Divine Healing Media

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

emekrus

Apr 18, 2015
Nigeria
Faith
Christian
Country
Nigeria
It is scripturally very evident that God’s utmost desire for his children is health (3John2). But then it’s also scripturally true that Christians’ health can be challenged due to any several reasons…

And for the later reason, God has also provided sufficiently for our healing and wholesomeness. So in this article we want to explore these media through which we can receive divine healing in our body. And also minister healing to others when their health is challenged.

The Divine Healing Media

Scripturally, God and his healing and deliverance power reside in every believer (see 1Corinthians 3:16; Matthew 10:1; 2Timothy1:7).But there are some scriptural media through which this God’s healing and deliverance power can be released for healing and deliverance when our health is challenged. And these media are as follows:

1) The Word of God: “He sent his word, and healed them, and delivered them from their destructions”—Psalms 107:20
The word of God is a principal media through which we can release or receive the healing power of God when our health is challenged. And that is why we have countless testimony of miraculous healing and deliverance while people are listening to the word of God being preached or taught.

One of the ministers that record these kinds of miraculous healing and deliverance consistently at the instance of teaching is Pastor W.F Kumuyi.

It is commonly reported that great miracles, including blind eyes opening, lame standing and walking, etc… often take place as he teaches God’s word. So if your health is challenged, you can receive healing and deliverance by standing on the word of God, through confession and mediation; and also by reading or listening to God’s word.

2) Faith in The Name of Jesus: “And his name through faith in his name hath made this man strong whom ye see and know: yea the faith which is by him hath given him this perfect soundness in the presence of you all”—Acts 3:16

The above scriptural quote is from Peter, explaining to the audience the secrets behind the miraculous healing of the lame man at the beautiful gate.

He says the secret behind the release of the miraculous healing power of God for the healing of the lame man was faith in the name of Jesus. And this is why we have countless manifestation of the healing power of God today, as people exercise their faith in the name of Jesus for healing and deliverance.

So if your health or someone’s health is challenged, the healing power of God can be released through faith in the name of Jesus Christ.

3) Laying of Hands: “And these signs shall follow them that believe; in my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongue; they shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover” – Mark 16:17-18. The above scripture tells us that believers shall lay hands on the sick and they shall recover.

I have personally seen the healing power of God released on me and others through the laying on of hands. I had laid hands on points of pain in my body by faith and received healings. I had also laid hands on sick folks and seen them receive healings to the glory of God. So if your health or that of others is challenged, you can release the healing power of God through the laying on of hands by faith.

4) Praying and Anointing With Oil: “Is any sick among you? Let him call for the elders of the Church; and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord: And the prayer of faith shall save the sick, and the Lord shall raise him up; and if he have committed sins, they shall be forgiven him” James 5:14-15
So the healing power of God can be released through prayers, coupled with anointing the sick with anointing oil by faith.

5) Mantle Ministration: In the context of this topic, ‘mantle’ stands for any material that is taken from an anointed minister, to transfer the healing power of God. This can be a shirt, apron or handkerchief. We can see a biblical example of mantle ministration in the ministry of Paul the Apostle.

Here is exactly what the word of God says concerning this: “And God wrought special miracles by the hands of Paul: so that from his body were brought unto the sick handkerchiefs or aprons, and the diseases departed from them, and the evil spirits went out of them”.

So the healing power of God can also flow through the mantle to cause healing and deliverance.

6) Prophetic Directive: The healing power of God can also be transmitted through some special divine directives. The directive may take any number of forms. It may be to breathe on the sick, to lie on the sick, to issue a command, etc. I heard a pastor testify of having to kick someone with a spinal cord challenge to receive his healing. And immediately he kicked him at the challenged spot, the spinal cord problem was instantly healed. Scriptural examples of healing through prophetic directive are:

Nayman receiving his cure by going to river Jordan to deep himself from Elisha’s Prophetic directive. The blind man being anointed with saliva and clay by Jesus and washing at the Siloam. Ananias laying his hand on Paul to receive his sight through a prophetic revelation (Acts 9:11-18).

So there you have it. The list above, amongst others are the different scriptural media through which we can release the healing power of God for our divine healing; and ministration to others that their health are challenged.

Remain Blessed!

Emeke Odili

emekrus

Apr 18, 2015
Nigeria
Faith
Christian
Country
Nigeria
Given this your position, how do you explain the sign gifts we (including me) are now experiencing and seeing in so many ministries and lives?
Quite recently,

A brother in my church, prayed for a dead body that had been embalmed for burial and he came back to life. On searching the scriptures, I fail to see any discrepancies from that.

Jesus says, he that believes in him, the work that he did shall he do also and greater works than these shall he do, because he went to the Father. He didn't put a deadline on that promise.

Wherever did people come up with the idea that miracles ended with the completion of the bible?

My dear, I experience and see miracles every now and then that are in perfect harmony with scriptures to the glory of God.

If you say the miracles we are experiencing are not real? You might be inadvertently giving God's glory to the devil. And to that, I would rather advise you to reconsider your stands.

Bless you.

SovereignGrace

Certified Flunky
Feb 15, 2019
Crum, WVa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Quite recently,

A brother in my church, prayed for a dead body that had been embalmed for burial and he came back to life. On searching the scriptures, I fail to see any discrepancies from that.

Bogus. You saw nothing of the sort. This reeks of an A.A. Allen story.

Nothing to see here folks, move along.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Bogus. You saw nothing of the sort. This reeks of an A.A. Allen story.

