Different ideas

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Marakorpa

Aug 26, 2017
Coffs Harbour NSW
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I Fear to tread here, for fear that I will be trod on: But I am intrepid, an adventurer and a fool of sorts, so here goes.

Who created the Hell of Christendom? Is hell and hades not just the common grave? What is meant by the "Memorial Tombs". Why would Adam and Eve have needed an immortal soul if they were to live on a paradise earth forever, as was the original promise? Has the promise of mankind living on a paradise earth been withdrawn or is it still in the plan by God? Was Jesus immortal before he was raised to the heavens after his death?

History" The "Life Hereafter" concept did not appear in man's history until the times of the Egyptian Pharaohs, who declared themselves gods.

Pagan Rome, of Constantine's time, had three trinities in its tenet or dogma.

twinc

Apr 3, 2011
Faith
Country
United Kingdom
I Fear to tread here, for fear that I will be trod on: But I am intrepid, an adventurer and a fool of sorts, so here goes.

Who created the Hell of Christendom? Is hell and hades not just the common grave? What is meant by the "Memorial Tombs". Why would Adam and Eve have needed an immortal soul if they were to live on a paradise earth forever, as was the original promise? Has the promise of mankind living on a paradise earth been withdrawn or is it still in the plan by God? Was Jesus immortal before he was raised to the heavens after his death?

History" The "Life Hereafter" concept did not appear in man's history until the times of the Egyptian Pharaohs, who declared themselves gods.

where did the tigers in Australia come from - twinc

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Marakorpa

I for one do not believe in the hell embraced by most of Christendom. Catholicism got it from who knows where and the Protestants who came out from Catholicism brought it with them. I recently posted on another thread a list of scriptures as why I believe they are wrong. Of course, that does not mean that everyone is with me on this now, does it?

Reactions: Helen

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy

What do you mean by an immortal soul?
Isn't every soul immortal?
Or is it only if you believe in the dichotomy concept.
In the Trichotomy concept the Spirit becomes immortal, and the soul mortal.
I have a problem with this.
If the soul makes us who we are,
how could it not be IMMORTAL in both cases?

Rollo Tamasi

Aug 28, 2017
Inverness, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What do you mean by an immortal soul?
Isn't every soul immortal?
Or is it only if you believe in the dichotomy concept.
In the Trichotomy concept the Spirit becomes immortal, and the soul mortal.
I have a problem with this.
If the soul makes us who we are,
how could it not be IMMORTAL in both cases?
The Bible says that when we die, God takes back his spirit he gave us.
Ecclesiastes 12:7;
"and the dust returns to the ground it came from, and the spirit returns to God who gave it."

Reactions: Job

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
The Bible says that when we die, God takes back his spirit he gave us.
Ecclesiastes 12:7;
"and the dust returns to the ground it came from, and the spirit returns to God who gave it."
OK.
But if we're made up of 3 separate componants:
Body
Soul
Spirit

And it's the SOUL that makes us what we are,
shouldn't the soul also be immortal?

I think when we die both our soul and our spirit go to be with God.
Only our body will not be there.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

All things are a manifestation of things on high. What you have just asked about mixes then together, while the plan of God is to separate them.

So, then, if you read of Egyptian Pharaohs concepts or scientific findings of millions of years, they are not wrong and the word of God correct. No, they are both manifest in the world. But we should understand that even error and rebellion are manifest, as is the truth from God - both good and evil.

Consider the word of God the answer key.

Frank Lee

Feb 23, 2017
Ouachita Mountains
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I realize that you have not placed your trust in Jesus as savior. Not being a new creation in Christ or having been baptized in His Holy Spirit your unbelief is plain. You must come to know Him in truth.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It seems to me that a soul is a person; body and Spirit. A Christian soul is body, spirit united with Christ

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Matthew 10
And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.

No mention of a spirit. I believe spirit and soul are interchangeable.

o

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've learned that the term 'soul' is a Hellenistic term - that is is a part of Plato's philosophy. Yet, I do see the term in the Bible in the context of spirit. Has anyone else heard this?

Reactions: Truth

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian

I would say Hell is like a place where the soul goes after the body dies. For those not in the shelter of the most high it is a place of torment by demons. The spirit may be different though, closer to God than the soul by my limited understanding.

"Memorial tombs" is not found in most translations of John 5:28. They simply say "grave."

Did you ever hear of a "mortal soul?" What makes you think one exists? It would alter human nature if we did not have an immortal soul, you may as well be asking 'why did God create us in the first place.'

No plan of God has ever been withdrawn. He may have to purge the earth to accomplish them though.

Jesus is the Alpha and Omega, beginning and end. So he has been here through all time.

Many people gained glimpses into the nature of God, some laws, and the eternal gospel. But Romans 9:4: "Who are Israelites; to whom pertaineth the adoption, and the glory, and the covenants, and the giving of the law, and the service of God, and the promises;"