Different Realities

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sooo I am unsure what to think about the Mandela effect. It was very interesting looking into and I think there is something to it. I don't think everything mentioned has changed. I think things can be misremembered. But...like the Uncle Sam Poster...his hat never had stripes? And if you wiki this it never had stripes? This among other things... Small details yes, but it is the idea of it changing that is scary. History being rewritten. And in today's media age, it can happen. There is something to it. I am not looking into it anymore, because I obsess, I get anxious, and can't do anything about it anyhow except sound a little coo-coo. Rationally I think more on parts of history are being rewritten and a social media experiment (like fruit of the loom supposedly never had a cornicopia).

But what Id like to hear thoughts on are on quantum theory and string theory I really know nothing about. Could different realities exist if God lives outside time and space?

I think it is hard for me to get this subject off my mind, because there is just so much I am misremembering that millions of others misremember in the exact same way. Ive never had the best memory and I get it. Those little details don't matter and people look over them. But the drawings of how people remember it. I remember this way.

I know I get caught up in the what if's and everything and the hypothetical questions. But crazy as it sounds, I really think little details/names/logos, have changed. I am not going there with the Bible. But it is bone chilling.

I don't want to put in my daughter's mind certain things as she gets older. But I do want to pay attention, because this world is crazy already. And end times does involve mass deception that can come in any shape or form.

I do want to look into good ways to improve my memory, because sleep deprivation with an infant, anxiety, medicine, whatever. I know I don't remember a lot anyway. So advice on how to improve memory is welcome too.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I get anxious, and can't do anything about it anyhow except sound a little coo-coo.
That would be cuckoo, as in " I start to get a little cuckoo" -- wacky.;)

But what Id like to hear thoughts on are on quantum theory and string theory I really know nothing about.
No one else does either, unless you are a genius. Just put that aside.
Could different realities exist if God lives outside time and space?
That should be evident from the Bible. The realities of Heaven are not the same as the realities of earth.
I think it is hard for me to get this subject off my mind, because there is just so much I am misremembering that millions of others misremember in the exact same way.
Looks like you are obsessing about forgetfulness. Just go easy on yourself and write things down. You could title your page "Things I would lke to remember". Then if something does not come to mind, go back to your reference sheet. And Voila!
I know I get caught up in the what if's and everything and the hypothetical questions.
One of the entries on your reference sheet should be "No more what-ifs".
But I do want to pay attention, because this world is crazy already.
All the more reason to shut out all the external noises, shut off Facebook, Twitter, and all social media, and ignore the MSM (mainstream media). Tell yourself "This is 99.5% garbage". And that is true.
And end times does involve mass deception that can come in any shape or form.
That should not apply to you or any child of God. The deception is for those who reject Christ and reject the Gospel and the Word of God.
So advice on how to improve memory is welcome too.
People generally short-change themselves anyway. Given the fact that just about any information is available on the Internet today, you do not have to commit anything to memory (other than Bible verses). And for the rest, you simply need to make yourself a "To Do" pad, and at the end of each day jot down what you wish to do tomorrow. Then go out tomorrow and *Seize the Day* (Carpe Diem).

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That would be cuckoo, as in " I start to get a little cuckoo" -- wacky.;)

No one else does either, unless you are a genius. Just put that aside.

That should be evident from the Bible. The realities of Heaven are not the same as the realities of earth.

Looks like you are obsessing about forgetfulness. Just go easy on yourself and write things down. You could title your page "Things I would lke to remember". Then if something does not come to mind, go back to your reference sheet. And Voila!

One of the entries on your reference sheet should be "No more what-ifs".

All the more reason to shut out all the external noises, shut off Facebook, Twitter, and all social media, and ignore the MSM (mainstream media). Tell yourself "This is 99.5% garbage". And that is true.

That should not apply to you or any child of God. The deception is for those who reject Christ and reject the Gospel and the Word of God.

People generally short-change themselves anyway. Given the fact that just about any information is available on the Internet today, you do not have to commit anything to memory (other than Bible verses). And for the rest, you simply need to make yourself a "To Do" pad, and at the end of each day jot down what you wish to do tomorrow. Then go out tomorrow and *Seize the Day* (Carpe Diem).

Cuckoo. Okay that isn't mandela effect, bad spelling on my part there. Bahaha. My church is actually doing a 21 day fast for those who want to participate. I am thinking of trying media, as much as possible. Only keep my phone for emergencies, but completely stay off phone, prolly keep cartoons for my daughter and music/ but internet, etc. It is the only thing I am doubting I actually can do, which is all the more reason to do it. I want those connections off the internet and work on memory and connections off media. And scripture memory. The battlefield of the mind is the toughest battle.

I know the mind takes in thousands of little details a day. So maybe a few hundred isn't all that bad getting wrong. I am a pretty rational person, but I do leave room for the unimaginable. Otherwise man would have never landed on the moon.

