Discerning What Jesus Is Talking About in Matthew 7:13-27

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

JesusIsFaithful

Feb 24, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We should be discerning with Him on what Jesus was talking about in Matthew 7:13-27 in comparison with Luke 13:24-30 at this link below at Bible Gateway.

1 Thessalonians 5:21 Prove all things; hold fast that which is good. 22 Abstain from all appearance of evil. 23 And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. 24 Faithful is he that calleth you, who also will do it. 25 Brethren, pray for us.

James 1:5 If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.

Bible Gateway passage: Matthew 7:13-27, Luke 13:24-30 - King James Version

I believe Jesus is talking about how it applies today in these movements of the "spirit" where saved believers are seeking to receive the "Spirit " apart from salvation after signs.

The iniquity spoken of in Matthew 7:21-23 whereby all these signs come by is Matthew 7:13-14 where they broaden the way in coming to God the Father by including invitations to go to the Holy Spirit to invoke to fall on them after a sign.

The fruit of the false prophet is being ecumenical in nature and coming into the churches ( Matthew 7:15-16 ) which the "holy laughter movement was across the denomenations in 1994 as happening in Catholic churches and Protestant churches, thus no longer just a streamlined Pentecostal/Charismatic phenomenal event.

Other movements of the "Spirit" are, 'being slain in the "Spirit" ', Toronto's Blessings, Pensacola Outpouring, seeking to receive the Holy Spirit with evidence of tongues apart from salvation, seeking to receive "another" baptism with the Holy Ghost with evidence of tongues, holy laughter movement, 'being drunk in the "Spirit", Ernest Anegley's Heaking Crusade where he invokes the Holy Spirit to come down and bring about healing with his "Wooooooo..." and others that has the same rudiment or practice of calling the Holy Spirit down on saved believers to receive after a sign.

The same rudiment found in all of these movements of the "Spirit" is the same tree which is seeking to receive the Holy Spirit separate from salvation after a sensational sign in the flesh, even tongues which never comes with interpretation. "Holy rollers" as definitive of those how they fall in these movements, will defend one movement of the "Spirit" while condemning another movement of the "Spirit" as not of Him, and some will say the other is of the devil, but that was why Jesus said what He did in Matthew 7:17-20 that if one fruit ( movement of the "Spirit" has been judged evil by that same rudiment of seeking to receive the Holy Spirit apart from salvation; then by that same rudiment which is that same tree, then it is all bad.

Yes.. even when they declare casting out devils in His name, prophesying in His name, or doing wonderful works in His name, those signs and lying wonders are all bad coming from that same evil tree.

Matthew 7:24-27 tops it off as proof that it is evil, in every movement of the "Spirit" or whenever a believers seeks to receive the Holy Spirit separate from salvation or experienced a spirit coming over them bringing tongues separate from the time he was saved, when they fall down as per loss of self control, that is what they get for going to the "Spirit" for signs to receive as Jesus is the only way to come to God the Father by for anything as only the Son can answers prayers; ( John 14:6.13-14 )

So I believe Matthew 7:13-27 is Jesus warning them about broadening the way in how we come to God the Father by as they become workers of iniquity by asking & thus invoking the Holy Spirit to come & fall on them in these movements of the "Spirit".

Luke 13:24-30 offers the solution by striving to enter thru the straight gate, keeping your eye on the Son all the time because the Bridegroom will be coming soon for the abiding bride of Christ. Otherwise, they run the risk of being left behind to be received later on after the great tribulation as vessels unto dishonor in His House which is a damnation in & of itself, but the prodigal son will return because he is still son, albeit, he can never have that first inheritance was given up for wild living.

So may God be peradventuring to recover some from this snare of the devil, but as it is that is what I believe Matthew 7:13-27 & Luke 13:24-30 is all about in regards to false prophets to be recognized as coming into the churches as this iniquity can happen in any denomenation to lure many saved believers away from the faith in chasing after them for a sign.

So if any one wish to point out that I have applied those verses wrong, be sure to explain every points of what Jesus is saying if He was not talking about those movements of the "Spirit" which everything in that reference has been applied towards as that false prophet.

