lots of health issues....and she has a great line on fear and anxiety. I am thankful TO GOD for her ministry. Most of what she preaches is spot on.
BUT, Do I still follow her ? Or give to her ministry? NO!
She now has a Jet, cars , mansions...all on the backs of the people..
Is that being a faithful servant? Not in my book. But , that is between her and God...I think the people are FOOLS to give to these people who manipulate their emotions. Because it is GOD who gave her, and Hinn the gift...why PAY the delivery boy??? :rolleyes:
We blame the preachers, but the people are just as much at fault. We are told to give wisely..and also for the poor, the fatherless and widows. No fill the coffers of the already RICH!! That to me is buying our blessings, healing's, or
deliverances!!
So, in my book...they Meyers, Hinn's and anyone else, will probably be judged on what they did with what they have been given...they wont have all these riches now....and later. That is the judgement I see against them.
For me, I'd rather be poor now and have whatever, if indeed I have " laid up" anything in heaven.

I just wish everyone would stop throwing the 'hell word' around, so quickly, easily, and lightly!! :eek:

Last edited:

Armadillo

Aug 11, 2017
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Not sure what you are saying? The world being reconciled to God did not save everyone in the world. Everyone is not reconciled to God as (2 Cor. 5:20) says.

2 Corinthians 5:18-19, All this is from God, who reconciled us to himself through Christ and gave us the ministry of reconciliation: that God was reconciling the world to himself in Christ, not counting people’s sins against them. And he has committed to us the message of reconciliation.

If they aren't reconciled to God they have to BE reconciled to God. Who is showing them how?

2 Corinthians 5:20, We are therefore Christ's ambassadors, as though God were making his appeal through us. We implore you on Christ's behalf: BE reconciled to God.

Matthew 22:8-10, “Then he said to his servants, ‘The wedding banquet is ready, but those I invited did not deserve to come. So go to the street corners and invite to the banquet anyone you find.’ So the servants went out into the streets and gathered all the people they could find, the bad as well as the good, and the wedding hall was filled with guests.

And all the goody two shoes and all those down and out need to know how much God loves them, is this not the message of reconciliation? Is this message being preached in the pulpits and on Christian tv by our celeb, filthy rich preachers?

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

I have been blessed by many of these.
I do not believe they are false prophets etc.

Just people who were blessed with great insight and great preaching ability by God...who started in the Spirit, and are ending in the flesh. :(

As it has happened to dozens of them over the decades...it is very obviously hard for them, as they get so well known to not start believing that it is THEM who are doing it all, and not God!!
And then like in my other post above...the silly followers start throwing money at them like it is a circus act!!

Bottom line...Should we judge them when we have not walked in their shoes, or had all their temptations?
We have no idea what this "pop star" image is like to have to overcome and stay humble. (Sadly, most don't overcome, they take the to themselves 'worship'.)
Kathrine Kuhlman a great healing ministry in the 70's , on her death bed asked Jamie Buckingham to write the truth about her.
How she started humble and anointed, then started "taking the glory" for all the healing's for herself.
She stopped giving God the glory. She lost the anointing and gift, and so she faked it..she died sick.
He wrote the books ( he was a close friend for years)
It's called"Daughter of Destiny"...a sad, and honest book to read. :(

Like the Indian saying goes.." Don't judge a man until you have walked in his moccasins " :)

Last edited:
Reactions: bbyrd009

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
2 Corinthians 5:18-19, All this is from God, who reconciled us to himself through Christ and gave us the ministry of reconciliation: that God was reconciling the world to himself in Christ, not counting people’s sins against them. And he has committed to us the message of reconciliation.

If they aren't reconciled to God they have to BE reconciled to God. Who is showing them how?

2 Corinthians 5:20, We are therefore Christ's ambassadors, as though God were making his appeal through us. We implore you on Christ's behalf: BE reconciled to God.

Matthew 22:8-10, “Then he said to his servants, ‘The wedding banquet is ready, but those I invited did not deserve to come. So go to the street corners and invite to the banquet anyone you find.’ So the servants went out into the streets and gathered all the people they could find, the bad as well as the good, and the wedding hall was filled with guests.

And all the goody two shoes and all those down and out need to know how much God loves them, is this not the message of reconciliation? Is this message being preached in the pulpits and on Christian tv by our celeb, filthy rich preachers?

Our message of reconciliation is believe on Jesus Christ as your Lord and Saviour.

Why should I worry over how much money a preacher has? Let him answer to God. There is nothing wrong with being wealthy and Christian. Let me do what I can with the Gospel. I remember years ago a teacher sharing this experience. He and some other young preachers were sitting around and criticizing D.L. Moody in some of his doctrine. One of their teachers was listening and said to them, " when you do as much with your doctrine as D.L. Moody did with his, then you have some room to criticize."

Jesus said 'he who is not against us is for us'. We do what we can to be correct in our doctrine and walk of faith, where we all fail miserably, but we give room for the other believer, if he is a believer.

Stranger

Armadillo

Aug 11, 2017
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
There is nothing wrong with being wealthy and Christian.

Agreed, if their wealth was acquired without robbery and they didn't block the way to God. Yachts and private jets are fun!:rolleyes:

Matthew 21:13, “It is written,” he said to them, “‘My house will be called a house of prayer,’ but you are making it ‘a den of robbers.”

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We blame the preachers, but the people are just as much at fault.

Matthew 15
13 But He answered and said, “Every plant which My heavenly Father has not planted will be uprooted.
14 Let them alone. They are blind leaders of the blind. And if the blind leads the blind, both will fall into a ditch.”

o

twinc

Apr 3, 2011
Faith
Country
United Kingdom

so who exactly are the us and we in 2Cor 5:18-20 - twinc

Armadillo

Aug 11, 2017
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
so who exactly are the us and we in 2Cor 5:18-20

Nothing in the Bible was written to us but it was written for us and the ministry of reconciliation is ongoing.

Romans 5:10, For if, while we were God’s enemies, we were reconciled to him through the death of his Son, how much more, having been reconciled, shall we be saved through his life!

2 Corinthians 5:19, that God was reconciling the world to himself in Christ, not counting people's sins against them. And he has committed to us the message of reconciliation.

So, what is the message of reconciliation? Break down the verses and the most obvious thing that stands out is sins are not counted against you and you will also find that in Psalms 103:12, as far as the east is from the west, so far has he removed our transgressions from us. Jesus became sin for us, 2 Corinthians 5:21, God made him who had no sin to be sin for us, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God.

The only sin that can't be forgiven is unbelief.

Mark 3:29, but whoever blasphemes against the Holy Spirit will never be forgiven; they are guilty of an eternal sin."

What is blaspheming the Holy Spirit? Rejecting Jesus. So, what should we be preaching? The message of reconciliation. The most important thing for a Christian and non-Christian to hear is that God loves them and God showed His love by the Cross.

Matthew 12:31, And so I tell you, every kind of sin and slander can be forgiven, but blasphemy against the Spirit will not be forgiven.

Reactions: Helen