• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

marksman

My eldest granddaughter showing the result of her
Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I hope this is in the right place and if so I thought I would share what has been going on with me.

I have been praying a lot about my desire to see a New Testament Church come about where I live and what I could do to make it happen.

I have had several dreams of late that have addressed this topic, mainly to show me no, that is not how it will happen. My ideas were gradually being slapped down one by one. When I got fed up with this, I gave up and stopped thinking about how I would go about it and asked the Lord how he would go about it.

The next night I was woken by my dream which gave the answer.

The way it was to happen was to meet for fellowship, food, prayer, and teaching. I saw a group of people all sitting together for the day and they were doing one of those four things in no particular order. Some were eating. Some were praying. Some were being taught and some were just chatting. The activity ebbed and flowed and no one was in control. People were just doing what the Holy Spirit was leading them to do. The meeting went from about 11 in the morning till about 4 in the afternoon. The children either joined in what the adults were doing or playing with toys that had been provided.

All I needed now was for someone who could share the vision to join me.

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I hope this is in the right place and if so I thought I would share what has been going on with me.

I have been praying a lot about my desire to see a New Testament Church come about where I live and what I could do to make it happen.

I have had several dreams of late that have addressed this topic, mainly to show me no, that is not how it will happen. My ideas were gradually being slapped down one by one. When I got fed up with this, I gave up and stopped thinking about how I would go about it and asked the Lord how he would go about it.

The next night I was woken by my dream which gave the answer.

The way it was to happen was to meet for fellowship, food, prayer, and teaching. I saw a group of people all sitting together for the day and they were doing one of those four things in no particular order. Some were eating. Some were praying. Some were being taught and some were just chatting. The activity ebbed and flowed and no one was in control. People were just doing what the Holy Spirit was leading them to do. The meeting went from about 11 in the morning till about 4 in the afternoon. The children either joined in what the adults were doing or playing with toys that had been provided.

all I needed now was for someone who could share the vision to join me.

ah, that's how the church was established by the likes of Paul, there are those who do that today and it can be most effective. many countries where Christianity is illegal do what the early church did. not all that long ago bibles were being smuggled across the iron curtain.

it became organized as a national religion or religion of the empire via Constantine in 325 ish.

one should understand media is for propaganda, and word of mouth is for the truth. the church since its inception as a "religion" in 325 AD has been off and on the trusted opinion on political and moral matters. now the news media has taken that place in society.

the media is now the administrator on what to believe what to trust who is good who is evil what you should think about this and that so on and so forth. don't forget they brag they are in over a 150 countries today. they are in fact the religion of today. that like powerful religions of the past have vast influence over the masses and government powers must deal with and some fear.

ok so I got off on a rant, but again the truth of God is conveyed from one believer that loves the Truth, to another that receives the love for the Truth.

those of common interests and or like minded gather together, its human nature.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nancy

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
ah, that's how the church was established by the likes of Paul, there are those who do that today and it can be most effective. many countries where Christianity is illegal do what the early church did. not all that long ago bibles were being smuggled across the iron curtain.

it became organized as a national religion or religion of the empire via Constantine in 325 ish.

one should understand media is for propaganda, and word of mouth is for the truth. the church since its inception as a "religion" in 325 AD has been off and on the trusted opinion on political and moral matters. now the news media has taken that place in society.

the media is now the administrator on what to believe what to trust who is good who is evil what you should think about this and that so on and so forth. don't forget they brag they are in over a 150 countries today. they are in fact the religion of today. that like powerful religions of the past have vast influence over the masses and government powers must deal with and some fear.

ok so I got off on a rant, but again the truth of God is conveyed from one believer that loves the Truth, to another that receives the love for the Truth.

those of common interests and or like minded gather together, its human nature.

It may be a rant but a very truthful one.

Reactions: Nancy

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes. I have sat under the leadership of various kinds but I have not seen anything to beat the leadership of the holy spirit.
Sooooo, you want the Church on YOUR terms – and NOT the way Christ built it?
Sounds like another case of spiritual pride.

Whether YOU like it or not - Jesus instituted a hierarchy and a ministerial priesthood – which we see beginning in Acts 1.
Surrender to Christ and you’ll be happy obeying HIM . . .

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
People were just doing what the Holy Spirit was leading them to do.
So said John Calvin and Martin Luther and Huldrych Zwingli and Joseph Smith Jr. and William Miller and David Koresh and Marksman etc. etc.....

Weird how the Holy Spirit lead them to do different things. I wonder who was confused: Them OR the Holy Spirit?

Mary

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
So said John Calvin and Martin Luther and Huldrych Zwingli and Joseph Smith Jr. and William Miller and David Koresh and Marksman etc. etc.....

Weird how the Holy Spirit lead them to do different things. I wonder who was confused: Them OR the Holy Spirit?

Mary
Sorry Mary, but the people you quoted were not in our meetings as far as I know.

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Hey hey, let's leave the differences aside.

Marksman had a dream and I believe it is straight from the Lord. :)

It sounds very much the same or very similar to some meetings we have been in the past.

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
While such a gathering may not necessarily be evident now, it won't be too far distant methinks that such will be the only option. Taking a look around the world and we witness spiritual armies beginning to gather to surround the church. Those armies come in many guises. They take on titles and names against which no one can argue. Like BLM and their fight against racism. Like feminists and fight for equality. The LGBT and their fight for tolerance. But underlying the seemingly innocent exterior, is a hatred for Christianity and the western Judaic Christian worldview. And they are setting the nets tighter and tighter. The organised churches... The ones they see on street corner s and on television, are the ones they target. And the Christian Schools. And other Christian institutions that uphold traditional biblical standards. And eventually, through cowardly legislators and threats of litigation etc those institutions will either give up and walk side by side with the agitators, as is taking place now with many, or the church will simply go underground, and meet casually together. They will be essentially invisible, except they continue in their calling to preach truth and righteousness. Their light will then shine, possibly brighter than ever before. Them the nets will be reset... But the hearts shall never be taken

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sorry Mary, but the people you quoted were not in our meetings as far as I know.
The Holy Spirit did not guide your meeting or John Calvin and Martin Luther and Huldrych Zwingli and Joseph Smith Jr. and William Miller and David Koresh. Because if He had he would not have given all of you a different "truth".

