Did the Lord plan for Samson to marry a Canaanite?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

TonyChanYT

Sep 13, 2023
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Deuteronomy 7:

3 You shall not intermarry with them, giving your daughters to their sons or taking their daughters for your sons, 4for they would turn away your sons from following me, to serve other gods. Then the anger of the LORD would be kindled against you, and he would destroy you quickly.
Judges 14:

1 Samson went down to Timnah, and at Timnah he saw one of the daughters of the Philistines. 2 Then he came up and told his father and mother, “I saw one of the daughters of the Philistines at Timnah. Now get her for me as my wife.” 3 But his father and mother said to him, “Is there not a woman among the daughters of your relatives, or among all our people, that you must go to take a wife from the uncircumcised Philistines?”
Samson's parents were acting according to Deuteronomy 7:3.

But Samson said to his father, “Get her for me, for she is right in my eyes.”
4 His father and mother did not know that it was from the LORD, for he was seeking an opportunity against the Philistines. At that time the Philistines ruled over Israel.

I'd stick to the wording of the Scripture instead of using the word "plan". God used Samson's weakness for beautiful Philistine women to accomplish His goals.

Reactions: Ronald Nolette

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Deuteronomy 7:

Judges 14:

Samson's parents were acting according to Deuteronomy 7:3.

I'd stick to the wording of the Scripture instead of using the word "plan". God used Samson's weakness for beautiful Philistine women to accomplish His goals.
I doubt the Lord planned for Samson to marry a Canaanite, but he probably knew it would happen.