And I understand the Great Deception is for unbelievers. It doesn't mean believers shouldn't keep watch. But anxiety is not of God, nor confusion. It is why I'll stop with this topic after this thread. It is still on my mind, but I did leave the ME facebook groups and looking on Reddit. I need to consider Google my enemy.

But I think Christians especially need to keep their memory sharp. After I finish nursing I am checking into a specific vitamin to target that.

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I definitely believe that if I get off media, I can grow closer in my walk with God during this time.

Reactions: Enoch111

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Psychologists explain the Mandela Effect via memory and social effects – particularly false memory. This involves mistakenly recalling events or experiences that have not occurred, or distortion of existing memories. the point to notice is it is a distortion of memory, nothing more.

As for string theory and other realities, they are just that theories, ideas without any material proof and have no relevance for daily Christian living.

There is only one way to get closer to God, spend more time with him.
As a puritan once wrote:-
" If you want extra ordinary experiences of God. Enlarge your ordinary devoutions."
i.e. spend more time in bible study, prayer, meditation and Christian service.
or to put it another way, live a Christian life style.

Reactions: Mayflower

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My personal take on the supposed Mandela Effect where Bible verses is concerned is that we've just had a lot of help receiving bad, inaccurate interpretations of verses that have become so mainstreamed that when someone comes along and points them out, suddenly things get attributed to the Mandela Effect instead of what's really going on: Someone who actually reads and knows the scriptures is finally correcting a misconception that has become popularized.

I like the video at the end of the article I will post below. He points out that artist's renditions of the lion and the wolf and how they began to change over time caused Christians to adopt the phrase "the lion and the lamb" when scripture never actually taught this. Medieval artists did the same thing with angels. In order to distinguish them from men, they depicted them with wings, but in scripture most of the angels that appeared were of the class that has no wings. They appear as men, which is why they are often described as "men" even though the context makes it clear they were angels.

Never leave theology to artists (and the same goes here for getting your theology from contemporary Christian songwriters). You may be deeply moved by their art, but their theology will often rot the timbers out of your understanding of God's word.
Debunking the So-Called Biblical Mandela Effects

Last edited:

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My personal take on the supposed Mandela Effect where Bible verses is concerned is that we've just had a lot of help receiving bad, inaccurate interpretations of verses that have become so mainstreamed that when someone comes along and points them out, suddenly things get attributed to the Mandela Effect instead of what's really going on: Someone who actually reads and knows the scriptures is finally correcting a misconception that has become popularized.

I like the video at the end of the article I will post below. He points out that artist's renditions of the lion and the wolf and how they began to change over time caused Christians to adopt the phrase "the lion and the lamb" when scripture never actually taught this. Medieval artists did the same thing with angels. In order to distinguish them from men, they depicted them with wings, but in scripture most of the angels that appeared were of the class that has no wings. They appear as men, which is why they are often described as "men" even though the context makes it clear they were angels.

Never leave theology to artists (and the same goes here for getting your theology from contemporary Christian songwriters). You may be deeply moved by their art, but their theology will often rot the timbers out of your understanding of God's word.
Debunking the So-Called Biblical Mandela Effects

I’ve often even wondered about the illustrations of Satan with long sharp claws and a pitchfork. Satan is described as one of God’s most beautiful creations. Where do we get claws that tear at a persons flesh in agony of possession? Legion the man possessed with many demons? he cut himself in torment. Where do the illustrations of the devil come from and do they fit scripture? Where do we get hideously ugly when God says he made him beautiful? Makes one really hesitant to buy into what man says.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Sooo I am unsure what to think about the Mandela effect. It was very interesting looking into and I think there is something to it. I don't think everything mentioned has changed. I think things can be misremembered. But...like the Uncle Sam Poster...his hat never had stripes? And if you wiki this it never had stripes? This among other things... Small details yes, but it is the idea of it changing that is scary. History being rewritten. And in today's media age, it can happen. There is something to it. I am not looking into it anymore, because I obsess, I get anxious, and can't do anything about it anyhow except sound a little coo-coo. Rationally I think more on parts of history are being rewritten and a social media experiment (like fruit of the loom supposedly never had a cornicopia).

But what Id like to hear thoughts on are on quantum theory and string theory I really know nothing about. Could different realities exist if God lives outside time and space?

I think it is hard for me to get this subject off my mind, because there is just so much I am misremembering that millions of others misremember in the exact same way. Ive never had the best memory and I get it. Those little details don't matter and people look over them. But the drawings of how people remember it. I remember this way.

I know I get caught up in the what if's and everything and the hypothetical questions. But crazy as it sounds, I really think little details/names/logos, have changed. I am not going there with the Bible. But it is bone chilling.

I don't want to put in my daughter's mind certain things as she gets older. But I do want to pay attention, because this world is crazy already. And end times does involve mass deception that can come in any shape or form.

