Discussion: Why Does God Allow Bad Things To Happen To Good People?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Misty Williams

Apr 8, 2022
Mobile
thefathershouseboc.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello, brothers & sisters in Christ!

This week, we pulled a recording from our archives on the topic of "Why Do Bad Things Happen to Good People?" (YouTube)

This is probably one of THE most popular questions by believers and even unbelievers who say “if God is so powerful, why does he allow suffering in the world”.

If you’d like to hear our discussion (which was really fun & helpful), check it out.

I’m posting here because I’d love to hear your responses to that question as well.

God Bless~
Misty

Reactions: shortangel

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America

This week, we pulled a recording from our archives on the topic of "Why Do Bad Things Happen to Good People?" (YouTube)

This is probably one of THE most popular questions by believers and even unbelievers who say “if God is so powerful, why does he allow suffering in the world”.

If you’d like to hear our discussion (which was really fun & helpful), check it out.

I’m posting here because I’d love to hear your responses to that question as well.

God Bless~
Misty
Hi @Misty Williams Good to remember that Romans 8:28 says: "And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose."

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
God set things in motion, he gave humans a brain to make decisions with. Sadly many people make very wrong decisions, but that's not God's fault.

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Maybe why did such happen to Jesus ? That may answer the question.

People are lost to this world and Jesus, pointed out the facts of this world, That it is full of deceptions and delusions ! and that's the problem ! for people are Lost because they have not been found in fact, They are of this world ! Under a curse ! Satan owns this world ! and the people are blighters, until they are saved from this world !
When one is truly born again one is not of this world. One can see ! for one was once blind, now one sees ! Understanding this world is dominated by.

People can grow to have a handle on what it truly is that we are dealing with. We are not fighting against flesh and blood.

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Has anyone actually listened to the video? Within the first 3 minutes, the point is brought out what Jesus said in Mark 10:18 ...that no one is good but God.

i haven't listened to the entire video yet but I can appreciate that this point was made early on in the discussion on the video.

shortangel

Aug 23, 2020
Oregon
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
the book of Job tells alot about suffering but it doesn't explain why God allows suffering, some people say that God allows suffering to test people's faith in him, others say that Satan causes suffering too but i don't know if that's possible

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
the book of Job tells alot about suffering but it doesn't explain why God allows suffering, some people say that God allows suffering to test people's faith in him, others say that Satan causes suffering too but i don't know if that's possible
Suffering is human condition, one can learn from.

atpollard

Jun 30, 2019
Port Richey, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What makes anyone such a special snowflake that they should be exempt from suffering?
Considering what we think and feel and do, it is a wonder we don’t suffer more.

1 Peter 4:12-19 [NLT]
Dear friends, don't be surprised at the fiery trials you are going through, as if something strange were happening to you. Instead, be very glad--for these trials make you partners with Christ in his suffering, so that you will have the wonderful joy of seeing his glory when it is revealed to all the world.

So be happy when you are insulted for being a Christian, for then the glorious Spirit of God rests upon you. If you suffer, however, it must not be for murder, stealing, making trouble, or prying into other people's affairs. But it is no shame to suffer for being a Christian. Praise God for the privilege of being called by his name! For the time has come for judgment, and it must begin with God's household. And if judgment begins with us, what terrible fate awaits those who have never obeyed God's Good News?
And also,
"If the righteous are barely saved,
what will happen to godless sinners?"

So if you are suffering in a manner that pleases God, keep on doing what is right, and trust your lives to the God who created you, for he will never fail you.

Reactions: Reggie Belafonte

Rockerduck

Nov 7, 2022
Marietta, Georgia.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello,
We must humbly come before the Lord for all things in gladness, in trials and sufferings. We must thank the Lord for His mercies on us and the Grace we didn't deserve. In our weakness, Jesus is made stronger in us.

Our Father in heaven,
Hallowed be Your name.
Your kingdom come.
Your will be done
On earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread.
And forgive us our debts,
As we forgive our debtors.
And do not lead us into temptation,
But deliver us from the evil one.
For Yours is the kingdom and the power and the glory forever. Amen.

Reactions: Reggie Belafonte

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

God Bless~
Misty
No one is good except God (Mark 10:18). There is always a reason why God allows things to happen.