Did Jesus Speak Of A Symbolic Destruction Of The Temple, Matthew 24:2?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's my opinion that Jesus spoke symbolically of the temple being destroyed in Matthew 24:2, not a literal destruction as seen in 70AD, John's account is seen below, with greater information and detail

When Jesus Christ died on Calvary, the veil in the temple was rent/torn, the temple was destroyed, gone in the spiritual, never to be seen again

Matthew 27:50-51KJV
50 Jesus, when he had cried again with a loud voice, yielded up the ghost.
51 And, behold, the veil of the temple was rent in twain from the top to the bottom; and the earth did quake, and the rocks rent;

John 14:18-21KJV
18 Then answered the Jews and said unto him, What sign shewest thou unto us, seeing that thou doest these things?
19 Jesus answered and said unto them, Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up.
20 Then said the Jews, Forty and six years was this temple in building, and wilt thou rear it up in three days?
21 But he spake of the temple of his body.

Oseas

Dec 22, 2019
Joinville
Faith
Christian
Country
Brazil
The second Temple fell in the hands of the Devil, spiritually Satan had enthroned himself in the second Temple and for centuries ahead the second temple was good for nothing, GOD stoped to send prophets, when JESUS came the Temple was a DEN OF THIEVES as said JESUS. In fact , JESUS not only prophesied the destruction of the devilish Temple as well even He determined the destruction of the Temple for EVER. With the destruction of the Temple in the year 70AD, also all the CURSES of Deuteronomy 28:v.15 to 68 fell upon the nation of Israel, they stayed without nation for 1.878 years, from 70 to 1.948.

Now GOD will send a false messiah for Israel, like a lamb but speaks as Dragon, a STRONG DELUSION, Israel will hail their peculiar messiah and he will be the main ruler and guide of Israel , an esoteric, and kabbalistic, and SPIRITIST messiah, and he will oppose and exalt himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God will sit in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God. Only 144K will not be deceived by the false messiah, tghe own Satan incarnated, the son of perdition, only 144K will be saved .

The son of perdition, the Man of sin, he already was born decades ago, he MUST manifest himself because even GOD will send him after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders, And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the Truth -received not JESUS- , that they might be saved.

Last edited:

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The son of perdition, the Man of sin, he already was born decades ago, he MUST manifest himself because even GOD will send him after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders, And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the Truth -received not JESUS- , that they might be saved.
What proof do you have to validate that claim made?

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
It's my opinion that Jesus spoke symbolically of the temple being destroyed in Matthew 24:2, not a literal destruction as seen in 70AD, John's account is seen below, with greater information and detail
Your opinion is not right.
What John 14:18-21 says is a Spiritual truth. And we Christians manifest God's Temple thru Jesus.
But what Matthew 24:2 says; refers to the existing, physical Temple. That was destroyed in 70 AD.

God always wanted a Temple and He will have another one in Jerusalem; Jesus will Return to it and reign from it.
Only after the Millennium will there be no Temple. Revelation 21:22

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your opinion is not right.
What John 14:18-21 says is a Spiritual truth. And we Christians manifest God's Temple thru Jesus.
But what Matthew 24:2 says; refers to the existing, physical Temple. That was destroyed in 70 AD.

God always wanted a Temple and He will have another one in Jerusalem; Jesus will Return to it and reign from it.
Only after the Millennium will there be no Temple. Revelation 21:22
Please dont edit my response, allow the forum to view my entire claim made with scripture referenced, thanks

When Jesus Christ died on Calvary, the veil in the temple was rent/torn, the temple was destroyed, gone in the spiritual, never to be seen again

Matthew 27:50-51KJV
50 Jesus, when he had cried again with a loud voice, yielded up the ghost.
51 And, behold, the veil of the temple was rent in twain from the top to the bottom; and the earth did quake, and the rocks rent;

John 14:18-21KJV
18 Then answered the Jews and said unto him, What sign shewest thou unto us, seeing that thou doest these things?
19 Jesus answered and said unto them, Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up.
20 Then said the Jews, Forty and six years was this temple in building, and wilt thou rear it up in three days?
21 But he spake of the temple of his body.

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
It's my opinion that Jesus spoke symbolically of the temple being destroyed in Matthew 24:2, not a literal destruction as seen in 70AD,
Jesus was referring to the Temple, in place and visible then.
It was destroyed totally, just a Jesus prophesied - in 70 AD.

We Christians are now, during this Christian age, the symbolic Temple of God. Are we to be destroyed?

[Sorry, but I refuse to reprint your lengthy and wrongly attributed scriptures]

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I agree with Keraz--there is no need to avoid editing your original post. However, If the editing is done to mislead what you were trying to say, it's wrong. I don't know what Keraz' intention was, but in this reply I'm just trying to abbreviate.

I believe that Jesus, in his Olivet Discourse, was plainly speaking of Herod's temple. He made this point so graphically, stating it would be removed "stone by stone," that I don't believe the point could've been missed.

This was based on the prophecy of Daniel as well, in which Daniel was told, "the people of the prince will destroy the city and the sanctuary." This happened after the 70 Weeks of years leading up to the earthly ministry of Jesus in 70 AD.

Oseas

Dec 22, 2019
Joinville
Faith
Christian
Country
Brazil
What proof do you have to validate that claim made?

The proof is the Word of GOD. The Word is GOD, understand? His come is prophetic, and the time of his manifestation also is prophetic, don't you know? Now, now, the time of his apperance arrived, as well the time of JESUS coming, don't you know? JESUS is at door, but before His coming there will be the manifestation of the son of perdition, the man of sin, "who will oppose and exalt himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God will sit in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.

Are you still sleeping? It seems you are not ready for any of the two above events that will happen in the days to come or in the short term. Hope that you and all those who think like you awake and rise up fast because the LAST WEEK DANIEL 9:v.27 will start soon, otherwise there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

The coming ot this wicked Prince of Israel, son of perdition, is prophetic. The Word is GOD, understand? 2 Thes. 2:v.6 - And now ye know what withholdeth that he might be revealed in his time. How could fulfill this prophecy without first be born or be made in flesh the son of perdition, a former cherub? Whoever wants to believe, believe. For me, what matters is to warn according the Word of GOD. Well, the Word is GOD.

Ezekiel 33:1-5
3 If when he seeth the sword come upon the land, he blow the trumpet, and warn the people;

4 Then whosoever heareth the sound of the trumpet, and taketh not warning; if the sword come, and take him away, his blood shall be upon his own head.

5 He heard the sound of the trumpet, and took not warning; his blood shall be upon him. But he that taketh warning shall deliver his soul.

Jun 13, 2021
_
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

ok but..
did not one stone of His body remain atop one another?
was He thrown down?
He did not see corruption.
no one takes His life from Him; He lays it down.