Did she know?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
Did she know?You can turn the sound up if thou so desire. There's musick in there.JagLovest thou in Christ Yahshua, Lord and Saviour of the world.

Lookin4wardtoHeaven

Jul 17, 2007
((( Jag))) That was so beautiful!It brought tears to my eyes. God :blessyou:and peace to you .
smile.gif

Letsgofishing

Nov 27, 2007
and that song perfectly explains why catholics honor Mary.she excepted Gods mission for her and brought our God and salvation into the world.your brother in ChristRyan Fitz

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(Letsgofishing;27623)
and that song perfectly explains why catholics honor Mary.she excepted Gods mission for her and brought our God and salvation into the world.your brother in ChristRyan Fitz
She didn't accept the mission. God chose her. It doesn't mean Mary was sinless. I'll stay with honouring the Son.Jag

Letsgofishing

Nov 27, 2007
and bless you for doing that Jag. you do what will bring You closer to God.for If honouring Mary makes you feel that jesus is being made less important in your heart.than Ide rather have you call mary the devil than honor her. still nothing wrong with honoring mary, but our relationship with God is so much more important your brother in christ Ryan Fitz

Letsgofishing

Nov 27, 2007
35And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God. 36And, behold, thy cousin Elisabeth, she hath also conceived a son in her old age: and this is the sixth month with her, who was called barren. 37For with God nothing shall be impossible. 38And Mary said, Behold the handmaid of the Lord; be it unto me according to thy word. And the angel departed from her. Luke 1 35-38sorry I do have to debate with your last statement Jag
smile.gif
because as you see mary did accept your brother in christ Ryan Fitz

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(Letsgofishing;27629)
35And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God. 36And, behold, thy cousin Elisabeth, she hath also conceived a son in her old age: and this is the sixth month with her, who was called barren. 37For with God nothing shall be impossible. 38And Mary said, Behold the handmaid of the Lord; be it unto me according to thy word. And the angel departed from her. Luke 1 35-38sorry I do have to debate with your last statement Jag
smile.gif
because as you see mary did accept your brother in christ Ryan Fitz
Yea, well it's still wrong to do so as Mary is dead. There is no need to honour a dead person. Honour Christ directly since He is living.Jag

Peacebewithyou

Nov 6, 2007
(thesuperjag;27665)
Yea, well it's still wrong to do so as Mary is dead. There is no need to honour a dead person. Honour Christ directly since He is living.Jag
Mary isn't dead. She is alive in heaven.John 11: 26And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. John 6: This is the bread which cometh down from heaven, that a man may eat thereof, and not die.Besides, God is not against us honoring others. He tells us to honor our Mother & Father. Women are told to honor their husbands. Don't confuse honor with worship. We should WORSHIP God alone - but we may honor others and it takes nothing away from God.

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(Peacebewithyou;27704)
(thesuperjag;27665)
Mary isn't dead. She is alive in heaven.John 11: 26And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die.John 6: This is the bread which cometh down from heaven, that a man may eat thereof, and not die.Besides, God is not against us honoring others. He tells us to honor our Mother & Father. Women are told to honor their husbands. Don't confuse honor with worship. We should WORSHIP God alone - but we may honor others and it takes nothing away from God.God is against honouring the dead. Once a person die, (in the flesh) we stop honouring that person. I'll stick with honouring the Son anyday over men. Honouring thy father and thy mother is completely different than honouring the dead...Let's say a dog die. Can a dog hear you after it dies?The only thing that goes back to the Father is the soul, not the flesh and blood body.JagLovest thou in Christ Yahshua, Lord and Saviour of the world.

Peacebewithyou

Nov 6, 2007
(thesuperjag;27708)
God is against honouring the dead. Once a person die, (in the flesh) we stop honouring that person. I'll stick with honouring the Son anyday over men. Honouring thy father and thy mother is completely different than honouring the dead...Let's say a dog die. Can a dog hear you after it dies?The only thing that goes back to the Father is the soul, not the flesh and blood body.JagLovest thou in Christ Yahshua, Lord and Saviour of the world.
My dog can't hear me so well while he's alive. At least it seems that way.
rolleyes.gif
Which verse says that we should no longer honor people once they have gone to heaven?