I do want to look into good ways to improve my memory, because sleep deprivation with an infant, anxiety, medicine, whatever. I know I don't remember a lot anyway. So advice on how to improve memory is welcome too.
There are so many absorbing things and sybolisms in the world that can intrigue and disturb; but it's good to be able to keep 'looking unto Jesus, the Author and Finisher of our faith' (Hebrews 12.2), day by day.

As regards quantum theory, I do think God's omniscience shows that His mind is both bigger, and smaller and minute than, the scales of understanding that we have when looking at the physical world. We serve a great God!

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I’ve often even wondered about the illustrations of Satan with long sharp claws and a pitchfork. Satan is described as one of God’s most beautiful creations. Where do we get claws that tear at a persons flesh in agony of possession? Legion the man possessed with many demons? he cut himself in torment. Where do the illustrations of the devil come from and do they fit scripture? Where do we get hideously ugly when God says he made him beautiful? Makes one really hesitant to buy into what man says.

Good point! Now I do believe Satan can manifest in multiple forms and his truest ones reflect his extremely wicked nature. But scripture says he also can manifest himself as an angel of light, and you're correct: He was created beautiful and can still appear so when it suits his purposes. And the Biblical imagery was of him roaming about like a roaring lion seeking whom he may devour. But the world doesn't want to take him seriously so that imagery doesn't show up. But the tradition of the good angel/ bad angel on our shoulders goes way back to some very early pseudo-Christian early church document, as I recall, and I guess artists of the world (especially in cartoons) liked it because they can poke fun at the notion of a pitchfork guy in the red suit on your shoulder.

As you were saying, the man in the cemetery cut himself, and many influenced by demons go even farther than that to taking their own lives, or commit mass murder. NOTHING funny about evil voices that tell people to do unspeakable things.

Last edited:

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

The only reality is God's reality. And historically, there is only one worldly reality. But that worldly reality is different in many ways with different people...because the world is a manifestation (a revelation) of our individual reality with God. Both angels and demons are exposed "as they are", meaning that just as God is "I am", so too is everyone in spirit. Thus, if one person is of his father the devil, his reality exist within the same world as the reality of demons, but it in the same world as a child of God. But if one is a child of God, his reality exist within the same world beside the demon is the same in the world, but different in the world to come. For a time, times, and half a time, we are wheat among tares.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Where do we get hideously ugly when God says he made him beautiful?
If you know your Bible you should also know that while God made Lucifer beautiful, the devil chose to make himself as ugly as possible on the inside. He became Ha Satan -- the Adversary of God and man. And a being's physical appearance reflects his inner character. So Satan is now hideously ugly, a liar and a murderer from the beginning, and the Father of all lies. Dragon's are never beautiful.

dragon-149393__340.png

As to the so-called "Mandela Effect" it is simply as nonsensical as the Elvis Effect.

Last edited:

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The imagery of Satan and demons comes from the imaginations of men and paganism.

Of course demons use such things to their advantage.

They can look like anything they want, Including aliens in or out of spaceships.

Last edited:

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just an observation here. Those with the gift of discernment of spirits can see demons in possessed people, etc.

For everyone else they can only see demons when the demons want to be seen.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you know your Bible you should also know that while God made Lucifer beautiful, the devil chose to make himself as ugly as possible on the inside. He became Ha Satan -- the Adversary of God and man. And a being's physical appearance reflects his inner character. So Satan is now hideously ugly, a liar and a murderer from the beginning, and the Father of all lies. Dragon's are never beautiful.

dragon-149393__340.png

As to the so-called "Mandela Effect" it is simply as nonsensical as the Elvis Effect.

While I do get your point on physical appearance reflects the inner...still the outward can be deceiving. As Isaiah 53:2-5 tells of One with inner beauty: For he shall grow up before him as a tender plant, and as a root out of a dry ground: he hath no form nor comeliness; and when we shall see him, there is no beauty that we should desire him. [3] He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief: and we hid as it were our faces from him; he was despised, and we esteemed him not. [4] Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted. [5] But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.

Also (IMO) dragons do not breathe fire. That is Satan who kindles fires.

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The phrase foundation of the world is always associated with the creation of the world.

Before is always used in context, I believe, before the creation of the world and eternity before.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Also (IMO) dragons do not breathe fire.
Don't be so sure, especially since you are contradicting God.

JOB 41
1 Canst thou draw out leviathan with an hook? or his tongue with a cord which thou lettest down?...
18 By his neesings
[SNEEZINGS] a light doth shine, and his eyes are like the eyelids of the morning.
19 Out of his mouth go burning lamps, and sparks of fire leap out.
20 Out of his nostrils goeth smoke, as out of a seething pot or caldron.
21 His breath kindleth coals, and a flame goeth out of his mouth.