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We should be discerning with Him on what Jesus was talking about in Matthew 7:13-27 in comparison with Luke 13:24-30 at this link below at Bible Gateway.
He's talking about counterfeit christians. People that talk the talk but don't walk the walk. He's also saying He doesn't recognize their pious behavior and the doors to the kingdom of heaven will never be open to them.

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus is faithful just what do you think happens when one is saved? how can one be saved without being born again, if Jesus says you MUST be born again.

Joh 3:3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

and that is by Grace through Faith for us gentiles.

how is it that one can be saved and not be a part of the Kingdom of God?

the true gospel comes through the born again therefore he who responds to the Gospel via a born again will be born again. the true gospel only requires one to believe on His name, and one can be born again.

don't fool yourself even the devil knows Jesus is the Christ and knows the scripture forwards and backwards, and they acknowledged Him in the gospels. Satan knows what God looks like, but he's going to tell you otherwise.

Last edited:

JesusIsFaithful

Feb 24, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He's talking about counterfeit christians. People that talk the talk but don't walk the walk. He's also saying He doesn't recognize their pious behavior and the doors to the kingdom of heaven will never be open to them.

Thanks for replying, however, you could go over each of those verses to prove your point.

As it is, Jesus warning about false prophets coming into the churches to lead many astray is hardly calling them counterfeit christians as if they are not really His or not saved.

Any work of iniquity done by a saved believer denies Him; other than just plain denying Him as some do to save their own lives.

Titus 1:13 This witness is true. Wherefore rebuke them sharply, that they may be sound in the faith; 14 Not giving heed to Jewish fables, and commandments of men, that turn from the truth. 15 Unto the pure all things are pure: but unto them that are defiled and unbelieving is nothing pure; but even their mind and conscience is defiled. 16 They profess that they know God; but in works they deny him, being abominable, and disobedient, and unto every good work reprobate.

So when any one denies Him, verbally or by religious works that denies Him, He will deny them in return at the pre trib rapture event, BUT even though they do not believe in Him any more as former believers will be left behind also, He still abides in them, including all unrepentant believer.

2 Timothy 2:12 If we suffer, we shall also reign with him: if we deny him, he also will deny us: 13 If we believe not, yet he abideth faithful: he cannot deny himself.

So there is no counterfiet christians or fake believers, but christians that have gone astray or unrepentant believers, and so when Jesus announced them as never knowing them hence denying knowing them, it was because they were workers of iniquity that were denying Him first.

Matthew 7:21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. 22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? 23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Luke 13:24 Strive to enter in at the strait gate: for many, I say unto you, will seek to enter in, and shall not be able. 25 When once the master of the house is risen up, and hath shut to the door, and ye begin to stand without, and to knock at the door, saying, Lord, Lord, open unto us; and he shall answer and say unto you, I know you not whence ye are: 26 Then shall ye begin to say, We have eaten and drunk in thy presence, and thou hast taught in our streets. 27 But he shall say, I tell you, I know you not whence ye are; depart from me, all ye workers of iniquity.

Luke 13:24-27 identifies the iniquity by how they were coming to God by which was by going after the Holy Spirit as if He is another way to come to God the Father by when all invitations only points to the Son.

JesusIsFaithful

Feb 24, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus is faithful just what do you think happens when one is saved? how can one be saved without being born again, if Jesus says you MUST be born again.

Joh 3:3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

and that is by Grace through Faith for us gentiles.

how is it that one can be saved and not be a part of the Kingdom of God?

the true gospel comes through the born again therefore he who responds to the Gospel via a born again will be born again. the true gospel only requires one to believe on His name, and one can be born again.

don't fool yourself even the devil knows Jesus is the Christ and knows the scripture forwards and backwards, and they acknowledged Him in the gospels. Satan knows what God looks like, but he's going to tell you otherwise.

I didn't say they were not part of the kingdom of God. I was testifying to what Jesus was talking about in Matthew 7:13-27 & Luke 13:24-30 on how saved believers found in iniquity will be "disqualified" from attending the Marriage Supper of the Lamb to be received later on as vessels unto dishonor in His House or also known as the least in the kingdom of God.