Mary

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The Holy Spirit did not guide your meeting or John Calvin and Martin Luther and Huldrych Zwingli and Joseph Smith Jr. and William Miller and David Koresh. Because if He had he would not have given all of you a different "truth".

Mary
After 1000 years of being taught at the feet of liars and apostates the reformers were all taught by the holy Spirit. But not all of them received all the truth all at once. To each one was given as much light as they could take. They were however still influenced by the baggage of error of past lectures and traditions from Rome. For example. Where did Luther's bigotry against Jews come from? This didn't appear all of a sudden the moment he pinned those thesis to the church door. Calvin's persecution against Serventus didn't appear from a vacuum just because he was suddenly termed a protestor. These evil traits they formed as Catholic priests serving under a system that approved of both practices. And just as Catholicism didn't inherit it's hatred of Jews from the early church (who were all Jews) proves churches can change. Catholicism changed, which necessitateda withdrawal. Protestantism has changed. It had to starting from the position it did it had to reform. But not all did. That's human nature. But some have grown and are maturing, ripening for harvest. What kind of fruit is your church Mary? Or more relevant, what kind of fruit are you? Ripe plum or sour grape?

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

Mary

If you are such a buddy of the Holy Spirit, can I suggest that you talk to him to tell us that we are all wrong and you are right?

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

OT Revealed:
* Positive Laws,
...(and consequences for obedience)
* Negative (curse) Laws,
...(and consequences for disobedience)
* Statutes,
...(Laws that are Facts that will Never ...Change, regardless If a person Believes or ...Not.) IOW ... regardless of ANY person.
* PRECEPTS
... Behaviors (Between Amongst MEN),
... Gods "direction" for "HIS desire for
... behaviors BETWEEN men,
... and the "Consequences" (for favorable or
... unfavorable/Trespasses, will be "decided
...Between men."
* EVIL
...is present in/on mankind's habitat (Earth),
...Beware: (warning)...EVIL is seeking to Dwell with "IN" mankind.
* Examples
...men who Obeyed God, men who didn't and the consequences (by God) for each.
...men who Trespassed Against men, and the consequence for the Trespass (by men).
* Temple
...place FOR ISRAEL to receive "Temporary Forgiveness."

NT Revealed:
* Law Fulfilled
* Law NOT Abolished
* Law continues to Apply to some/ NOT ...others
* Statutes Continue period!
...(For Example:)
...God is Lord
...God does not change
...God is Good.
...God is Spirit.
...God is Holy.
...God is Life.
...God Gives Life.
...God Takes away Life.
(etc. Facts, that ARE, and have nothing to do with mankind, what mankind believes or does.)
* PRECEPTS continue.
...Behaviors (Trespasses) between men. Consequences, (Good or bad), are between men.
* EVIL and warnings continues.
* Examples continue.

******** ... NEW ... *******
... OFFERING ...
To: all people: Israel and Gentiles
For: "Permanent Forgiveness"
IN; An "INTERNAL" Church: "that is IN Christ the Lord Jesus.

The POINT Being:
Man-made Church "Buildings", are no different than any other "structure" men have built. (Homes, businesses, offices, barns, etc.)
Daily...men "IN" Christ's Church (which IS "IN" Christ), and men NOT "IN" Christ's Church...live in, frequent, attend... ARE Present IN man-made Buildings..." together", side-by-side, every day.

Looking for a particular man-made Church to Attend is desirous.
(Logically people will attend a man-MADE Church that is Convenient in relatively close proximity to their home.)
Maybe the person WILL soak up the Good and reject that Church's undesirable proceedings.

I do not "attend" a man-made Church Building.
I do not choose to "think" I can "unsee" or "unhear", what is in Conflict with Gods Word.
My preference is:
Gatherings...ANY time, ANY place, with those "IN" Christ's Church...many times ONLY myself and the Lord God Almighty...and many times with Other men (mankind) whose genuine Desire IS to Learn HOW TO become a member of Christ's Church.

It's a conundrum of sorts.
We can not dictate WHO can be present in public man-made buildings/ or even modern day media forums or their Intent.

However we can Individually dictate Who we will include/exclude/tolerate in a private gathering...in a public or private place.

Glory to God,
Taken

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you are such a buddy of the Holy Spirit, can I suggest that you talk to him to tell us that we are all wrong and you are right?
The church decides who is wrong or right. At least that’s what scripture says. You should study it someday

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The church decides who is wrong or right. At least that’s what scripture says. You should study it someday
I don't know why you have to descend into sarcasm so much. I have been a Christian for 66 years and from day one my mentors pressed on me the daily study of scripture for which I am so thankful for.

Later on, I attended a Brethren Bible College for two years and obtained my Diploma in Theology.

Later still I attended University for 6 years and during that time I benefited from a year's study of the New Testament.

I also have been anointed with a teaching ministry in the body of Christ ( Ephesians 4:11) and I am a University trained teacher.

Sixty-six years on my bibles are still coming out to enable me to add to my body of knowledge.

So what was it you were saying? I should study it someday? What day did you have in mind that is not already used to study it?

Reactions: Brakelite