Did You Forget Something?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Did You Forget Something?

double-divider-02.gif

And my God will meet all your needs according to his glorious riches in Christ Jesus (Philippians 4:19, NIV).

divider-02.gif

Posted by Victoria Osteen on May 9th, 2011

Over the course of my life, I've done a lot of traveling. As a young girl, I traveled with my mother to make purchases for her jewelry business. Then when I married Joel, we traveled with his father doing missions work throughout the world. And in recent years, Joel and I have traveled extensively bringing the message of hope to tens of thousands in cities all over the United States and abroad. Suffice it to say, I've packed a lot of suitcases over the years. As much as I have packed, it seems that every time I go to close my suitcase I start thinking, "Did I forget something? What am I missing?" Sometimes I pull everything out and check it twice. When our children were younger, I'd pack for them too, and the thought of forgetting something they needed had me triple checking.

Many people get anxious before they travel. They want to be prepared, they don't want to miss their flight, and they want to make sure they have everything they need when they reach their destination. In our spiritual journey, we may be tempted to get anxious, too. We may wonder if we are prepared for our destiny, if we have what it takes, or if we overlooked something we needed. We want to be at the right place at the right time, and we want to please God.

Well, I have good news for you today because your trip has already been arranged, and your bags are already packed! God Himself has packed your bags, and He's left nothing out. He's thought of every detail and equipped you with everything you need. You have the right gifts and talents, you have the right personality, you have the right connections, and you have everything you need to make it through and overcome in this life.

Today, you don't have to worry or be anxious about a single detail of your journey in life because He's got you in the palm of His hand. The next time you start wondering if you are equipped, just declare, "My bags are packed, and I have everything I need to fulfill my destiny in Jesus' name!"