The pre trib rapture is when God judges His House first and there is a damnation in the kingdom of God and that is to become a castaway; a reprobate, a vessel unto dishonor BUT still in His House thus the least in the kingdom of Heaven.

Matthew 5:19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

The loss of the first inheritance to be vessels unto honor in His House will cause many saved but unrepentant believers to weep and gnash their teeth like Esau over the loss of his birthright for a meal, but God will perform a miracle to help them get past their loss by wiping the tears from their eyes because the prodigal son is still son even though he gave up his first inheritance for wild living.

We are not saved by our works, but we shall be judged by what we build on that foundation even when done religiously since we are to trust Jesus Christ as our Good Shepherd to finish His work in us to His glory; not ours as we can only run this race by looking to the author & finisher of our faith to help us lay aside every weight & sin since we can only live this reconciled relationship with God thru Jesus Christ.

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I didn't say they were not part of the kingdom of God. I was testifying to what Jesus was talking about in Matthew 7:13-27 & Luke 13:24-30 on how saved believers found in iniquity will be "disqualified" from attending the Marriage Supper of the Lamb to be received later on as vessels unto dishonor in His House or also known as the least in the kingdom of God.

The pre trib rapture is when God judges His House first and there is a damnation in the kingdom of God and that is to become a castaway; a reprobate, a vessel unto dishonor BUT still in His House thus the least in the kingdom of Heaven.

Matthew 5:19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

The loss of the first inheritance to be vessels unto honor in His House will cause many saved but unrepentant believers to weep and gnash their teeth like Esau over the loss of his birthright for a meal, but God will perform a miracle to help them get past their loss by wiping the tears from their eyes because the prodigal son is still son even though he gave up his first inheritance for wild living.

We are not saved by our works, but we shall be judged by what we build on that foundation even when done religiously since we are to trust Jesus Christ as our Good Shepherd to finish His work in us to His glory; not ours as we can only run this race by looking to the author & finisher of our faith to help us lay aside every weight & sin since we can only live this reconciled relationship with God thru Jesus Christ.

na , there's not dishonor in the Kingdom of Heaven, and all that are in the Kingdom of Heaven or Kingdom of God have been forgiven and their sins have been washed away, there's no "and your sin will be held against you" promises in the Kingdom of Heaven. you can be denied entry yes, with weeping and gnashing of teeth, but no sins held against you should you have been born of the Holy Spirit.

so unless you've been there your self and have returned, just what is it you are testifying of, testimonies are of those who witness to others their experiences. and how is it you know more than Paul does:

1Co 3:11 For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ. 12 Now if any man build upon this foundation gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, stubble; 13 Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is. 14 If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward. 15 If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.

as Paul has said, and Moses has said, our God is a consuming fire, therefore that is the Judgement seeing that what survives His Presence shall live and that which lives is of Him. His fire doesn't remove that which is of Himself. simple.

all that stays in the Kingdom of God is of God, and in God there is no dishonor.

you may be correct about what you are thinking, but what your thinking doesn't jive with the simple Truth of God. you should stay with you are speculating, that would be honest, instead of saying you are testifying.

It is true that there is the chosen house of David son of Jessi and the Kingdom of Israel, but all are children of Israel (Jacob) hence in the Kingdom of God there is the House as described by Jesus and there is the Kingdom of God but all are born of the Holy Spirit, in which there again is no dishonor.

Last edited:

JesusIsFaithful

Feb 24, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
na , there's not dishonor in the Kingdom of Heaven, and all that are in the Kingdom of Heaven or Kingdom of God have been forgiven and their sins have been washed away, there's no "and your sin will be held against you" promises in the Kingdom of Heaven. you can be denied entry yes, with weeping and gnashing of teeth, but no sins held against you should you have been born of the Holy Spirit.

so unless you've been there your self and have returned, just what is it you are testifying of, testimonies are of those who witness to others their experiences. and how is it you know more than Paul does:

Only by wisdom from the Lord as that is Who Paul got that wisdom from.