Nothing to see here folks, move along.

I've been here for a few years now, and I know emekrus to be a man of integrity who wouldn't lie about something like that. I think if anyone's opinion should be regarded as "bogus" it would be someone who bounces in off the street and immediately begins accusing long-standing members who have consistently demonstrated humility and integrity of being liars.

Any comments? Or is my opinion just as "bogus"?

SovereignGrace

Certified Flunky
Feb 15, 2019
Crum, WVa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've been here for a few years now, and I know emekrus to be a man of integrity who wouldn't lie about something like that. I think if anyone's opinion should be regarded as "bogus" it would be someone who bounces in off the street and immediately begins accusing long-standing members who have consistently demonstrated humility and integrity of being liars.

Any comments? Or is my opinion just as "bogus"?

Well, I am a cessationist. I see these claims for what they are, bogus. I work in a hospital lab on night shift. A courier who delivers our blood from Red Cross made a STAT delivery to us one night several years ago. We got to talking about the Bible when he mentioned a story A.A. Allen told. He said he went by a funeral one day and decided to stop in. He got the body out and stood it up and it fell. He picked it up and dusted it off. He then proceeded to bring it back to life.

Now, why didn’t Mr. Allen stop every funeral he went to? Why just bring back to life everyone?

When the last Apostle died, the gifts ceased as well.

Reactions: Mjh29

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just Pastor W.F Kumuyi's association with Benny Hinn is enough to disqualify him in my eyes. I knew Benny long before he went nuts, and now I want nothing to do with him or any of his "people."

(And I am a strong believer in present-day Spiritual gifts.)

Last edited:

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
If you say the miracles we are experiencing are not real? You might be inadvertently giving God's glory to the devil.
Christians today should be clear about a couple of things which are consistent with the Bible:

1. God is doing miracles daily, which no even one hears about. The primary miracle which God wants to see is sinners coming to repentance and being saved daily, since there is joy in Heaven over these miracles. And the prayer of faith is still valid for God to move His hand (if He so chooses) for healing or for even raising the dead.

2. Miracle workers have ceased, and you will not find any within the churches today. Were this not so, the hospitals would be empty. That is because signs, wonders and miracles accompanied the Gospel of Christ when it was introduced, and they authenticated the fact that (a) the apostles and their companions were sent by God and (b) that the Gospel was as supernatural as the miracles themselves.

I am become a fool in glorying; ye have compelled me: for I ought to have been commended of you: for in nothing am I behind the very chiefest apostles, though I be nothing.
Truly the signs of an apostle were wrought among you in all patience, in signs, and wonders, and mighty deeds. (2 Cor 12:11,12)

Therefore we ought to give the more earnest heed to the things which we have heard, lest at any time we should let them slip. For if the word spoken by angels was stedfast, and every transgression and disobedience received a just recompence of reward; How shall we escape, if we neglect so great salvation; which at the first began to be spoken by the Lord, and was confirmed unto us by them that heard him; God also bearing them witness, both with signs and wonders, and with divers miracles, and gifts of the Holy Ghost, according to his own will? (Heb 2:1-4)

Since the Jews were to receive the Gospel first, and the Jews always looked for signs, God provided them with miracles and miracle workers. (Just as Christ authenticated Himself and His Gospel by His numerous miracles). But after the majority of Jews rejected Christ, there was no need for miracle workers. That is because the Gospel itself is the power of God unto salvation (Rom 1:16)

As Abraham said to the rich man in Hades: If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead. (Lk 16:31) And Moses had already told the world that God would raise up a Prophet (Christ) whose words were to be obeyed (regardless of miracles):

The LORD thy God will raise up unto thee a Prophet from the midst of thee, of thy brethren, like unto me; unto him ye shall hearken;...I will raise them up a Prophet from among their brethren, like unto thee, and will put my words in his mouth; and he shall speak unto them all that I shall command him. And it shall come to pass, that whosoever will not hearken unto my words which he shall speak in my name, I will require it of him. (Deut 18:15,18,19)

marksman

My eldest granddaughter showing the result of her
Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Well, I am a cessationist. I see these claims for what they are, bogus. I work in a hospital lab on night shift. A courier who delivers our blood from Red Cross made a STAT delivery to us one night several years ago. We got to talking about the Bible when he mentioned a story A.A. Allen told. He said he went by a funeral one day and decided to stop in. He got the body out and stood it up and it fell. He picked it up and dusted it off. He then proceeded to bring it back to life.

Now, why didn’t Mr. Allen stop every funeral he went to? Why just bring back to life everyone?

Who said so? I see you are reluctant to answer my question. Perhaps no one did. Perhaps it is a figment of your wobbly theology.

marksman

My eldest granddaughter showing the result of her
Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Well, I am a cessationist. I see these claims for what they are, bogus.

Why do we get regaled with stupid questions like this? Anyone who knows what they are talking about and this person obviously does not, that you only do what the Spirit of God tells you to do.

If God has not told him to stop every funeral he went to then you don't stop every funeral you went to.

If the miracles today are bogus, what do I do about seeing a one-handed boy grow a second hand in a prayer meeting?

Do I have to tell him the hand is not real and he is to get rid of it?

Reactions: Willie T

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Precisely. As someone said "If you don't want revival you won't get it."
Many people are quick to respond with a negative faith. One example is on the possibility of becoming perfect prior to having the dirt shoveled over your face. I hear lots of people say no one can be perfect or be sinless this side of natural death. This amounts to calling Jesus a liar as I understand the scriptures.