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(Peacebewithyou;27710)
(thesuperjag;27708)
God is against honouring the dead. Once a person die, (in the flesh) we stop honouring that person. I'll stick with honouring the Son anyday over men. Honouring thy father and thy mother is completely different than honouring the dead...Let's say a dog die. Can a dog hear you after it dies?The only thing that goes back to the Father is the soul, not the flesh and blood body.JagLovest thou in Christ Yahshua, Lord and Saviour of the world.
My dog can't hear me so well while he's alive. At least it seems that way.
rolleyes.gif
Which verse says that we should no longer honor people once they have gone to heaven?Yea, well lately you had ignore my previous questions on past threads, alas, do you want to show me where we can't pray to God indirectly... but here is a scripture for you to ponder...Hebrews 9:27 - And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:Don't preach another gospel. It's useless to take the back gate. (John 10:1)

Peacebewithyou

Nov 6, 2007
(thesuperjag;27714)
Yea, well lately you had ignore my previous questions on past threads, alas, do you want to show me where we can't pray to God indirectly... but here is a scripture for you to ponder...Hebrews 9:27 - And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:Don't preach another gospel. It's useless to take the back gate. (John 10:1)
I'm sorry.. you lost me. No idea what you're talking about. Do you believe that the faithful who have died are not in heaven with the Lord?From Luke: 43And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, Today shalt thou be with me in paradise.

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(Peacebewithyou;27715)
(thesuperjag;27714)
Yea, well lately you had ignore my previous questions on past threads, alas, do you want to show me where we can't pray to God indirectly... but here is a scripture for you to ponder... Hebrews 9:27 - And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment: Don't preach another gospel. It's useless to take the back gate. (John 10:1)
I'm sorry.. you lost me. No idea what you're talking about. Do you believe that the faithful who have died are not in heaven with the Lord? From Luke: 43And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, Today shalt thou be with me in paradise.Ecclesiastes 12:7 - Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it.Nobody will be able to hear your prayers but God Himself from Heaven. This is getting ridiculous.JagLovest thou in Christ Yahshua, Lord and Saviour of the world.

Peacebewithyou

Nov 6, 2007
(thesuperjag;27718)
Ecclesiastes 12:7 - Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it.Nobody will be able to hear your prayers but God Himself from Heaven. This is getting ridiculous.JagLovest thou in Christ Yahshua, Lord and Saviour of the world.
It's not ridiculous at all. There are over 1 billion Catholics who would disagree with you. Multiply that by all the Catholics who have lived throughout history.. Our Church, whom we believe Jesus guides by the Holy Spirit, disagrees with you. If you believe that we are wrong, the Saints cannot hear our prayers, I would ask that you show me the verses in the Bible that support your view. Otherwise, it is just your opinion - which is fine. I respect your right to your own view.

Letsgofishing

Nov 27, 2007
Hey Jag peace be with you needs some backupthere are 4 biblical reasons we believe we can pray to the saints1. All christians are members of Christs body and one another ) 5So we, being many, are one body in Christ, and every one members one of another. ( roman 12:5)2. Jesus has only one body4There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling; ( Eph 4:4)15And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to the which also ye are called in one body; and be ye thankful.( col 3:15)3. death cannot seperate christians from one another35Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword? 36As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter. 37Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us. 38For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, 39Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord. ( rom 8: 35-39)4. Christians are bound in mutual love10Be kindly affectioned one to another with brotherly love; in honour preferring one another; ( Rom 12:10) 11Wherefore comfort yourselves together, and edify one another, even as also ye do. ( 1 Thess 5:11) 2Bear ye one another's burdens, and so fulfil the law of Christ. ( gal 6:2)lets see you fight your way out of that Jag
smile.gif
again I don't really care if you don't pray to the saints, its your relationship with God that matters not you relationship with Maryyour brother in christ Ryan Fitz

Peacebewithyou

Nov 6, 2007
Thanks Ryan.One thing I would like to add ... and maybe Ryan would agree. Prior to becoming Catholic, I thought that they spent all of their time talking about Mary and the Saints. Honestly, that isn't the case. Mary and the Saints barely get a mention - it's honestly all about Jesus. The entire mass is about Him. Our prayers are to God - our focus is on God. I'm not sure you believe me.. but I am being truthful. Catholics adore Jesus. We really do.