You are confusing "sins held against you" as if that meant to deny salvation when the Holy Spirit is in you no matter what, but any one that sows to the works of the flesh in reaping corruption, are going to get some comeuppance from the Father. Oh yeah. There is condemnation to those that do walk in the flesh.

You cite this reference below which I will leave out of quote so you can read this, but I will add that which shows that comeuppance.

1Co 3:11 For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ. 12 Now if any man build upon this foundation gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, stubble; 13 Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is. 14 If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward. 15 If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire......16 Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you? 17 If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are.

as Paul has said, and Moses has said, our God is a consuming fire, therefore that is the Judgement seeing that what survives His Presence shall live and that which lives is of Him. His fire doesn't remove that which is of Himself. simple.

The wages of sin is death. Physical death which is testified in verses 16 & 17 above that you had left out from your reference in context. That means when God judges His House at the pre trib rapture event, some will become castaways to be received as vessels unto dishonor in His House later on.

1 Corinthians 9:24 Know ye not that they which run in a race run all, but one receiveth the prize? So run, that ye may obtain. 25 And every man that striveth for the mastery is temperate in all things. Now they do it to obtain a corruptible crown; but we an incorruptible. 26 I therefore so run, not as uncertainly; so fight I, not as one that beateth the air: 27 But I keep under my body, and bring it into subjection: lest that by any means, when I have preached to others, I myself should be a castaway.

So the loss of the rewards of crowns is not the only consequence for not abiding in Him; becoming a castaway unto the great tribulation is.

Revelation 2:21 And I gave her space to repent of her fornication; and she repented not. 22 Behold, I will cast her into a bed, and them that commit adultery with her into great tribulation, except they repent of their deeds. 23 And I will kill her children with death; and all the churches shall know that I am he which searcheth the reins and hearts: and I will give unto every one of you according to your works.

John 15:4 Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me. 5 I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing. 6 If a man abide not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and men gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they are burned.

1 Corinthians 5:4 In the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, when ye are gathered together, and my spirit, with the power of our Lord Jesus Christ, 5 To deliver such an one unto Satan for the destruction of the flesh, that the spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord Jesus.

As the church is supposed to do towards an unrepentant & wayward believer symbolically by excommunication, God will literally do at the pre trib rapture event.

all that stays in the Kingdom of God is of God, and in God there is no dishonor.

Do take note how the dishonor are those that did not depart from iniquity because by departing from iniquity is how one is received as a vessel unto honor.

2 Timothy 2:19 Nevertheless the foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal, The Lord knoweth them that are his. And, let every one that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity. 20 But in a great house there are not only vessels of gold and of silver, but also of wood and of earth; and some to honour, and some to dishonour. 21 If a man therefore purge himself from these, he shall be a vessel unto honour, sanctified, and meet for the master's use, and prepared unto every good work.

you may be correct about what you are thinking, but what your thinking doesn't jive with the simple Truth of God. you should stay with you are speculating, that would be honest, instead of saying you are testifying.

The foundation which was laid by Christ Jesus; hence our salvation cannot be removed, but the works there upon will be judged.

Ask yourself how can there be any vessels unto dishonor in His House? Because they were not found abiding in Him when the Bridegroom had come.

Ask yourself again, how can there be any one called the least in the kingdom of God in according to His words? By doing and teaching iniquity.

It is true that there is the chosen house of David son of Jessi and the Kingdom of Israel, but all are children of Israel (Jacob) hence in the Kingdom of God there is the House as described by Jesus and there is the Kingdom of God but all are born of the Holy Spirit, in which there again is no dishonor.

There is when saved believers do not trust Jesus Christ in being their Good Shepherd to help them discern iniquity and to lean on Him to depart from them and be continually kept from them by His power.

That is why His disciples are to teach saved believers everything He taught so they can too trust Him to be their Good Shepherd in helping them to follow Him as His disciples to be found abiding in Him and willing to go when the Bridegroom comes.[/QUOTE]